Mercy Corps, An International Humanitarian Organisation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill a very strategic position within our Empowering Nigerian Girls in New Enterprises (ENGINE) Program. We are looking for a motivated individual, who is enthusiastic about the work we do and is looking to work within a dynamic team.
Deputy Project Director – Empowering Nigerian Girls in New Enterprises (ENGINE) Program
The ENGINE Deputy Project Director will support the project manager to lead the initiation and implementation of a 3-year program to reduce financial and education barriers for marginalized Nigerian adolescent girls and young women. The objectives of the ENGINE program are to increase girls’ and young women’s access to (1) financial education and life skills; (2) peer to peer networks and mentors; and (3) direct assets (materials and savings). ENGINE will integrate young women into value chains as well as conduct other market-driven employment opportunities. ENGINE will also work with girls in formal and informal education to increase their learning opportunities and outcomes to prepare them for future economic activities. Mercy Corps is a sub-awardee to a large international company and will collaborate with other stakeholders for the implementation of the ENGINE program
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in education, management, international development or relevant field;
- A minimum of 6 years of experience, including 3 years in a senior management position; experience in Middle or Northern Nigeria strongly preferred;
- Experience operating large, complex programs in an insecure environment is required.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Strong understanding of DfID compliance issues; experience managing contracts and performance based payments is desired.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English required, including report development, writing and editing. Hausa language skills strongly preferred.
- Strong management skills, with good understanding of relevant cross-cultural issues in high security environment. Experience managing a multi-organizational team (international and national partners) is a plus.
- Experience managing large-scale secondary education or school to work and especially targeting marginalized girls or young women programs required. Prefer expertise in at least one of the following areas: accelerated learning programs, Islamic and/or community-based education targeting community acceptance of girl’s education, increasing economic assets through savings clubs and links to financial institutions. Experience using SMS for training or messaging preferred.
- Experience coordinating with private sector actors to leverage complementary funding and increase scale of activities.
- Demonstrated experience working with country-level ministries and government officials is preferred
Method of Application
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit CV and Cover Letter addressing the position requirements to
Applications submission deadline: 21 July, 2015. All applications must include the position title in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity organization and we encourage women to apply to these positions.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
Vacancy for an Editor at Information Nigeria
nformation Nigeria a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers is looking to employ an experienced editor.
– Supervise and be responsible for all content created and published on the Information Nigeria website.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or a related field.
Pay package includes industry standard salary and bonuses when certain milestones are met.
* Please send a cover letter, CV and 3 samples of your work to: email@example.com
* The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for Editor Position’
* Application Deadline is: 23rd June 2019
- Entertainment11 hours ago
Regina Daniels Birthday: EVERYTHING You Need To Know
- Entertainment12 hours ago
‘My Landlady Chased Me Away And Started My Kind Of Business’ – Nkechi Blessing
- Politics15 hours ago
#EndSARS: Gov Bello Warns Protesters Against Overthrowing Buhari
- National News11 hours ago
Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos
- News Feed12 hours ago
Pasuma Says He Was Not Chased Out Of #EndSARS Protest In Lagos (Video)
- News Feed14 hours ago
#EndSars: “I Was Paid N500 To Bring A Knife To The Protest Ground” – Man Confesses (VIDEO)
- National News16 hours ago
‘#EndSARS One Of The Most Successful Protest In Nigeria’: Lai Mohammed
- Entertainment16 hours ago
Davido Celebrates His Son, Ifeanyi On His First Birthday