Connect with us

Metro News

BREAKING: Osun Govt. Pays Only 3 Out Of 8 Months Salaries Owed Despite Bailout Fund

Published

on

Rauf-Aregbesola

Osun State Governor Rauf Aregbesola has paid part of the eight month salaries owed to workers in the state.

Reports from the state reveal that salaries for March, April and May were paid in full but the governor did not offset the part owed from January and February.

However, workers are very unhappy due to feedback from labour leaders in the state.

According to a civil servant in the state who requested not to be named for fear of being sacked, independent calculations by workers following the recent screening in the state showed that the wage bill of the state is N2.2 billion and they believe the governor should be able to conveniently pay the salaries owed.

So far, about N10 billion is believed to have been spent on salaries by the governor who has allegedly fixed N20 billion out of the bailout fund released by the federal government.

Governor Aregbesola was said to have told labour leaders that there was no way he would continue with the current wage bill. He reportedly gave them two options; either he carries out mass retrenchment or start deducting a particular percentage (15% is being proposed) from workers’ salary. Labour are negotiating with the governor on this and have advised workers that in the meantime, they should manage whatever they have as it is not certain any more salaries will be paid this year.

The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has promised to monitor how states that got bailed out by the FG spend the money. Workers in the state will be hoping this happens. Osun got N34.988 billion as bailout fund from the Federal government.

Continue Reading
3 Comments

3 Comments

  1. importExpert

    September 20, 2015 at 4:21 pm

    how will workers in such states survive?

  2. ojo

    September 27, 2015 at 1:18 am

    Let someone mention the name of a state in Nigeria that has fully paid worker and pensioners arrears, despite the bailout. All are taking time to clear the backlog. Aregbe is no exception.

  3. afolabi adegoke

    March 10, 2016 at 11:42 am

    let us pray 4 our country

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Published

on

Nigeria's Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Communications minister, Isa Pantami

Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has announced the loss of his 13-year-old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali.

The Minister took to his Twitter account on Monday night to announce this sad news.

Pantami stated that the funeral prayer for the deceased will be conducted in Abuja on Tuesday at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2.

Also Read: Gunmen Evict NIDCOM Staff From Office On Minister’s Order

The post by the minister announcing the incident reads; “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun! My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.

“Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer In sha Allah. May Allah forgive and be merciful to her.”

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Published

on

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Governor Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.

The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.

The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.

Also Read: Umahi Unhappy With PDP Because Atiku Picked Peter Obi – Wike

Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.

He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Published

on

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Bello Matawalle

Governor of Zamafara, Bello Matawalle has announced the release of 11 kidnapped victims.

According to reports, ten of the victims were male and a female from Bukkuyum Local Government Area.

Matawalle received the rescued kidnapped victims on Saturday night at the Government House in Gusau, the state capital.

The Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Muhammed Dauran revealed that the victims were released without paying a ransom.

Also Read: Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

He stated they were released as a result of the peace initiative and stakeholders meeting summoned by Governor Matawalle with all critical stakeholders from Bukkuyum Local Government Area on Thursday.

Governor Matawalle assured that his administration will not rest on its oars until total peace is achieved in all parts of the state.

 

Continue Reading

Trending