Connect with us

Metro News

Britain To Keep Over N8m Seized From Diezani For Six Months Ahead Of Trial

Published

on

5

The British government, yesterday, seized £27,000 from embattled ex-minister of Petroleum, Diezani Alison-Madueke, who was granted conditional bail by the National Crime Agency (NCA) last week.

The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) reported that £5,000 and $2000 were also seized by the NCA from Beatrice Agama, Diezani’s mother.

According to a BBC report monitored in Abuja, the NCA had approached the Westminster Magistrate’s Court on Marylebone Road, London, and obtained the order to seize the said sum until April next year.

The NCA is said to have applied for the seizure of the money in accordance with Section 295 of Proceeds of Crime Act 2012, POCA. In response, the court ruled that the money could be held for six months.

Some other top officials of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) were said to be facing possible arrest and extradition to the United Kingdom to face trial along with their former boss because of the roles they allegedly played in stealing billions of petro-dollars.

Alison-Madueke did not appear in court, yesterday, but her mother, Beatrice Agama, and another woman, Melanie Spencer, reportedly, showed up.

The Presidency has confirmed that it contacted the British government on repatriation of the stolen wealth to the country but did not say whether it would ask for the extradition of the suspects for trial in the country or not.

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. ibrahimkwakes

    October 6, 2015 at 2:52 pm

    women should not be asking for 35percent affirmative action,cos they constitute 90percent of the cause of corruption,remember patricia ethe,stellaoduah,okonjo iweala,aruma otti,they,re the cause of corruption,and they,re equally corrupt,they,and money are the physical devils you can see and touch,and they,re our parents,god save us.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Published

on

Nigeria's Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Communications minister, Isa Pantami

Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has announced the loss of his 13-year-old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali.

The Minister took to his Twitter account on Monday night to announce this sad news.

Pantami stated that the funeral prayer for the deceased will be conducted in Abuja on Tuesday at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2.

Also Read: Gunmen Evict NIDCOM Staff From Office On Minister’s Order

The post by the minister announcing the incident reads; “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun! My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.

“Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer In sha Allah. May Allah forgive and be merciful to her.”

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Published

on

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Governor Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.

The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.

The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.

Also Read: Umahi Unhappy With PDP Because Atiku Picked Peter Obi – Wike

Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.

He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Published

on

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Bello Matawalle

Governor of Zamafara, Bello Matawalle has announced the release of 11 kidnapped victims.

According to reports, ten of the victims were male and a female from Bukkuyum Local Government Area.

Matawalle received the rescued kidnapped victims on Saturday night at the Government House in Gusau, the state capital.

The Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Muhammed Dauran revealed that the victims were released without paying a ransom.

Also Read: Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

He stated they were released as a result of the peace initiative and stakeholders meeting summoned by Governor Matawalle with all critical stakeholders from Bukkuyum Local Government Area on Thursday.

Governor Matawalle assured that his administration will not rest on its oars until total peace is achieved in all parts of the state.

 

Continue Reading

Trending