Connect with us

Politics

How Parradang Encouraged Indiscipline, Corruption In NIS – Ex-Minister Moro

Published

on

Paradang-and-Moro-The immediate past Interior Minister, Comrade Abba Moro, yesterday said he was not responsible for the predicament of the former Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), Mr. David Parradang.

Parradang was first suspended from office by President Muhammadu Buhari for illegal recruitment of about 1600 immigration staff. While on suspension, his replacement, Kure Martin Abeshi, was announced.

Both Moro and Parradang were last year enmeshed in controversy when some job seekers were killed and several others injured at a poorly organized recruitment exercise by the NIS.

Despite the tragedy and calls from majority of Nigerians for the duo’s sack, the former administration of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan left them in office.

In his first public statement since he left office in May, Mr. Moro said the rot in the service is a result of Parradang’s leadership disposition, which according to him, encouraged and promoted gross indiscipline.

He also expressed shock at recent reports attributing the rot in the immigration service to him, saying, “It was purely an attempt to divert the attention of the public from the issue of illegal recruitment carried out under his watch”.

Moro’s statement read: “As Minister, I introduced various reforms to curtail corruption in the Nigeria Immigration Service. At various fora, I never lost the opportunity to point out the rot in the Immigration Service. When four Public Relations Officers (PROs) of four companies based in Lagos complained of being fleeced via Expatriate quota implementation by the Nigeria Immigration Service, I set up a committee on abuse of expatriate quota administration. Mr. Parradang frustrated the committee. When complaints of certificate forgery were raised, I set a committee on Certificate forgery. Again, Mr. Parradang frustrated the committee.

“Across the Services in the Ministry of Interior, several serving officers have been found to have corrupted themselves, have been investigated, some dismissed and handed over to the Police for prosecution; some found guilty, some jailed in the Civil Defence, Prison and Fire Services. A very senior officer of the Federal Fire Service who collected money of close to one hundred million naira only (#100,000,000) was investigated, found guilty for extorting money from unsuspecting members of the public for job and was handed over to the Police for prosecution. Yet an officer of the Nigeria Immigration Service under Mr. Parradang’s watch, who was found guilty of a similar offence was shielded despite repeated directives for action against him.

“It is pertinent to ask here; what has promotion/posting got to do with the present issue of illegal recruitment by Mr. Parradang and his Presidential Committee and Mr. Parradang’s insubordinate refusal to reverse the illegality as directed by a competent authority? What has Abba Moro got to do with that? In his paranoid desire to always disobey the Minister’s instructions, perhaps, Mr. Parradang thought I was still Minister giving instructions.

“Did Abba Moro go away with Mr. Parradang’s thinking cap? I am certainly not responsible for Mr. Parradang’s present predicament. I will not certainly allow myself to be a pawn in Mr. Parradang’s cynical strategy to cover up his leadership inertia”.

Continue Reading
5 Comments

5 Comments

  1. Pastor Innocent I. I.

    September 3, 2015 at 9:10 am

    What is the hope of innocent Nigerians who probably incurred several risk before securing the job?Some had to resign only to datch their hope.Unfortunately everything is politicalised at the detriment of the citizens. Of course lifes related to them are affected and some would develop psychological trauma. I think a more mature mention should be employed rather than adding pains to Nigerians.Those youth are innocent and a fair threat be shown to them else some might go into criminal act having been given letters of appointment and trained on handing guns.They would tell their unborn generation how they were denied of an opportunity to serve in their father after rigorious processes ,which their children might not forgive us for watching in silence.Mr President should know that government is dynamic and continuation of project be encouraged for advancement and swift societal development.He should go ahead with his plan work, having in mind to offer jobs to the youth ,this recruited ones be allowed to continue.A neutral committee should be set up to investigate if the new recruit went through the neccesary procured without exchange of bribe.Justice should prevail above sentiments.

    • Pastor Innocent I. I.

      September 3, 2015 at 9:21 am

      Else the fall out of degrading,disengaging,disqualifying and discontinuing existing projects and programs in different section might be dasatrous to the continual oneness of our country,owing to reactions from several quarters.

    • Pastor Innocent I. I.

      September 3, 2015 at 9:26 am

      Else the fall out of degrading,disengaging,disqualifying and discontinuing existing projects and programs in different section might be dasatrous to the continual oneness of our country,owing to reactions from several quarters.We must paddle with wisdom knowing full well that the country is a complex entity.

  2. Emmanuel

    January 6, 2016 at 9:12 am

    i want to be updated

  3. Emmanuel

    January 6, 2016 at 9:15 am

    I always want to be updated

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

Ondo Election: Jegede Files Petition Against Akeredolu’s Victory

Published

on

Ondo Election: Jegede Files Petition Against Akeredolu’s Victory
Ondo Election: Jegede Files Petition Against Akeredolu’s Victory

Eyitayo Jegede

Eyitayo Jegede, candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the October 10, 2020, governorship election of Ondo State, has challenged the victory of Governor Rotimi Akeredolu in the exercise.

Jegede, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, filed a petition at the election petition tribunal sitting in Akure on Friday.

The PDP candidate has also joined the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), the All Progressives Congress, and the deputy governor-elect, Lucky Aiyedatiwa, in the petition.

Also Read: Ondo Guber: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Akeredolu, Deputy

Jegede is challenging the election on four grounds including “That the election was marred by irregularities and pockets of violence and intimidation”.

He also faulted the emergence of Governor Akeredolu as the candidate of the APC during its governorship primary election held on the 20th of July 2020.

Continue Reading

Politics

AlphaBeta’s Collection Of $19m Monthly Revenue In Lagos Sacrilegious, Says Bode George

Published

on

Bode George
AlphaBeta’s Collection Of $19m Monthly Revenue In Lagos Sacrilegious, Says Bode George

Bode George

A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic  Party (PDP) Chief Bode George has described the collection of internally generated revenue in Lagos state by a private firm called AlphaBeta, which earns around N7.5bn ($19 million) monthly as sacrilegious.

The former National Port Authority (NPA) called on the state government to block all forms of revenue leakages.

He made this known while speaking on Arise TV on Friday morning.

Also Read: BREAKING: IGP Replies Amnesty, Says Policemen Didn’t Shoot #EndSARS Protesters

“There are so many leakages in the Lagos State Government purse. Take this AlphaBeta; who owns this AlphaBeta? What is the essence of the AlphaBeta? Where else in the world would you have an Inland Revenue Service, who have their own staff who are supposed to go out and collect the fees, but you have an independent company to be supposedly collecting the internally generated revenue from our state?

“It grosses around N50bn (about $130m) a month and you know how much that company (AlphaBeta) is paid 15% of it, that’s N7.5bn in thirty days going to the company, that is a leakage, that is sacrilegious.”

 

Continue Reading

Politics

Ganduje Reinstates Suspended Aide Who Attacked President Buhari

Published

on

Governor Ganduje
Ganduje Reinstates Suspended Aide Who Attacked President Buhari

Governor Ganduje

Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State has reinstated his Special Adviser on Social Media, Tanko Yakasai.

According to reports, the Kano State Governor who had earlier suspended his media aide for condemning President Muhammadu Buhari over #EndSARS protests reinstated the aide without many details.

Also Read: Wike Signs Executive Order Proscribing IPOB, Lifts Curfew

Yakasai on his Twitter account had accused Buhari of being insensitive to the plights of Nigerians during the #EndSARS protests across the nation.

The development saw Governor Ganduje suspend his aide who was commended by Nigerians for the courage.

Ganduje, however, has ordered the reinstatement of his aide two weeks after his suspension.

Continue Reading

Trending