Bourbon Interoil – As international leader in marine services, “Bourbon” offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil& gas services delivered by 11 000 experienced and competent employees across 45 countries. By joining “Bourbon” you will be “Under the flag of excellence”.
Job Title: Chief Engineer – AHTS
Job Number: 150177
Contract: Fixed term contract under ENIM/ Rotations 42 day on)
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Chief Engineer is responsible of the reliable operation of the vessel’s engines, machinery and all other mechanical equipment:
- Responsible to the Master for the safe and efficient operation of all machinery.
- Committed to Safety and Company Procedures in all tasks , with a particular emphasis on EPI equipment, security materials, and through regular use of Risk Assessment ,JSA and TBT and any other precautions.
- Responsible to the Technical Superintendent at head office for the planned maintenance of all machinery and inventory of spare parts and of Dry Dock job list preparation, as per company regulations.
- Responsible to plan, organize and achieve all maintenance tasks using Task Assistant software program which shall be kept permanently updated .
- Responsible for the duties and training of the other engineering officers and ratings
- Recording running hours
- Complete monthly statements on lube oils and grease
- Complete monthly condition reports on vital equipment
- Samples analysis management
- Carry out engineer officer and ratings assessments
- Ensure that all anti-pollution precautions are undertaken whilst transferring or loading hydrocarbons
- Responsible to the Master for correctly filling in the Oil Record Book
- Supervise shore workers carrying out maintenance and/or repairs
- Ensure all machinery shut down alarms are kept in working condition at all times
- Ensure that the engine room logbook and company documentation is kept updated
- Keep the engine room department inventory up to date
Line reporting and functional linkage:
- This position will report directly to the Master.
Key Skills and Behavior:
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints in teh event of an emergency.
- Capability to maintain efficiently the engine room, to work under pressure and within time constraints in the event of an emergency
- Throurough knowledge of all on board maintenance tasks
- Analytical mind, ability to read hydraulic, mechanical and electric plans
- Efficient inventory and supply management skills
- Competences in people management at senior level
- Ability to communicate well as part of a small team, and work cooperatively with other colleagues, from multicultural backgrounds
- Proficient in any software associated with engineering.
- Reporting , team spirit, commitment, good communication skills
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word Outlook
- At least a two years experience as Chief Engineer
- COC for ships powered by main propulsion machinery of 3000 KW or more.
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Entertainment23 hours ago
Faithia Williams Condoles Iyabo Ojo Over Mother’s Death
- News Feed22 hours ago
Iyabo Ojo Finds Out Her Mum Lied About Her Age (Video)
- Entertainment24 hours ago
“It’s Different And Classy” – Cardi B Praises Erica’s Fashion Style
- Entertainment19 hours ago
Cossy Orjiakor Replies Fans Who Criticized Her For Wearing A Racy Outfit While Preaching About God
- News Feed22 hours ago
Anambra 2021: I Will Build 21 Universities If Elected Governor – Godwin Maduka
- News Feed22 hours ago
Denrele Edun Meets His ‘New Twin’, Says “Time To Start Questioning Our Parents”
- News Feed22 hours ago
Man Excited As His Boyfriend Asks For His Hand In Marriage (Photos)
- News Feed22 hours ago
You Want To Use Me And Boost Your Slow Career – Speed Darlington Slams Paul Okoye Over Outfit