Behold, ten reasons why marrying a geek is the best decision you would ever make:
1. You get a personal techie for life.
Let’s get the most obvious feature of coupling up with a computer wiz out of the way—you never have to feel outsmarted by a tech gadget ever again. In fact, your nerdy hubby might even revel in the moments that he gets to demonstrate his technical prowess for you! An added bonus—you can use said knowledge as a bartering tool. Faucet broke? No problem! Uncle Jim the plumber can come over and fix it for a couple hours’ worth of computer debugging. Problem solved.
2. Geeks are very passionate about stuff—lots of it.
Whether he’s into video gaming, role playing, or building new computers from scratch—your geeky husband has interesting hobbies of his own. This works out great because now you have extra time on Tuesday nights for a Netflix marathon or a night out with the girls while your man runs his weekly DnD session. The best part—he doesn’t expect you to be interested in his hobbies, and doesn’t feel the need to explain them to you either (Honestly, who can say that about Monday night football?).
3. They’re creative!
Geeky men are incredibly creative. They spend hours thinking up alternate universes with detailed character names and descriptions for role playing games, and some of them even design and build original video games and computer programs. You can bet that your Christmas gift isn’t going to be some lame infomercial product or random gift certificate at the mall. House hunting with your geeky hubby? Not to worry—he’ll be able to see some potential in that run down Cape you can barely afford.
4. AND extremely thoughtful.
Speaking of gifts and holidays—your man will never forget them! He can give you an accurate figure of how long you’ve been dating, engaged or married right down to the day. Your husband will also check the ratings and reviews on almost every product that he buys (hello Amazon!), only selecting the best for you.
5. Not to mention successful!
It’s no surprise that most geeks have impressive career goals and positive job outlooks. Now, I’m not advocating that you move to Silicon Valley and marry the first web developer you can find, but there is something to be said for financial stability in a life partner, and it shouldn’t be overlooked.
6. Geeks are loyal by nature.
They are loyal to their chosen geekdom, and most importantly—loyal to you. (Ever been lucky enough to witness a debate over which operating system is better, or who played the best Doctor? You’ll catch my drift here.) It goes without saying that loyalty is imperative to a healthy marriage.
7. They’re also low maintenance.
Most geeky men could care less if you have designer shoes, and unfortunately if that’s your thing,they probably couldn’t identify them either. Your nerdy hubby is likely to prefer you fresh-faced and in your comfiest clothes. They’re also very appreciative of small gestures like homemade cards (bonus points if you incorporate a nerdy pun like “you auto-complete me!”) and baked goods. But really, what man doesn’t love a delicious baked good?
8. They make the BEST trivia teammates!
All that random knowledge can be put to the test at a weekly trivia night! Doubling as a date night or fun on the town with some friends, this gives both of you a chance to de-stress and have a good time!
9. They have genuinely nice friends.
Forget overgrown frat boys and sports obsessed meatheads, you are likely to inherit a couple of sweet and sensitive nerdy guy friends when you marry one of their clan. I can honestly say that my husband’s friends are also my best friends—one of them was even the JP at our wedding!
10. And a great sense of humor.
Geeks have the best sense of humor. Because they’re so smart wit comes naturally to them, however they’re not a pretentious bunch. My husband laughs harder at my bad puns more than anyone I know (which is obviously a key factor in the longevity of our marriage). He can also keep up with my lightning-fast banter, which would likely fall on deaf ears and confused faces were he an aforementioned meathead.
The best part about marrying a geek is that they come in all different packages, all of which have something wonderfully unique and understated to offer. If you accept their quirks and support their passions they are more than willing to do the same for you. Besides, we all have a little geek in us—whether you’re into knitting, climbing all the 4,000 footers, or fantasy football—I bet you’ve got something you “fan girl” over every now and then. So give the geeky guy a chance!
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment24 hours ago
Actress Lota Chukwu Celebrates Birthday With New Photos
- Entertainment24 hours ago
BBNaija’s Khafi Issues Stern Warning To ‘Womb Watchers’
- Entertainment24 hours ago
Actress Eniola Badmus Shows Off Her Trimmer Figure In New Bikini Photo
- Entertainment6 hours ago
Actress Nkechi Blessing Hospitalized; Says ‘There’s Thin Line Between Life, Death’
- Entertainment24 hours ago
‘My Chef Of 5 Years Just Built His House’ – Toke Makinwa
- Entertainment24 hours ago
Kizz Daniel To Perform Live In Sierra Leone, Gambia In January
- News Feed21 hours ago
“Call me evil names, idolator, juju worshipper, God is the final judge of all our actions” – Nigerian man who publicly denounced Christianity says
- Entertainment7 hours ago
Singer L.A.X Acquires Mansion In Lagos (Photo)