Alstom, a global leader in the world of power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure, and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies. Alstom builds the fastest train and the highest capacity automated metro in the world, provides turnkey integrated power plant solutions and associated services for a wide variety of energy sources, including hydro, nuclear, gas, coal and wind, and it offers a wide range of solutions for power transmission, with a focus on smart grids. The Group employs 88,000 people in around 100 countries and is chaired by Patrick Kron.
Reporting to: Operations Manager
1 TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES / AUTHORITY
1.1 Function-related Tasks & Responsibilities
The Main Responsibilities For This Function Are
§ Ensure that Alstom site EHS rules are followed by Alstom and Alstom’s sub-contractors personnel
§ Liaison with customer and external bodies in matters of EHS
§ Providing support and advice to site personnel so as to prevent injury to personnel, damage to plant and equipment, fire, ensuring environmental protection
§ Monitor compliance with applicable rules and regulations and take appropriate action in the event of non-compliance
§ Co-ordinate activities with the Alstom team in respect to EHS requirements
§ Co-ordinate activities of Alstom sub-contractors with respect to EHS, especially where interfaces are involved with other contractors or operational areas of plant.
§ Co-ordinate the review and approval of EHS Risk Assessments
§ Ensure that accidents/incidents are recorded, investigated and appropriate correction & preventative actions taken.
§ Ensure that accidents/incidents are reported to the home base according to Alstom rules.
§ Prepare and submit required EHS report/s.
1.2 General Tasks & Responsibilities
The General Tasks And Responsibilities For This Function Are
§ Conducting all business activities according to Alstom’s Code of Ethics
§ Acting according to the relevant environment, health & safety rules
§ Working according to processes and rules defined in the Management System
§ Contributing to the improvement of the effectiveness and efficiency of processes
§ To call for the cessation of works if an immediate serious safety risk is identified
§ Has the right to interrupt any activity whenever such action is necessary to meet Environment, Health and Safety requirements.
H&S Construction &Service Site
Thermal Services | Thermal Services
2 REQUIREMENTS FOR THE FUNCTION
2.1 Education, Training, Qualification
§ Bachelor Degree in Engineering
2.2 Experience And Work-Related Skills
§ 3 Years EHS Experience
§ Good command of written and spoken English and preferably local language as well
§ Good IT user skills
2.3 Interpersonal and Social Skills
§ Confident and strong communication skills
§ Good people management
§ Responsible, dependable and ethical
§ Solid capable person, with a strong initiative
§ Have drive and determination
2.4 Other Requirements
§ Readiness to make decisions and to assume responsibility
§ Ability to set priorities and to act in a target-oriented manner.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
Vacancy for an Editor at Information Nigeria
nformation Nigeria a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers is looking to employ an experienced editor.
– Supervise and be responsible for all content created and published on the Information Nigeria website.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or a related field.
Pay package includes industry standard salary and bonuses when certain milestones are met.
* Please send a cover letter, CV and 3 samples of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for Editor Position’
* Application Deadline is: 23rd June 2019
- Entertainment22 hours ago
‘It’s Really Sad That Fashola Is Part Of The Pantomime’ – OAP Toolz Reacts To Camera Found At Tollgate
- National News7 hours ago
‘You Cannot Gag The Press’ -Fani-Kayode Reacts To NBC Fine On Media Houses
- News Feed14 hours ago
Nigerian Lawyer, Adegboruwa reacts to Fashola’s ‘discovery’ of camera at Lekki tollgate
- Entertainment22 hours ago
‘We Will Win, Don’t Give Up’, Actress Stella Damasus Encourages Nigerians
- News Feed22 hours ago
A woman that is focused about her future won’t be buying a hair worth of 100k: Twitter User
- News Feed14 hours ago
25 out of 1900 escaped prisoners return to Correctional Centre in Edo
- Entertainment24 hours ago
DJ Neptune To Release ‘Nobody’ Remix Featuring Laycon On October 30
- Entertainment23 hours ago
‘How Is It Easy To Arrest 500 Looters Without Panels, But So Hard To Arrest 1 Police Officer In Years?’ – Singer Bez