Last year Save the Children’s programmes and campaigns touched the lives of more than 125 million children around the world.
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in almost 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Across all of our work, we pursue several core values: accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity and integrity.
The Program Manager provides programmatic support to SPRING/Nigeria towards accomplishing its country goals, objectives and targets. The Program Manager works in close collaboration with the SPRING Chief of Party, Head of Nutrition SCI, Senior Nutrition Adviser SCI, SPRING Nutrition Coordinators, and other SPRING/Nigeria country program and administrative staff.
Key Areas of Accountability
- In consultation with the SPRING/Nigeria Chief of Party, Head of Nutrition, Senior Nutrition Advisor, and other technical staff, executes strong program management skills to ensure success of the SPRING/Nigeria nutrition project.
- Ensures project is meeting targets and objectives and that all deliverables produced and implementation activities in the field are of high quality. Utilizes projection tools and instructs the project how to stay on target; keeps the CoP, Head of Nutrition, and Senior Nutrition Advisor informed on project progress.
- Supported by the CoP and Head of Nutrition, assists with planning and monitoring of activities as per the donor approved annual work-plan.
- Supported by the HoN and Awards Manager, responsible for budget management of the SCI SPRING budget; this includes, expenditure or advances approvals, timely submission of forecasts, budget monitoring and analysis.
- Contributes to the development of programmatic resource materials, including guidelines, training manuals, curricula and job aids, as necessary.
- Works with the CoP, Head of Nutrition, and Senior Nutrition Advisor on SPRING/Nigeria as an advocate and partner in key project activities, including participation at key forums and meetings, as needed.
Capacity Building for Project Staff
- Coaches the SPRING technical team on planning, adherence to approved workplans and analysis of achievements related to plans
- Strengthens capacities of the SPRING technical team on financial planning and forecasting
- Support the M&E specialist and SPRING team on data collection and analysis.
Program Operations Support
- Provides timely reports, documents, proposals, and updates to the CoP, Head of Nutrition and other SPRING staff as requested.
- Works to collect nutrition success stories from the field and ensures information is shared across all stakeholders.
- Reviews and refines documents/outputs produced by SPRING/Nigeria staff and consultants.
- Attend SPRING/Nigeria programme meetings and keep Head of Nutrition, Program Manager, and Senior Nutrition Advisor up to date.
Staff Management & Development
- Supervises and supports 8 Nutrition Coordinators in the implementing states and follows up on state activities to ensure that implementation is going on as per approved annual and monthly workplans and timelines.
- Provide support to staff and promote learning based on the nutrition project objectives and activities through strong leadership, mentoring and coaching of the SPRING NCs.
- Ensure that staff responsibilities are clearly defined and understood by ensuring all staff have a detailed, updated JD as well as performance objectives set against work plans and regularly monitored.
- Ensure effective involvement of staff in running the project to take on ownership of the project through a, participatory approach to planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and decision-making.
- Ensure that appropriate staffing levels are in place and provide regular support, supervision and implementation of other staff management processes including staff performance management.
- With support from the Head of Nutrition and HR ensure that staff training requirements are identified and staff are given every opportunity to increase their competencies, capacities and own personal development.
Save the Children Representation and Proposal Development
- Represent SPRING and Save the Children with external partners as required.
- Support planning for each FY and workplan development according to the donor’s priorities and identified needs.
- Support proposal development, including budgets, for funding both to maintain and expand Save the Children’s work and influence within the nutrition sector.
- Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s child protection policies, comply strictly to security procedures and other staff policies.
Place of Work: The post will be based in Abuja, but will require approximately 50% time travelling in other States.
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- National News21 hours ago
Pretty Lady Who Recently Got Married Dies During Child Birth
- Entertainment7 hours ago
“Manipulative As Ever People” – Erica‘s Manager Drags Laycon Over Interview
- Entertainment7 hours ago
Mike Edwards’ Wife, Perri Shares Lovely Family Photo On Instagram
- News Feed21 hours ago
I miss my ex-husband, Blossom Chukwu — Maureen Esisi
- Entertainment10 hours ago
VIDEO: Weird Controversies Trail Wedding Ceremony Of Nigerian Actor, Williams Uchemba
- Entertainment7 hours ago
‘Life Is A Journey, Not A Competition’ – Crossdresser Jay Boogie Throws Shade At Bobrisky
- News Feed21 hours ago
Fans Of Yemi Alade Mocks Tiwa Savage For Not Making Grammy Awards Nominees
- National News22 hours ago
Court To Begin Nnamdi Kanu’s ‘Treason’ Trial In Absentia