KPMG – Our client, a leading Commercial Bank in Nigeria, seeks to recruit a self-driven, and experienced individual to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head, Strategy and Planning
Job Code HSP001
- This role is a Senior Management position. The ideal candidate should have proven experience in strategy articulation, planning and development in a world-class and highly dynamic environment and a working knowledge of financial services in Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) including key trends and drivers.
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the articulation, development, implementation and monitoring of the Bank’s overall corporate, business lines and functional strategies in collaboration with top management and other key stakeholders.
- Facilitate the enterprise strategy planning process and coordinate the articulation and monitoring of the enterprise strategy
- Liaise with key stakeholders to develop detailed market/functional strategies.
- Identify, analyse, monitor and execute corporate development initiatives/ tactics that enhance growth and efficiency within the bank.
Strategic Decision Support:
- Monitor local and global macro – environment, regulatory, industry trends and developments and distill insights for the Bank.
- Oversee development of economic models and scenarios to aid management decision making.
- Monitor market and competitor activities, industry developments and dynamics.
- Ensure continuous and timely research, collation, analysis and storage of relevant economic, market and statistical indices for utilization by Executive Management to aid effective decision making.
- Provide support to the Executive Management on strategic and regulatory issues on an ongoing basis.
- Drive merger and acquisition opportunities as required.
- Ensure effective communication of the Bank’s vision, goals and objectives to all relevant stakeholders.
- Develop strategic implementation initiatives and establish systems to monitor progress on a continuous basis.
- Drive the strategic planning process and sessions at all levels within the Banking Group including Management, Board and Subsidiary strategy sessions.
Qualification, Skill and Experience
- Working knowledge of the SSA and Nigeria financial services industry, trends and key drivers
- Strong understanding of corporate development practices, including portfolio evaluation, business development, new market entry and growth strategies.
- Good knowledge of global economic dynamics including trends and key drivers of change.
- Ability to effectively relate to and influence Executive Management and Board.
- Excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- At least 10 years relevant experience in strategy, corporate development and business planning from reputable management consulting firms or leading global/Nigerian players with the Nigerian financial services sector.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline, an MBA and other Business related Post graduate qualifications would be an advantage.
Application Deadline: 17th September, 2015.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Job title and Job code (HSP001) stated in the subject line of the email
Each Application must include
- A cover letter detailing the applicants position of interest and detailed contact information
- Applicants curriculum vitae
- All applications will be treated in confidence.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.