The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands. Led by Coca-Cola, the world’s most valuable brand, our Company’s portfolio features 15 billion dollar brands including Diet Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Coca-Cola Zero, vitaminwater, Powerade, Minute Maid, Simply, Georgia and Del Valle. Globally, we are the No. 1 provider of sparkling beverages, ready-to-drink coffees, and juices and juice drinks. Through the world’s largest beverage distribution system, consumers in more than 200 countries enjoy our beverages at a rate of 1.7 billion servings a day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, support active, healthy living, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. Together with our bottling partners, we rank among the world’s top 10 private employers with more than 700,000 system employees.
Job Title: HR Strategic Business Partner-CEWA
• The SBP is responsible for partnering with the business leaders, COE and GBS in building the BU capabilities for driving sustainable, profitable business growth. Through HR thought leadership, s/he is responsible for building a BU culture and operating environment that is conducive to attracting, developing and retaining – the “Best in Class” talent. In particular, s/he will actively input into the BU Business planning and Vision 2020 initiatives, and where applicable, Bottler Business planning processes to drive the strategic business agenda, underpinned by a diverse, productive and engaged system workforce.
• The SBP will also lead on the Talent Management and Organization Development agenda, and where applicable, including strategic HR support to Joint Ventures, Mergers and Acquisitions, in addition to partnering in building system alignment.
• The SBP will also be responsible for overseeing the BU Employee Relations, Workplace Accountability, Diversity, Employee Engagement and Women Talent development imperatives (as applicable).
1. Partners with the Business Unit leadership including Function Heads and COE to build strategies that will engage people in delivering the organization’s vision; plays an active role in engaging people on sustainable business growth and the commercial agenda; Recognizes and provides insights on business trends, barriers, risks and opportunities that may impact the business
2. Acts as coach and trusted business advisor to influence BU leaders and Function Leaders/team in the areas of leadership, organization effectiveness, leading change, organization architecture, building capability and the implications of short and long-term strategic decisions.
3. Stewards the company culture by recognizing, articulating and shaping the need for change; drives organizational norms and values, and integrates the culture into Associates’ ways of working.
4. Initiates and sustains continuous dialogue with leaders on change issues, and partners in exploring options for resolving the issues. Analyses the business and functions change capability, capacity and commitment, identify transformational change journey risks, and defines the risk strategy. Develops and implements change plans, managing the business readiness to change and the existing and new strategic and cultural issues. Monitors the execution of the business case for change against agreed metrics. Proactively “feels the pulse” of the organization and actively engages the leadership into action.
5. Partners with COE to drive integrated talent management, development, compensation, and performance management strategies to build internal and external talent pipelines, ensuring a sustainable bench of growing and ready now talent for key positions for the business unit.
6. Partners with COE to provide input into strategies and programs that allow the organization to attract and retain the best-in-class talent, and differentiate reward the high performers. Leads the execution of talent retention programmes in the BU.
7. Partners with GBS to ensure standard HR systems, processes, policies,
procedures, plans, and programs are in place and effectively utilized (compensation, employee relations, staffing, performance management, etc.). Establishes timely and appropriate Operating Agreements/SLAs with basic service providers (Shared Services, COEs). Applies and tracks key performance metrics through an established scorecard to ensure the effectiveness of service delivery and alignment to achieve business strategy and goals.
8. Partners with COE to develop and drive strategies/tactics for building a winning employer Brand that nurtures the company’s aspiration to becoming the Employer of Choice in our markets.
9. Collaborates with the Bottling Partners on system capability development, talent exchange programmes, labor issues and “Live Positively” initiatives
ORGANIZATION IMPACT/ INFLUENCE:
- Strategic business partner, leadership coach and trusted advisor to the business unit leaders and respective teams
- Member of BU HR leadership team – developing and leading deployment including key initiatives and team member on selected EAG projects
- Partners and collaborates with Centres of Expertise in the Group and Shared Services (triangle model) to create needs assessments, build strategies, leverage common work initiatives and obtain additional support to meet critical business needs and advance the people agenda
- Close interaction and problem-solving with HR Shared Services Centre
- Leads and/or participates in BU/ Group projects on and as required basis
- Focal point for Employee engagement, Talent Management, Diversity, Company values, and Women development initiatives
- Bottler Human Resources Directors
- Human Resources vendors and suppliers
- External HR network
- Local Community network including targeted Universities
- Other HR BP’s across industry
QUALIFICATIONS / COMPENTENCIES / SKILLS:
Proficiency in Core HR Skill Areas: HR Planning & forecasting, Talent acquisition and development, OD & Change, Reward Management, Employee Relations,
Sound understanding of Local labour/employment laws,
Proficiency in Organization Effectiveness Practice Areas: Integrated Talent Strategies Development/Implementation, Change Planning/Management, Capability Development, Human Capital Management, Organization Design, Performance Management/Culture Change, and Team Effectiveness
Proficiency in consulting, coaching, strategic solution development, facilitation and design, influencing skills.
Excellent communication skills
Knowledge of General Administration and Basic Financial Analysis (budgeting)
DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation)
COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others’ development to achieve full potential
Minimum of 5 years of experience as an HR generalist working with senior leadership teams and with in-depth exposure to one or two HR specialist areas.
Project management experience and skills.