Connect with us

Metro News

We Recovered Items From Ex-NSA’s Residence Capable Of Disrupting The Peace Of Any City In Nigeria – DSS

Published

on

NEW SSS DIRECTOR-GENERAL, LAWAN DAURA

NEW SSS DIRECTOR-GENERAL, LAWAN DAURA

One of the trending news last week after the sack of Security Chiefs was the invasion of the residences of the former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.) by operatives of the Department for State Services from Thursday evening to Friday evening (24 hours).
While the former NSA later claimed the action of the DSS was a mere witch-hunt and part of a larger plot to rope him in some phantom charges, the security agency on Saturday night accused Mr. Dasuki of felony, corruption, misuse of power and possession of destructive weapons.
According to the DSS, seven high caliber rifles (assault weapons), several magazines, military related gears and 12 new vehicles, which included five bullet proof cars, were recovered from Dasuki’s home.
The Service said the items recovered from the former NSA were capable of disrupting the peace of any city in the country.
In a statement signed by an official of the DSS, Tony Opuiyo, the Nigerian secret police said the ex-NSA was economical with the truth in his account to a national newspaper of what transpired in his house.
The DSS in the statement, justified its actions saying it had “credible intelligence linking Dasuki with alleged plans to commit treasonable felony against the Nigerian State”.
Opuiyo said, “DSS conducted a search on the properties belonging to the former NSA. The properties are on Nos. 13, John Khadya Street, Nos. 46, Nelson Mandela Street, both at Asokoro, Abuja, and Nos. 3 Sabon Birni Road, Gwiwa Area, Sokoto, Sokoto State.
“The search operations were planned to be simultaneously conducted, but Dasuki refused the operatives entry into his main residence located at No. 13 John Khadya Street, Asokoro, despite being presented with a genuine and duly signed search warrant. Consequently, what was to last not more than two hours, lasted more than 10 hours, up till the early hours of July 17.
“If not for the sense of maturity and professionalism of the officers and men assigned this task and the very good understanding and timely intervention of the new Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai (Maj Gen), there would have been a clash between the Army operatives guarding the house and service operatives, as Dasuki directed the soldiers on duty not to allow any movement into his house, despite the subsisting court order”.
Opuiyo further said Dasuki, thereafter, raised the alarm to the military authorities to come to his aid.
The DSS also accused Dasuki of using military guards despite his removal as NSA over 48 hours before the invasion of his residences in Abuja and Sokoto.
Opuiyo stated, “He retired from the Army as a colonel, and therefore, not entitled to have military guards, if not for the fact that he was NSA. Even as NSA, such guards should have been withdrawn after his removal as NSA since he would not have been entitled.
“Twelve exotic vehicles were retrieved from Dasuki’s residence having failed to produce evidence of ownership. For instance, what could he be doing with five bullet proof cars as a retired NSA? These cars, which from all available evidence, were purchased with tax payers’ money were being kept for possible sinister enterprise”.
The security agency added that the search operation was not a witch hunt as alleged but that it decided to move in line with President Muhammadu Buhari’s resolve to be proactive and pre-empt individuals with penchant for impunity and lawlessness from taking the nation back to the dark days.
It further said the lethal arms and vehicles recovered were not reflected in the former NSA’s handover notes.
“What could a former NSA be doing with destructive weapons and bullet proof cars which put together could disrupt the peace of any city in Nigeria for a while?
“On the search of his three properties, including the Sokoto residence, the Service is aware that in his capacity and given his antecedents, he might decide to use any of his residences for such diabolical plans, rather than his main residence”, Opuiyo added.
The service vowed that it would use all constitutional means to deal decisively with those that are bent on breaking the rules governing Nigeria’s peaceful co-existence due to either the huge ill-gotten wealth they have acquired or imaginary hold they think they have on the nation’s survival.

Continue Reading
6 Comments

6 Comments

  1. Bala Idris

    July 19, 2015 at 10:20 am

    Gud job,he shall be jail pls.

  2. otuoze j

    July 19, 2015 at 11:45 am

    His one of the anti progress of Nigerian, they should question him well maybe he will have more to about the insurgency in Nigeria.

  3. governor

    July 19, 2015 at 11:55 am

    They should tread with caution.

  4. bonny

    July 19, 2015 at 1:03 pm

    Good work ,more investigation pls.

  5. ime

    July 19, 2015 at 3:46 pm

    what were they really looking for and why did they have to wait till now.
    nigerians are not convince …. just to give a dog a bad name and then hang it.
    good work sss and i hope the hunt will not be limited to agents of former government. and i the the nationa security adviser has the right to keep himself protected against people or groups he helped the govt to uproot after being out of service. is this how we can reward the man?
    buhary should not use fake arrsts and trumped up charges to cover up the larger issues of boko haram. so what is happening to boko haram, if i may ask has he forgotten about boko haram?

  6. kaizer waribo uranta

    July 19, 2015 at 5:24 pm

    He is part of the people sponsoring Boko haram so let face the full wrought of the law and he should not be speared.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Gunmen Abduct Wife Of Akeredolu’s Chief Of Staff

Published

on

 Gunmen Abduct Wife Of Akeredolu’s Chief Of Staff

Ondo on map

Kidnappers on Friday abducted the wife of Olugbenga Ale, Chief of Staff to Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu.

According to reports, she was kidnapped around Owena after the Joseph Ayo Babalola University while on her way back to Ondo from Lagos State.

Also Read: Unknown Gunmen Kill Ondo Traditional Ruler, Olufon Of Ifon

The police spokesman in the state, ASP Tee-Leo Ikoro, confirmed the news to Channels Television on Friday.

This development is coming about twenty-four hours after a first-class traditional ruler in Ondo State, the Olufon of Ifon in Ose local government, Oba Isreal Adeusi, was murdered by suspected kidnappers.

 

Continue Reading

Tech News

TECNO Stormed Computer Village with BBNaija’s OZO to Wrap up its Black Friday Sales Activities

Published

on

The month of November is always known for its intense sales activities because the best deals of the year come
during the Black Friday Period. For TECNO, Africa Number One mobile brand, it was the time to reward its
customers with massive discounts and various gift items while also unveiling some of its new devices.

The brand in collaboration with SLOT stormed computer village as part of the events to wrap up its black Friday
sale activities, hosted BBNaija’s Ozoemena Chukwu to a hangout at SLOT Ikeja.

Fans and customers had a fun time interacting with the handsome celebrity while enjoying discount offers on
TECNO devices. Different deals and gift items were up for grabs as customers who made purchases at the store
enjoyed 50% discounts on Spark 5, Camon 16 Series and 100% cashback on the Spark 5 Pro.

The major highlight of the event was the presentation prizes to lucky winners. Customers who participated in
the spin the wheel game won gifts items such as Bluetooth Speaker; Power Bank and kettle while those who
participated in the Scratch and Win Promo won for themselves different deals ranging from 50% to 100%
cashback.

TECNO also introduced two latest devices-the Spark GO 2020-powered by Google Android 10 Go Edition and a
TECNO POVA. POVA means ‘Powering Optimal Value and Ambitions’ is a rebrand of the popular battery series
formerly known as Pouvoir was inspired by the zeal to deliver budget-friendly smartphones with superior
gaming experience.

The first of its kind 6.8-inch TECNO POVA, is powered by Mediatek Helio G80 octa-core processor and hyper-
engine game technology that transforms gameplay experience giving ultimate stability and a high refresh rate.
Additionally, users will benefit from the “Game Space,” “Game Mode,” and “Game Assistant 2.0” features,
allowing them to switch to the “do not disturb” function, a much-anticipated experience all gamers will
absolutely enjoy.

The TECNO POVA is also equipped with a power-packed multitasking effect ramped up by 6GB RAM and 128GB
of internal memory. The device also has a 6000mAh super big battery, 18W Dual IC Flash charger, a standby
time of 30 days and the ability to play music for 8 days straight, on just a single charge. It’s the perfect
smartphone offering a way to worry less about low battery.

The new devices are available for purchase this November and for the rest of November, customers will enjoy
amazing discounts, instant and mega prizes on TECNO devices.

Continue Reading

Metro News

BREAKING: Court Jails Rep Member For Lying

Published

on

BREAKING: Court Jails Rep Member For Lying

Court

A member of the House of Representatives, Victor Mela has been sentenced to one-month imprisonment by a Magistrate Court in Wuse, Zone 6.

The lawmaker who represents Billiri/Balanga federal constituency was, however, given an option of fine.

Also Read: North Is The Worst Place To Live In Nigeria -Sultan of Sokoto

Recall that on November 10 that a magistrate court found the lawmaker guilty of lying under oath while filling the CD001 INEC form prior to the 2019 elections.

The magistrate had, however, set a different date for sentencing of the lawmaker after his lawyer pleaded for leniency.

Mr Mela swore to an affidavit thrice, denying citizenship of another country whereas he has a British passport.

 

Continue Reading

Trending