Konga.com is Nigeria’s largest online marketplace. We launched in July 2012 and our mission is to become the engine of ecommerce and trade in Africa.
We serve an ever expanding customer base, offering products that span various categories including Phones, Computers, Clothing, Shoes, Home Appliances, Books, Healthcare, Baby Products, personal care and much more.
Our range of services are designed to ensure optimum levels of convenience and customer satisfaction. These services include our lowest price guarantee, free return policy*, order delivery-tracking, dedicated customer service support and many other premium services.
Konga.com goes beyond just making a name for itself as the foremost e-commerce platform in Nigeria. Konga chooses to empower Nigerians to sell their products to a wider audience. We give the local merchant nationwide reach and shipping services. Konga believes in a Nigeria where every small or large business owner is given an opportunity to succeed.
Konga is helping to provide that opportunity with the Konga Marketplace
Job Title: Procurement Manager
As a Procurement Manager you will be responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors. The successful candidate will be able to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
Reporting Line Head, Administration
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, lead and execute procurement strategies
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand.Evaluate risks and opportunities, and mitigate contractual risk to the client
- Support the project team to obtain client internal approvals, working with Legal department as appropriate
- Identify programs and/or procedures related to cost reduction, performance improvement, and optimizing terms & conditions
- Identify benchmarking criteria and performance metrics related to contractor and vendor deliverables
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Must be analytical, strategic and thoughtful with an ability to make recommendations and influence outcomes
- Relationship Management
- Ability to multi-task.
- Advanced in MS Office Suite
- Must be proficient in PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal skills to effectively communicate with project personnel, vendors, subcontractors, and other stakeholders Comprehensive knowledge of strategic sourcing best practices and commercial negotiations
- Broad procurement and project support services background
- Experience in handling Tenders and Contracts
Conversant with procurement processes
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or statistics from any reputable University
- 7 years’ relevant work experience in a related filed (procurement, supply chain, contracts, and/or materials management) with a minimum of 2-3 years in a team lead or manager role
- Certification in Purchasing Management (CPM) preferred