There are thousands of questions you should consider before entering into a marriage, but to help you out, I’ve narrowed it down to a few of the most important ones. This is a checklist of seven questions I believe every person should ask before walking down the isle.
1. Do I like this person?
I know that this seems like a redundant question, but it’s really not. I talk to many couples who say that they “love” each other, but when you get past all those romantic feelings, there’s no friendship at the core of the relationship. Marry somebody that you love to hang out with. Without a strong friendship, I believe a marriage is destined for failure. Don’t just marry somebody you love…marry somebody you like!
2. Am I attracted to more than their looks?
Physical attraction is definitely important, but looks are going to change. That hot girl or guy you’re staring at now is going to look a whole lot different in 40 years! You need to make sure you’re drawn to who that person is, not just how that person looks.
3. Do I want this person to be the father or mother of my kids?
Before you get married, you need to ask more than “Do I want my kids to look like this person?” You need to ask “Do I want my kids to BE like this person?”
4. Can I be myself around this person?
This is huge. If you feel like you have to be somebody else around your potential spouse, don’t get married! There’s nothing more exhausting than pretending to be someone or something you’re not for somebody else’s approval. Your spouse should bring out the best parts of who you are but never try to change who you are.
5. Does this person strengthen my faith?
As a Christian, I believe God’s design for marriage is that a husband and wife come together with Christ in the Center. Without Him at the foundation, the marriage will eventually crumble. Marry someone who not only shares your faith but also strengthens your faith. Your spouse should bring you closer to Jesus, not drag you farther away.
6. Do the people who love me the most think we’re a good match?
If your family and friends who love you the most don’t think you’re good for each other, then please look past your feelings and weigh carefully if you’re marrying the right person. You need a spouse who is going to strengthen your family bonds, not put a huge strain on them. If your family loves your fiancee, that’s a great sign! If they don’t, seriously consider your next step.
7. Can I stay committed to this person No Matter What?
We live in a world where people like to quit anything the moment it gets difficult. The core of your marriage isn’t feelings which change…it’s commitment which never changes. When you say “I do” what you’re really saying is “I Will.” I will be here for you and with you through life’s ups and downs.
If you can find someone who stands up to these questions and you can do the same for them, then I believe that you’re on your way to “Happily Ever After!” Pray hard, plan well and say “I Do” with confidence and joy!
This article was originally published on Patheos
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- National News23 hours ago
Gowon Describes UK MP’s Fraud Allegations As False
- National News23 hours ago
Gowon: AfDB President Adesina Warns Against Misinformation
- Entertainment7 hours ago
Singer Jennifer Lopez Goes Nude On New Cover Art
- Politics20 hours ago
Injustice Made Me To Dump PDP For APC – Senator Abbo
- National News20 hours ago
Buhari Will Set Nigeria On Fire If He Doesn’t Implement People’s Demands —Wike
- National News23 hours ago
Former Lawmaker, Shehu Sani Accuses FG Of Using Huge Loans To Buy Substandard Chinese Railway Locomotives
- Entertainment3 hours ago
Wizkid Calls Out British Rapper, Tinie Tempah And His Manager Over Unpaid Debts
- Entertainment7 hours ago
South African Rapper, Cassper Nyovest Lauds Wizkid’s ‘Made In Lagos’ Album