Shaving of the pubic hair to so many people, is nothing new. A few sociological theories have suggested that shaving of the pubic hair has to do with cultural trends spawned by certain hairless actors and actresses or even a misguided attempt at hygiene.
The most common body areas shaved are the underarms, legs, pubic area, eyebrows, and face for females; the face, abdomen, back, chest, groin, and legs for males.
While some people prefer wax, shaving is the most common method used for the underarms, legs, and pubic area.
Pubic shaving actually originated in ancient Egypt and Greece when prostitutes had to shave for both hygienic reasons and as a clear sign of their profession. Although female body shaving was established as the norm between 1915 and 1945, pubic hair removal did not actually gain a strong foothold until the 1980’s.
Here are 6 reasons why you should not shave your pubic hair:
1. Pubic hair helps control your body temperature
We all know that hair helps regulate body temperature, but how exactly? Hair follicles help with sweating.
There is a sebaceous gland on each hair follecule which releases oils onto the hair, that in turn allows the oils go up to the skin’s surface. When this oil evaporates, it cools the skin because of its latent heat.
2. Pubic hair actually protects you
The pubic hair protects you from diseases and skin problems. Among other protections, it helps to prevent foreign particles like dust and pathogenic bacteria from entering your body.
3. Pubic hair contains pheromones
Scientists are of the belief that pubic hair retains sexual secretions that are otherwise referred to as pheromones. This is what attracts us to each other. The body gives off more pheromones as you sweat and those secretions are retained in the pubic hair regions.
4. Higher risk for genital warts
Genital warts are located near or on the genital areas. In a female, it is situated on or outside the genital area, vagina, cervix, or anus. In a male, that means near or on the penis, scrotum, or anus.
Warts appear as bumps or growths. They tend to be whitish or flesh colored. Many times a person with genital warts doesn’t know that he or she has it. If you shave your pubic hair, you are putting yourself at a higher risk of contracting genital warts.
5. You are more likely to catch molluscum contagiosum (viral infection)
Shaving or waxing your pubic hair increases your risk of contracting a viral infection. Research has shown that hairless genitals may provide an opportunity for sexually transmitted diseases like molluscum to take hold, with shaving showing the strongest association. Molluscum contagiosum is spread easily, and it has been suggested that the virus may have spread primarily through self-infections caused by scratching skin irritated by shaving.
6. It causes skin problems in your private area
Removal of pubic hair naturally irritates the hair follicles, leaving microscopic open wounds. Frequent hair removal is necessary to stay smooth, causing regular irritation of the shaved or waxed area. Many doctors say it is not unusual to find patients with boils and abscesses on their genitals from shaving as well as cellulitis, an infection of the scrotum. Being on the private parts, these skin issues are often more uncomfortable than they would be on other parts of the body.
For these reasons above, it is in your best interest not to attempt pubic hair shaving, or to put a stop to it if you are already in the habit of doing so.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- National News20 hours ago
Pretty Lady Who Recently Got Married Dies During Child Birth
- Entertainment6 hours ago
“Manipulative As Ever People” – Erica‘s Manager Drags Laycon Over Interview
- Entertainment6 hours ago
Mike Edwards’ Wife, Perri Shares Lovely Family Photo On Instagram
- News Feed20 hours ago
I miss my ex-husband, Blossom Chukwu — Maureen Esisi
- Entertainment9 hours ago
VIDEO: Weird Controversies Trail Wedding Ceremony Of Nigerian Actor, Williams Uchemba
- News Feed20 hours ago
Fans Of Yemi Alade Mocks Tiwa Savage For Not Making Grammy Awards Nominees
- News Feed20 hours ago
Nigerian man publicly denounces Christianity, accepts Ijaw deity worship
- Entertainment23 hours ago
BBNaija Star, Kiddwaya Shows Off His New Look (Photos)