News Feed

“Oluchi Saw Her Death Coming” – Family Of Electrocuted UNILAG Student

The neighbourhood of the University of Lagos, undergraduate, Oluchi Anekwe, who was electrocuted on campus last Tuesday evening, has perhaps seen more visitors over the last few days than at any previous time in its history, as sympathisers thronged the sprawling Okota suburb in Lagos to commiserate with the household.

It is the most difficult period for the Anekwes, a catholic family from Aku in Igbo-Etiti Local Government Area of Enugu State.

The father of the deceased, Chief Basil Anekwe, while expressing his disgust at the incident, said the family was at a loss.

“It still feels like a dream that my daughter is gone.”

“She was the star of the family.” “Always striving to become the best at her academics. Even as a first class student, she wasn’t satisfied, she wanted to break records and was already discussing where she would prefer to do her Master’s degree. That was who Oluchi was.”

He continued: “On Sunday, when I saw Oluchi, she said I should send her some money for upkeep. On Tuesday, I was planning to send about N30,000 to her, when I learnt about the incident. I was initially told it was a mere accident.

“I am only glad that my daughter did not die returning from a party or an offensive place; she died returning from the presence of God. The university delegation this morning brought a letter to me from the VC.”

Similarly, Oluchi’s immediate elder sibling, Nkem – a practising lawyer – described vividly account of her last moments before the sad incident.

She said Oluchi could have survived had staff of the UNILAG medical centre attended to her immediately she was rushed to the facility, – authorities had insisted on seeing her Identity card before checking her.

Nkem also revealed that her sibling had a premonition of something terrible happening a few days before the sad incident.

Last Sunday while at one of our prayer meetings in church, the man of God asked us to rebuke every monitoring spirit assigned to follow us about. Immediately, Oluchi got on her knees and started praying seriously, crying for God to rebuke evil away from her. I had never seen her pray like that before. It was as if she knew death was around the corner,” Nkem said.

Remains of the late Oluchi has been taken to the Igbo-Etiti local government area of Enugu state on Friday, September 11, for burial.

Academic activities at the university have been grounded since the incident happened, as the students of the institution took to the campus to express their displeasure over the mishap.

Source: 360Nobs.com

1. Ransome

September 12, 2015 at 8:57 pm

I think all this self aggrandized Doctors should be sack in all the hospitals, bcos I can see they’re only there for money & self interests & not to save lives, these kind of people are not suppose to exist on this planet earth, if assuming the gal was to be the stupid doctor’s daughter, will he have av asked of ID card b4 attending to her….this are the things minister of health should look into….hospitals exist to safe live….Life first b4 money…..am realli angry cos of this issue….if assuming the doctor attended to her she could av survive……… pls this hospital issues should be addressed in Nigeria…..

2. Ade

September 12, 2015 at 9:19 pm

We are clamouring to stop corruption and this type of doctor are still existing after they give order to attend to any immangency b4 the vitim give up if they can use this man as example so that rest doctor can change to dismise and size is certificate and that very month sallary for atleast ten years

3. pretty

September 12, 2015 at 11:47 pm

The doc needs to be sacked , most of them are there for their selfish ends bt only God will judge him for this he had done. Oluchukwu I pray may u rest in the bossom of the Lord .

4. Pat MO

September 13, 2015 at 3:57 am

#This hospital issue should be addressed in Nigeria #no more I.D card,# no more part payment, #no more police statement before treating immagency pateints.

5. habiba

September 13, 2015 at 4:19 am

@ransome well said. That is why there is EMERGENCY services in hospitals. No need for stupid questions, just treat patient, anything else will follow later. I don’t know how something like this keeps happening in this Country and has never been looked into it. Money matters before lives? Why? Why? Why? It’s really pathetic. Nigeria will always, always be backward with this attitude. Seriously, the government really need to look into this issue, because people are dying unnecessary at the hands of so called doctors.

6. chibuzo mbegbu

September 13, 2015 at 8:55 am

Sad news nigerians are fools they only like more dan humans life we don’t like life of people only God will them

7. chibuzo mbegbu

September 13, 2015 at 8:57 am

I hate Nigeria I regret y am a nigerian

8. patrick

September 13, 2015 at 11:28 am

ID card? just ID card? what if she wasnt a student afterall,doesnt she deserve to be treated first before any such inhuman and stupid protocols? And the school/hospital authority will hear of this and not bother to investigate and prosecute the offender,and the call it a noble profession,what is noble about watching someone die!

9. Chalcedony

September 13, 2015 at 7:51 pm

You guys have said it all, I’m not sure those doctors swore the oath of office before getting that job. She’s a very pretty girl, they should have at least tried to save her life. I’ve been sad all day.

10. Sunny sonero

September 13, 2015 at 10:27 pm

I pray nt to b among des categories of professionals wen am practicing. So sad to kn this.

11. pote

September 13, 2015 at 10:32 pm

Really sad.WHat a painful death but God sees all.

12. lien

September 14, 2015 at 9:26 am

Please whoever becomes d minister of Health tomorrow shld please look into this. How can u demand i.d from a dying person before treatment? This is totally unfair and God will punish those involved in this unwholesome behavior.

13. ken

September 14, 2015 at 8:04 pm

This is pathetic, the doctor should have at least attended to her before requesting for id card

14. Jane

September 22, 2015 at 3:06 pm

From my experience in that medical center, am sure it must have been a nurse that acosted them. Those their Nurses are something else, they are sulsy and self – centered as hell. It even gets worst when they get to know you are a student, they would treat you like trash. There in Unilag Medical center, the nurses act as if they are there to compete with students,especially female students, its very pathetic. They dnt even know the first thing about Nursing. The staffs there all need SERIOUS ORIENTATION ON HEALTH CARE.

15. KingsleyZech202

December 30, 2015 at 3:45 pm

May the soul of d departed rest in peace. May the living accomplish their goals here on earth and equally in heaven. God knws best!!!

News Feed

I Was Three Years Old When I Met My Wife – Nigerian Man Narrates

A Nigerian identified as Nanpon narrates how he met his wife at age three.

Taking to his Tittwer hndle, he wrote;

“You asked for the full story so here it is: @Heeldarh
’s parents and mine had been friends since before either of us were born and they are till now. So when her mum was pregnant for her, she came to my house one day ( I was three years old at that time). I was told that I reached”

News Feed

Nigeria Army Officials Allegedly Beat Lady For Refusing To Greet Them (Video)

A Nigeria lady in a video said he was beaten by some officials of the Nigerian Army because she refused to greet them.

According to the lady in the video, ”they were wearing Army uniform and whipping me kobokobo because I did not greet them”.

The aggrieved lady in rage said should she kneel down to greet them because they were soldiers?.

It was reported that the incident happened at Eti Osa Local Government Area in Lagos State.

Watch the video below;

P

News Feed

‘Ned Nwoko Dey Chop Better Things’ – Fan Gushes Over Regina Daniels New Photos

Fans have hailed politician, Ned Nwoko, saying that he is really enjoying after his wife, Regina Daniels shared new adorable photos.

The young Nollywood actress took to her official Facebook page and shared some stunning photos of herself, which got some of her fans praising her beauty.

After sharing the photos, one of her fans who couldn’t just like the photos and keep on scrolling his phone took to the comment section to say his mind.

According to the fan identified as Anthony Boadu, the Nigerian lawyer, politician, and humanitarian, Prince Ned Nwoko, is lucky for having Regina Daniels as his wife because she is very beautiful and he is really enjoying something better.

He wrote; “Old man dey chop better things”

Another fan also took to the comment section and asked the mother of one of her billionaire husband marrying another lady to become his 7th wife, as reported.

See the photo below: