Connect with us

Metro News

Public Complaints Commission Seeks Obasanjo’s Assistance In Renovating Ogun Office

Published

on

OBJFormer President Olusegun Obasanjo on Tuesday said he had no regrets establishing the Federal Public Complaints Commission (FPCC) when he was the military head of state between 1976 and 1979.

Mr. Obasanjo said this when Oluyemisi Somorin-Dawodu, the Commissioner, Public Complaints Commission, in Ogun State, paid him a courtesy visit at his residence in Abeokuta.

The FPCC was established by Decree 31 of 1975 of the Supreme Military Council (SMC) when Mr. Obasanjo was the head of state.

It has since metamorphosed into the Public Complaints Commission (PCC). Mr. Obasanjo said the commission was established to create a platform through which ordinary people in the society could be defended and secure justice.

The former president, who said the commission was still relevant, noted that the objective for which the body was established was being met.

“As I listen to the radio and hear the less-privileged talk about the relief and justice they got through the assistance of the commission, then I have no regrets ever establishing the body.

“Although, I cannot say that the need we saw then has completely disappeared, but there have been testimonies of cases where the commission has come to the rescue of the helpless”, he said.

Mr. Obasanjo said he would continue to provide necessary support to complement government’s efforts to enhance the operations of the commission. Earlier in her remarks, Mrs. Somorin-Dawodu solicited Mr. Obasanjo’s assistance with the renovation of the commission’s roofless office in Otta.
She also solicited for assistance with the commission’s bid to establish an area office in Abeokuta North Local Government Area for more effective operations.

The commissioner, who later addressed journalists, said the commission had concluded over 25 out of the 100 complaints it received since she assumed headship of the body in April. She said the operations of the commission were being hampered by paucity of funds.

(NAN)

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Dorcas G.

    July 15, 2015 at 1:43 pm

    why is the world’s situation becoming unpleasant everyday? i want to say its high time we talk to God the creator of the univers to please rescue by coming to our aid this time!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” – Brother Claims

Published

on

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” - Brother Claims
Oke

Oke

Information Nigeria recalls a graphics designer identified as Oke, was killed hours after tweeting “Nigeria will not kill me” on Wednesday.

It was reported that the young man had passed away after he was hit by a stray bullet.

The deceased’s younger brother, Daniel has come out to clear the air regarding the circumstances leading to his death.

Daniel revealed his brother was stabbed on the neck by thugs who infiltrated and ransacked their home.

In his words;

Good day, My name is Obi-Enadhuze Daniel younger brother of the now deceased Okechukwu Obi-Enadhuze @O_Okee . I, my brother and mother lived at makinde police barracks, mafoluku, Oshodi, Lagos State.

Today at about 11 o’clock in the morning the police station at makinde was attacked by thugs who wanted to destroy the station, I my mom and brother were holed up in our house.

 The attack went on for hours before the thugs eventually breached the police and proceeded to set the station on fire, after accomplishing this they set their sights to the barracks and began the assault, they proceeded to destroy every car in the barracks, my mom’s 2 cars where destroyed and set on fire and then they infiltrated our house by breaking the door they then proceeded to ransack the house and carted away with everything we own. 

 my brother on trying to get them to take everything but spare us was pushed to my mom’s room and stabbed on the neck, the attacker then proceeded to attack me but missed my neck but got my chin instead, after this my mom and I carried my brothers body to the entrance of the station soliciting for help from the thugs still ravaging the barracks, we were finally able to put him in a wheelbarrow and took him to a hospital where he was rejected because “he was already dead” unfazed we moved him to another hospital where he met the same treatment this was where he bled his last drops of blood and died, his body has now been moved to a morgue

we have lost every single thing we own, as our house was completely ransacked and set on fire the only thing left is my brothers phone and at about 8 o’clock this evening the barracks was still on fire but Okechukwu has paid with the ultimate price

I and my mother are homeless with nothing now but we’re safe for now, we thank everyone that has been able to reach out to us, and were able to share consoling words with us in these trying times, God bless you

While we were holed up in the house the three of us said these words together and we say it again ” THREE OF US ARE HERE, THREE OF US ARE TOGETHER, THREE OF US ARE SAFE”

Let it be known that my brother @O_Okee  was NOT killed by a police bullet but died a hero protecting my mother and I.

If you see this please retweet, let the world know how Okechukwu died. He was NOT killed by a police bullet but thugs in his home!”

Read Also: RIP Oke: Barely 3hours After Tweeting “Nigeria Will Not End Me” #EndSARS Protester Dies From Gunshot

See his post below:

Continue Reading

Metro News

Youths Burn Down Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Published

on

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)Lagos youths have set the family house of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on fire.

This was after the Governor said that no nobody was killed during the shooting by soldiers at Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Sanwo-Olu had debunked claims that the soldiers opened fire and killed some peaceful protesters.

Recall that men of the Nigerian Army reportedly opened fire on protesters following the declaration of 24 hours curfew by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwolu.

Bullets fired by security operatives hit some persons and at least two persons have been confirmed killed by the police and many injured

Voices in viral footage blamed the shootings on soldiers.

However, the angry youth attacked several important places such as Nigeria Port Authority, TVC News, and the family house of the Governor where his mother resides.

Continue Reading

Metro News

#LekkiMassacre: Hoodlums Storm TVC Station In Lagos; Set Properties On Fire (Video)

Published

on

#LekkiMassacre: Hoodlums Storm TVC Station In Lagos; Set Properties On Fire (Video)
Properties in the conpound on fire

Properties in the compound on fire

Hoodlums have reportedly invaded the headquarters of popular news station, TVC, believed to be owned by National Leader of APC, Bola Tinubu.

According to reports, the staff of the news station are being trapped in the building located in Lagos.

Videos circulating online shows that properties in the compound have also been set ablaze.

The news station is currently off air and this comes hours after Nigerians accused the Lagos politician of having a hand in the #LekkiMassacre.

Information Nigeria recalls security agents had opened fire at peaceful #EndSARS protesters at Lekki Tollgate on Tuesday.

In a video circulating online, the anchors of one of the shows, ‘Your View’ were heard saying that there were hoodlums at their gate trying to break into the premises.

Read Also: #EndSARS: Nigerian Army Denies Shooting At Protesters In Lekki

Watch the video clips below:

Continue Reading

Trending