FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: FANTA Project Manager, Nigeria
The Food and Nutrition Technical Assistance III Project (FANTA) works to improve nutrition and food security policies, strategies and programs through technical support to the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and its partners, including host country governments, international organizations, and NGO implementing partners. Focus areas for technical support include maternal and child health and nutrition, HIV and other infectious diseases, food security and livelihood strengthening, and emergency and reconstruction. FANTA develops and adapts approaches to support the design and quality implementation of field programs while building on field experience to improve and expand the evidence base, methods, and global standards for nutrition and food security programming. The project, funded by USAID, is a 5-year cooperative agreement.
Based in Abuja, Nigeria, the Project Manager will manage FANTA’s technical assistance to USAID/Nigeria and its partners in the implementation of nutrition assessment, counseling, and support (NACS) interventions for people living with HIV (PLHIV) and orphans and vulnerable children (OVC). Specific duties will include support for Federal and/or selected Sub national units NACS coordinating mechanisms and policies, the integration of nutrition indicators into routine HIV M&E systems; the development of training materials for pre- and in-service health workers; the development of job aids and facilitation of NACS training for service providers; and the promotion of functional linkages between NACS and other activities supported by USAID/Nigeria such as IYCF and OVC related activities, activities. The FANTA Project Manager will also work with other U.S. President’s Emergency Fund for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Partners, and other relevant entities in designing and rolling out NACS interventions. Field work will be mainly based in the south of Nigeria and will require extensive travel.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage and coordinate FANTA technical assistance in Nigeria, including support to the design and implementation of NACS interventions in selected sites, develop technical resource materials on NACS, train/supervise trainers and service providers in NACS, and support quality implementation (QI) of NACS services.
- Provide technical assistance to the Federal Ministry of Health Local Government Areas (LGA) in strategic planning, coordination, and coaching and mentoring of service providers to deliver high quality and efficient NACS services.
- Establish collaboration with USAID implementing partners as well as with international and bilateral institutions to ensure a smooth coordination of NACS activities.
- Participate in Sub national-Units technical working group on nutrition and HIV.
- Work closely with the FANTA social and behavior change communication (SBCC) Technical Advisor in the development of social and behavior change communication messages and materials on nutrition and infectious diseases (HIV, TB) , emphasizing capacity development of health care providers in interpersonal communication skills for nutrition and infectious diseases counseling and education.
- Draft technical materials including guidelines, training manuals, reports, concept notes, and other materials as needed and review and refine materials produced by consultants.
- Identify, recruit, and manage consultants to support technical assistance activities in Nigeria, including developing scopes of work, managing activities, meeting activity timeframes and budgets, and reviewing and finalizing consultant products.
- Facilitate training and participate in mentoring, supportive supervision, and quality improvement of NACS activities.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of all NACS training, analyze and report on pre- and post-test results and evaluations of training, including maintaining a data base and mailing list of all training participants.
- Create and maintain a documentation system for FANTA technical materials (including guidelines, job aids, training materials, reports, and other relevant documents) for the FMOH and LGA (SNU) and national nutrition partners and professionals, and make those materials openly available to all.
- Work closely with the FMOH and/or LGA and implementing partners on future revisions/adaption of National M&E system to introduce required changes in data recording and collection to reflect NACS activities
- Support for integration of nutrition indicators into monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems; Establishment of quality improvement systems.
- Document the process and lessons learned in implementation of NACS in Nigeria. Identify and resolve project issues and implement improvement plans to ensure project stays on schedule and within budget.
- Respond to requests from USAID/Nigeria for technical inputs to strategies, programs, and policies related to nutrition.
- Prepare FANTA work plans, budgets, and progress reports for relevant State LGA and contribute to FANTA annual work planning and reporting.
- Work with USAID/Nigeria and FANTA to identify and plan nutrition activities that may need support in the future.
- Regularly update USAID/Nigeria on FANTA activities, fulfill USAID and PEPFAR reporting requirements for these activities and share key developments and experiences with other FANTA staff.
- Work with FMOH, Sub National Units Health offices and/or partners in the South of Nigeria to implement trainings and/or workshops and to disseminate materials.
- Participate in FANTA staff meetings, retreats, and technical update sessions.
- May supervisor up to one administrative staff
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, medicine, or related public health discipline; advanced degree strongly preferred.
- At least 7 years of experience in nutrition, health, SBCC or HIV or TB programs including technical assistance, program design and management, research, or policy development and analysis
- Experience with health and nutrition in Nigeria
- Experience with USAID-funded projects and programs
- Experience working closely with ministries of health and government health systems
- Experience with technical, financial, and administrative management of national technical activities such as training and programming
- Knowledge of nutrition programming, including nutrition care of PLHIV and TB , maternal nutrition, and infant and young child nutrition
- Knowledge of SBCC methods
- Fluency in French and English
- Excellent writing skills, with demonstrated ability to write effectively for a range of audiences and purposes, e.g., tools and materials for health service providers, guidelines, work plans, training materials, and reports
- Strong skills in training trainers and service providers in technical topics
- Strong oral presentation skills on technical topics for varied audiences, including policy makers, program managers, service providers, and technical experts
- Ability to facilitate multi-stakeholder processes and implement activities effectively within government systems
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Familiarity with USAID policies and programs
- Excellent interpersonal, oral communication, managerial, and organizational skills
- Ability to translate technical information into practical guidance and tools for program managers and service providers
- Ability to travel up to 30 % of the time
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
Vacancy for an Editor at Information Nigeria
nformation Nigeria a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers is looking to employ an experienced editor.
– Supervise and be responsible for all content created and published on the Information Nigeria website.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or a related field.
Pay package includes industry standard salary and bonuses when certain milestones are met.
* Please send a cover letter, CV and 3 samples of your work to: email@example.com
* The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for Editor Position’
* Application Deadline is: 23rd June 2019
- Entertainment23 hours ago
EndSARS: “It Will Be A Big Shame If You Sell Your Conscience” – Mercy Eke
- Entertainment23 hours ago
Naomi Campbell Reacts After Being Tagged A “Culture Vulture” By Davido’s Manager, Asa Asika
- National News22 hours ago
Buhari Holds National Security Meeting Amid EndSARS Protests Violence
- National News22 hours ago
BREAKING: Hoodlums Invade Ondo Prison, Release Inmates
- National News22 hours ago
Ekiti Extends Curfew Indefinitely
- Entertainment22 hours ago
‘All My Hard Work And Investment Is Gone’ – Actress Uche Elendu Cries Out As Hoodlums Loot, Destroy Her Shop
- Entertainment21 hours ago
“You Are One Of The Disappointments We Have Seen This Year” – Frank Edoho Knocks Osinbajo
- National News22 hours ago
Ikoyi Prison On Fire, Inmates Attempt Jail Break (Video)