Connect with us

Metro News

Selective Trial: Buhari Needs To Convince Himself That He Is Morally And Politically Capable To Fight Corruption – Musa

Published

on

balarabe-musa1_200_160

Second Republic Governor of Kaduna State, Alhaji Balarabe Musa, yesterday, expressed doubt about the ability and sincerity of President Muhammadu Buhari to confront the endemic problem of corruption in Nigeria and put an end to it.

Musa, who spoke in an exclusive interview with Vanguard in his Kaduna home, said President Buhari had already lost the moral right to prosecute the anti-corruption war by restricting the probe of corrupt officials to those in former President Jonathan’s government.

According to him, Buhari had shot himself in the foot by deliberately limiting the war to Jonathan’s era, thereby making some highly corrupt persons to escape and carry on as saints.

Musa noted that while Buhari and Jonathan were not on the same page when it comes to leadership, Buhari must prove that he is not being surrounded by highly corrupt persons while looking out for those to be prosecuted for graft.

He said it was a tragedy to have made Jonathan the president of Nigeria given the fact that he neither had the experience nor the competence to rule Nigeria. “In the first place Jonathan should not have been the president of Nigeria because he lacks both the competence and the experience to run the country successfully. Nigeria is not a place to train on the job because unlike in America where there is a set standard in place, it is the leader who sets the standard in Nigeria.”

The former governor, however, blamed former President Olusegun Obasanjo for the emergence of Jonathan on the leadership saddle of Nigeria despite his leadership shortcomings. Musa said Buhari must prove that he has what it takes to move Nigeria a notch higher.

“We don’t dispute the fact that Jonathan should not have been made the president of Nigeria at the time he was brought in but the point remains that Buhari must also prove that he is the saint he has portrayed himself to be.

“But my fear is that there are so many corrupt persons around Buhari and in APC and PDP while he has deliberately decided to limit his probe of corrupt persons to only those who served under Jonathan. This is very sad and a clear evidence of selective trial of opponents.”

“I will advise Buhari to convince himself that he is morally and politically capable to undertake the responsibility of cleaning up Nigeria. I will ask him to constitute a government of national unity involving all the political parties in Nigeria in the task of rebuilding Nigeria,” Musa said.

Metro News

Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Published

on

Nigeria's Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Communications minister, Isa Pantami

Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has announced the loss of his 13-year-old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali.

The Minister took to his Twitter account on Monday night to announce this sad news.

Pantami stated that the funeral prayer for the deceased will be conducted in Abuja on Tuesday at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2.

Also Read: Gunmen Evict NIDCOM Staff From Office On Minister’s Order

The post by the minister announcing the incident reads; “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun! My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.

“Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer In sha Allah. May Allah forgive and be merciful to her.”

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Published

on

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Governor Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.

The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.

The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.

Also Read: Umahi Unhappy With PDP Because Atiku Picked Peter Obi – Wike

Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.

He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Published

on

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Bello Matawalle

Governor of Zamafara, Bello Matawalle has announced the release of 11 kidnapped victims.

According to reports, ten of the victims were male and a female from Bukkuyum Local Government Area.

Matawalle received the rescued kidnapped victims on Saturday night at the Government House in Gusau, the state capital.

The Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Muhammed Dauran revealed that the victims were released without paying a ransom.

Also Read: Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

He stated they were released as a result of the peace initiative and stakeholders meeting summoned by Governor Matawalle with all critical stakeholders from Bukkuyum Local Government Area on Thursday.

Governor Matawalle assured that his administration will not rest on its oars until total peace is achieved in all parts of the state.

 

Continue Reading

Trending