Take a look at the list of warning signs below and see if you are one of the 75%. Maybe you should even drink a glass of water while you read it.
Signs That You Are Not Drinking Enough H2O
Thirst – if your mouth is dry and you feel thirsty, you are already dehydrated.
Dry skin – this is one of the earliest signs that your body is chronically dehydrated. Another clue is if you are working out and your body is not producing much sweat, you are dehydrated. Your skin needs to stay hydrated and your body needs to be able to cool its temperature through sweating.
Digestive problems – when your body is not hydrated, the mucus in your stomach weakens, often causing heartburn and indigestion.
Constipation – if you are dehydrated, your intestines have little to no lubrication to work with, making it difficult to do the doo-doo.
Dry eyes – dry, itchy eyes is a sign that your tear ducts are dry as a result from lack of hydration.
Reduced urination – a healthy amount of water consumption will result in potty breaks 4-7 times per day. If you are peeing less than this, you need to up your intake of water.
Premature aging – if the body is low on water, your skin will show it. Skin that is hydrated will look plump and full and radiant; skin that is dehydrated will sag and increase the appearance of lines and wrinkles. In addition, the older you are, the harder it is for your body to retain water, so the more water you need to consume regularly.
Hunger pains – often times, what you mistake for hunger pains is really your body’s way of telling you you’re dehydrated. To accommodate both needs, try snacking on water-dense fruits and veggies, such as celery.
Tips on Incorporating More Water into Your Day
If you experience one/some of these signs, you very well may be dehydrated and need to increase your water intake immediately and consistently. Here are some tips to help you stay hydrated:
Create a habit – get in the habit of drinking a large glass of water (at least 8 oz) every morning when you wake up. Even better, drink one full glass of water before every meal.
Set a reminder – whether on your computer, your watch, or your phone, set reminders throughout the day to drink a glass of water. Once you get into the habit of drinking water often throughout the day, you won’t need those reminders anymore and it will become second nature.
Get a water bottle – having your own BPA-free reusable water bottle will encourage you to drink more water throughout the day. Sip on it in the car, waiting in line at the store, at your desk, or while watching television.
It is so crucial that your body stays hydrated. Afterall, 70% of your body is made of water; how can it function properly if it doesn’t have enough? For the average adult, it is recommended to drink 8 glasses of at least 8 ounces of water every day. When you are outside or if you are larger than the “average” adult, you will need even more. So go get yourself that water bottle, set your reminders, and drink to your health!
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment21 hours ago
Davido Celebrates Late Mom On Her Posthumous Birthday
- Entertainment21 hours ago
“Your Obsession With 2Face Will Be Your Death” – 2Face’s Brother Slams Blackface
- Entertainment22 hours ago
Blackface Drags Wizkid, Burna Boy For Stealing His Song
- National News20 hours ago
2020 Finance Bill Exempts Minimum Wage Earners From Tax: Buhari
- Entertainment5 hours ago
‘You Are A Disgrace’ – Actress Adesua Etomi Knocks Lauretta Onochie Over Her Tweet
- Entertainment23 hours ago
‘Nobody Is Fighting For Your Throne Because You’re The Queen’ – James brown Assures Bobrisky
- News Feed19 hours ago
“Marriage requirement is very high in Igboland” – Lady says her brother spent less than N50K on traditional marriage items to marry his wife from Benue
- News Feed19 hours ago
Man narrates horrible experience with a slay queen in Abuja restaurant