Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many “firsts” in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
Responsible for overseeing all active Network operational activities in regional switch site, support in activation of new sites, and new active node integration. Ensure all related faults in the network are resolved within defined time frame, perform node backup and alarm monitoring. Perform basic routine maintenance and periodic health check on all active nodes. Ensure Network node availability.
Support in Network project Expansion and roaming activation. Perform basic switch configuration and roaming activation. Ensure weekly reporting of operational activities, outages and accomplished network improvement.
- Ability to prepare data transcript and execute core configuration command.
- Support in activation of new sites, and new node integration.
- Support in Acceptance test plan (ATP) for new nodes integration.
- Perform daily node backup and alarm monitoring
- Ensure availability of all active network nodes (Core, BSS, Transmission, MPBN, IN and VAS) and its interface links.
- Perform basic routine maintenance and periodic health check on all active nodes (Core, BSS, Transmission, MPBN, IN and VAS)
- Interface with NOC/2nd line support on escalated issues and ensure timely resolution.
- Support to resolve customer’s complaint.
- Support in analyzing fault and investigating root cause.
- Coordination of approved field Activities in your domain
- Support both Software and Hardware upgrade on Network Element.
- Perform weekly reporting of operational activities, outages, Backups alarms and accomplished network improvement.
- Supervise all third party node integration and maintenance activities within your domain
- Provide Emergency/Monthly/weekly network reports
- Collate weekly outages, alarm and backups
- Measure KPIs of Core Networks and report variance.
- Monitor Network node availability
- Ensure adherence to SLA where necessary to ensure Airtel interest is not jeopardize at all times
Desired Skills and Experience
Educational Qualifications and Functional / Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or HND in Engineering or any related applied science field.
- At least 4 years Core Networks Operational experience in GSM environment.
- Technical knowledge on Network Switching Systems, MPBN, SIGTRAN, SIP, Transmission, IN and VAS
- Basic troubleshooting skills on Network Elements.
- Experience in different network vendor area, such as Ericsson, Huawei, Tekelec etc.
- Good Team spirit.
- Action oriented.
- Attention to details.
- Personally motivated.
- Proactive spirit.
- Getting it right the first time.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
Vacancy for an Editor at Information Nigeria
nformation Nigeria a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers is looking to employ an experienced editor.
– Supervise and be responsible for all content created and published on the Information Nigeria website.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or a related field.
Pay package includes industry standard salary and bonuses when certain milestones are met.
* Please send a cover letter, CV and 3 samples of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for Editor Position’
* Application Deadline is: 23rd June 2019
- Metro News20 hours ago
Femi Otedola Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting
- Entertainment19 hours ago
‘We Need A Female President Now, More Than Ever’ – Actress Sylvia Oluchy
- Entertainment18 hours ago
Toke Makinwa Blasts Lagos Lawmaker For Saying He Wanted To Share Looted Palliatives On His Birthday
- Entertainment24 hours ago
Wizkid Spotted At His Babymama’s Birthday Party (Video)
- Entertainment23 hours ago
‘Being Bitter, Quarrelsome And Outrightly Foolish Does Not Make You A Feminist’ – Actress Queen Nwokoye
- National News20 hours ago
If Nigeria Doesn’t Restructure, It Will Break Up – Gani Adams
- Entertainment18 hours ago
‘Nigeria Should Be A YouTube Channel Or A Netflix Movie’ – BBNaija’s Kimoprah
- News Feed20 hours ago
Man leaves psychiatric hospital with stolen bed in Calabar (Video)