Metro News

Nigeria Is Better Off With Igbos – Gowon

Late Mrs Chinyere Asika

Late Mrs Chinyere Asika

Former military Head of State Gen Yakubu Gowon, who led Nigeria through three years of civil war, says “Nigeria is better off with Igbos.”

Gowon said this delivering an oration at the burial service for Chief (Mrs.) Chinyere Asika, wife of the former Sole Administrator of East Central State.

He spoke in deep appreciation of the commitment and sacrifice of the deceased and her husband, Ajie Ukpabi Asika, to the survival of Nigeria as one entity. The former Head of State recalled that when he proposed the post of Sole Administrator of East Central State, Asika told me, “I prefer to do this for the good of Igbo people.”

“I was struggling to get an administrator for the newly created East Central State when the name of the late Ukpabi Asika came up. He was then a lecturer at Ibadan. When we met, I did not know which one of us was younger. But he exuded strength of character and understanding, and wanted to start work immediately. I cautioned him to think about it. I told him, `you must consult your brothers, and your wife to know if you would accept’. I came away convinced that this was the man I needed.

“I did not know how to place his wife, Chinyere, but when she arrived from Kenya, she plunged head-on into the idea. She was a courageous woman, caring and humble. I remember her efforts in “Otu Olu Obodo”- a public service initiative which she used as a tool of empowerment for her Igbo kinsmen and women,” Gowon said.

Also eulogizing the departed soul, Governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano, described her as a woman who exemplified the virtue of patience, charity and humility.

He told the children and the Asika family to imbibe the virtues of patience, charity and humility from Mrs Asika, while urging the congregation and Ndi Anambra to remember “her good deeds and pray for the repose of her soul.”

The service which took place at the All Saints Anglican Cathedral, Onitsha, Anambra State, was attended by many prominent Nigerians.

1. jude

July 26, 2015 at 11:54 am

No amount of fence-mending moves can Gowon use to heal the wound of Nigeria-Biafran war.Igbos will never forgive Gowon,T.Y.Danjuma,Awolowo,Fashola and the rest forever.I wish all of them to die like Awo.Gowon should stop toying with the Igbos in the name of fake christianity he is practising.

2. Aminu

July 26, 2015 at 3:19 pm

@Jude Who cares if they forgive or not? Biafra has always and will always be a dream which can never become true. If u baby factory products r tired of living in Nigeria, ur free to migrate to Cameroon or Benin, u nasty tribe, but our borders remain sacrosanct. Fools. Ibo my aas.

• james Emmanuel

July 26, 2015 at 10:34 pm

God punish you for saying igbo fool,na ur mama papa general is fool infect you will die soon idiot.

3. GOC tochukwu

July 26, 2015 at 3:39 pm

Aminu you are the most idiotic lunatic fool i have ever seen, why is it that at any mention of biafra you northerners will start lamenting, ranting, grumbling, rumbling and fumbling, must you and i remain brothers?, you know very well the hausa’s never for one day like igbos likewise igbos never for one day like you guys and that also apply to yoruba side of aspect. You don’t like and i don’t like so the best option is for us to go our different ways and stop mumbling.

• james Emmanuel

July 26, 2015 at 10:37 pm

good comment

4. ejiofor

July 26, 2015 at 5:12 pm

What do you expect from the parasites who feed on their host, they rant and cry for one Nigeria because they don’t have means of living than to feed on others who have the brain to work and invate.

5. mallam Tee

July 26, 2015 at 6:16 pm

The alhaji takalami called aminu is pathologically daft and ll ever remain maigad who drinks pito. Wht do u xpect frm bokoman. The wages of civil war is boko haram.

6. John

July 26, 2015 at 6:58 pm

I believe no tribe or religion can split Nigeria.If it has been written by God that Nigeria will not split,I do not think any past issue or sentiment can divide the Nigeria.

7. thermidor

July 26, 2015 at 9:10 pm

we should learn to live together and build a great nation.With gowon,s confession it may become neccessary to apologize to igbos for what happened in the past to hasten the path of reconciliation.They also need to be integrated and not marginalized and degraded

8. Dan bobo

July 26, 2015 at 11:02 pm

what was happened in the past to igbos’i like to happening again to them but because of one nice man i dont want that to repeated itself à gain?

Metro News

Femi Otedola Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting

Femi Otedola Finally Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting
Femi Otedola

Femi Otedola

Nigerian businessman, Femi Otedola has finally reacted to the shooting that took place at Lekki Tollgate, Lagos on Tuesday.

Information Nigeria recalls men dressed in military wears opened fire on unarmed #EndSARS protesters, who convened at the area.

Otedola took to his Instagram page on Sunday to commiserate with the families of those who lost their lives in the unfortunate incident.

Sharing a photo of the Nigerian flag, he wrote;

“The horrors that have been unfolding in our country have left me filled with sadness. I deeply commiserate with those who have lost their loved ones and as a father, I share the sentiment of my three daughters who protested in Lagos and London. As a young boy of 16, I participated in the ‘Ali Must Go Protest’ of 1978, so I understand the determination of our youths who rightly want our country to be better. We must all do our part to make Nigeria great! I will continue to do my own quota in providing for those who are most in need of support in our country in these tough times .…F.Ote💲”

Read Also: Femi Otedola Spotted Dancing With His Children (Video)

Otedola’s post

Otedola’s post

Metro News

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” – Brother Claims

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” - Brother Claims
Oke

Oke

Information Nigeria recalls a graphics designer identified as Oke, was killed hours after tweeting “Nigeria will not kill me” on Wednesday.

It was reported that the young man had passed away after he was hit by a stray bullet.

The deceased’s younger brother, Daniel has come out to clear the air regarding the circumstances leading to his death.

Daniel revealed his brother was stabbed on the neck by thugs who infiltrated and ransacked their home.

In his words;

Good day, My name is Obi-Enadhuze Daniel younger brother of the now deceased Okechukwu Obi-Enadhuze @O_Okee . I, my brother and mother lived at makinde police barracks, mafoluku, Oshodi, Lagos State.

Today at about 11 o’clock in the morning the police station at makinde was attacked by thugs who wanted to destroy the station, I my mom and brother were holed up in our house.

The attack went on for hours before the thugs eventually breached the police and proceeded to set the station on fire, after accomplishing this they set their sights to the barracks and began the assault, they proceeded to destroy every car in the barracks, my mom’s 2 cars where destroyed and set on fire and then they infiltrated our house by breaking the door they then proceeded to ransack the house and carted away with everything we own.

my brother on trying to get them to take everything but spare us was pushed to my mom’s room and stabbed on the neck, the attacker then proceeded to attack me but missed my neck but got my chin instead, after this my mom and I carried my brothers body to the entrance of the station soliciting for help from the thugs still ravaging the barracks, we were finally able to put him in a wheelbarrow and took him to a hospital where he was rejected because “he was already dead” unfazed we moved him to another hospital where he met the same treatment this was where he bled his last drops of blood and died, his body has now been moved to a morgue

we have lost every single thing we own, as our house was completely ransacked and set on fire the only thing left is my brothers phone and at about 8 o’clock this evening the barracks was still on fire but Okechukwu has paid with the ultimate price

I and my mother are homeless with nothing now but we’re safe for now, we thank everyone that has been able to reach out to us, and were able to share consoling words with us in these trying times, God bless you

While we were holed up in the house the three of us said these words together and we say it again ” THREE OF US ARE HERE, THREE OF US ARE TOGETHER, THREE OF US ARE SAFE”

Let it be known that my brother @O_Okee  was NOT killed by a police bullet but died a hero protecting my mother and I.

If you see this please retweet, let the world know how Okechukwu died. He was NOT killed by a police bullet but thugs in his home!”

Read Also: RIP Oke: Barely 3hours After Tweeting “Nigeria Will Not End Me” #EndSARS Protester Dies From Gunshot

Metro News

Youths Burn Down Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)Lagos youths have set the family house of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on fire.

This was after the Governor said that no nobody was killed during the shooting by soldiers at Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Sanwo-Olu had debunked claims that the soldiers opened fire and killed some peaceful protesters.

Recall that men of the Nigerian Army reportedly opened fire on protesters following the declaration of 24 hours curfew by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwolu.

Bullets fired by security operatives hit some persons and at least two persons have been confirmed killed by the police and many injured

Voices in viral footage blamed the shootings on soldiers.

However, the angry youth attacked several important places such as Nigeria Port Authority, TVC News, and the family house of the Governor where his mother resides.