At SIMS Nigeria Limited, we specialize in the distribution and sales of electronic products from major brands such as SAMSUNG, ROYAL, PARSUN and POWERMATIC.
Our business started out in 1987 and since then we have succeeded in carving a niche for ourselves in the home appliances market in Nigeria. We operate a number of branches that cut across most of Nigeria’s geopolitical zones; in major cities such as Lagos, Port Harcourt, Onitsha, Enugu, Kano and Abuja.
Our longstanding reputation has earned us a status as Nigeria’s lead player in the electronics industry and as a result, we decided to go further by partnering with SAMSUNG to establish a local manufacturing line for its air conditioners and refrigerators in 2004. This, coupled with our state-of-the-art service centre that caters to consumers who buy our products, ensures that our customers enjoy the best quality of service from us and the best performance possible from their electronics.
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for the direct management and handling of all warehousing and distribution functions at the company’s warehouse facilities. This includes accountability for inbound and outbound freight, as well as adherence to legislative, safety, and organizational policies and procedures. The Warehouse Manager will also provide effective logistics oversight through strong leadership and decision-making skills.
Reports To: Executive Director (Operations)
Supervises: CKD Warehouse Manager, Transport Logistics Manager, Assistant Warehouse Manager
M2 – M3
- Manage the receiving, shipping, handling, distribution, and storage of all freight, product and supplies that come in and out of the warehouses.
- Maintain standard receiving, warehousing and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing personnel and operational policies and procedures.
- Ensure all production orders are shipped to customers in a timely manner in adherence to delivery schedules.
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels in order to meet internal and external demand of product.
- Conduct periodic spot-checks of inventory levels of supplies/products, identify discrepancies if any and take necessary action.
- Plan warehouse layout and space requirements in order to prevent loss/theft or damage, and to achieve full warehouse optimization.
- Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties.
- Assess the need for, and recommend the purchase of moving equipment like trailers, forklifts e.t.c.
- Maintain appropriate and complete documentation of all products/goods in the CKD and finished goods warehouse.
- Responsible for managing third party logistics providers.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- % decrease in logistics/shipping cost (quarterly/annually).
- Optimal storage cost per item and inventory storage per square foot.
- Utilization efficiency levels of space, labour and equipments.
- Fulfillment – timely order fulfillment, percentage of order fulfillment vs non-fulfillment, accuracy of order fulfillment.
- Minimum of B.Sc. or equivalent in Business Administration or any other relevant discipline.
Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing, warehousing, supply chain management environment/role out of which 5 must have been at managerial level.
The ideal candidate should not be less than 35 years old.
Applications from locals and expatriates are accepted.
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS
- Strong business acumen and excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced Microsoft excel and office skills.
- Understanding of ERP systems and its integration with respect to supply/demand functions.
- Excellent planning and resource allocation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Results oriented
- Creativity & Innovation
- Cultural awareness
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Entertainment22 hours ago
Davido Celebrates Late Mom On Her Posthumous Birthday
- Entertainment22 hours ago
“Your Obsession With 2Face Will Be Your Death” – 2Face’s Brother Slams Blackface
- Entertainment23 hours ago
Blackface Drags Wizkid, Burna Boy For Stealing His Song
- National News21 hours ago
2020 Finance Bill Exempts Minimum Wage Earners From Tax: Buhari
- Entertainment5 hours ago
‘You Are A Disgrace’ – Actress Adesua Etomi Knocks Lauretta Onochie Over Her Tweet
- News Feed20 hours ago
“Marriage requirement is very high in Igboland” – Lady says her brother spent less than N50K on traditional marriage items to marry his wife from Benue
- National News22 hours ago
Court Remands Nigerian Senator, Ali Ndume, In Prison
- Entertainment24 hours ago
‘Nobody Is Fighting For Your Throne Because You’re The Queen’ – James brown Assures Bobrisky