Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many “firsts” in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
This function is expected to act for technical, business and functional requirements in the area of core network. Be involved in network solution planning, design and implementation. To meet KPI’s and SLAs as defined to maintain quality network services. Ensure all task are performed under the preview of Standard Operational Processes. Ensure new services are launched as per marketing requirements and delivered on a timely basis.
Operation and Maintenance for CS core. Testing and implementation of new solution/Service/Feature.
- Perform day to day operations & management, fix alarms and resolve incidents, prepare daily health check status and report to team lead.
- Ensure all tasks are executed within defined process of TT Management, Change Management, Preventive Maintenance, Incident Management, Problem Management, Software update management, Security Management, Performance Management and New Node Acceptance.
- Execution of system expansions, NCP and take corrective action when needed.
- Provide technical support and problem analysis for operations team in case of critical situations.
- Follow up the implementation of deployment plans and highlight delay and apply corrective actions.
- Implement & integrate the new solution, Service & Feature.
- Follow up with the Suppliers/Vendors about any planned network changes e.g. upgrades, S/W packages etc. as well as any network problems.
- Ensure and maintain the CS core availability & KPIs with a defined target.
- Cooperate with other departments during new systems installation and acceptance tests CS Core and give the support in case of issues.
- Implement all BISP related tasks and perform duties within BISP framework.
- Execute patches and support update/upgrade process
- Perform ATP, UAT on services and nodes
- Resolution of customer complaints
- Provide Adhoc Business/Network report as required
- Design and optimization of interconnections with other systems (VAS, RAN, POIs etc.)
Detailed and Effective Documentation.
- Statistical report preparation and analysis; provide the requirements based on the analysis.
- Ensure all documentation are stored in Central location with Unique ID and Version, regularly updated pertaining to :
- Solution Design, HLD,LLD, Acceptance Docs, Roaming Database, Capacity & Utilizations
- NCP & Project Related document
- New Products
- N/W KPI & SLA
- Operational Docs &report: AOP, Change Management, Fault Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Software Management etc.
- Features & Licenses
- AMC, Support Documents
Scalability/ Interoperability / Marketing requirements and Performance Management
- Ensure all Vendor Network Equipment’s on the network can interoperate with one another without anomaly.
- Evaluate the received requirements to establish the new promotions related to VAS and plan the availability and accessibility according to IN capability
- Evaluate the received requirements from involved Technical Sections to evaluate the existing OSS capability and features and evaluate and plan the new developments.
- Cooperate with involved departments for new product or PCN go live
- Daily review and track network traffic, licenses, trends and various parameters to ensure the Network elements are operating as expected. Where required, take corrective action with input from TL and Group Planning team
- Ensure that the Vendor Customer Support and supplier vendors are engaged at all times to deliver high quality output expected first time right
- Maintain high Team Harmony and Engagement at all times with both internal and external teams and stakeholders
Educational Qualifications and Functional /Technical Skills
Bachelor/Masters of Telecommunication/Electronic Engineering degree/Computer Science
- Detailed working Telecommunications Knowledge
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- At least 6 -10 years CS Core network Operations and optimization experience (MSC, MSC-S, MGW, HLR, STP);
- Knowledge of 2G, 3G and LTE technologies architecture and standardsGood project management knowledge
- Experience in measuring and analyzing network KPI ‘key performance indicators’
- Personal Integrity and good interpersonal relationship
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Highly organized and good at implementation
- Time management skills with commitment to project timelines.
- Self-motivational skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good practical skills in troubleshooting and fault resolution for supporting operations teams as an escalation point
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Entertainment21 hours ago
Davido Celebrates Late Mom On Her Posthumous Birthday
- Entertainment21 hours ago
“Your Obsession With 2Face Will Be Your Death” – 2Face’s Brother Slams Blackface
- Entertainment22 hours ago
Blackface Drags Wizkid, Burna Boy For Stealing His Song
- National News20 hours ago
2020 Finance Bill Exempts Minimum Wage Earners From Tax: Buhari
- Entertainment5 hours ago
‘You Are A Disgrace’ – Actress Adesua Etomi Knocks Lauretta Onochie Over Her Tweet
- Entertainment23 hours ago
‘Nobody Is Fighting For Your Throne Because You’re The Queen’ – James brown Assures Bobrisky
- News Feed19 hours ago
“Marriage requirement is very high in Igboland” – Lady says her brother spent less than N50K on traditional marriage items to marry his wife from Benue
- News Feed19 hours ago
Man narrates horrible experience with a slay queen in Abuja restaurant