So go on! Treat yourself to that dream vaca.
Traveling is fun. We love exploring, seeing new places, and getting away from the day-to-day routine of our lives.
But is it possible that, in addition to being an awesome escape and adventure, traveling is also incredibly good for your health?
1. Vacationing with other people adds to your feelings of well-being.
While referring to Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index scores, Deborah Heisz, editorial director of Live Happy, says, “Forty-nine percent of Americans take regular trips or vacations, and those that go with family and friends have a significantly higher well-being than those who say they do not.
Married Americans (56 percent) are most likely to take vacations with friends and family, followed by widowers (47 percent), single folks (43 percent), and those with a domestic partner (43 percent). People who are divorced (37 percent) or separated (30 percent) are least likely to regularly take such trips.”
2. Exploring new places reduces stress.
“Travel invites renewed activity in various parts of our whole being. On the physical level, one benefit of travel is how it gets people moving as they explore new terrain visiting landmarks, museums, and parks, which are different and exciting, stimulating on many levels.
Along the same line, travel creates more space and invites us into vacation mode which helps reduce stress. In fact, one study showed that men who didn’t even take one annual vacation had a 30 percent higher chance of dying from heart disease.
In the mental realms, traveling keeps our brain active and stimulated in new ways as we take in unfamiliar information and continue the learning process. These types of activities have been shown to reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s by as much as 47 percent.” says Danny Arguetty.
3. Looking at pictures of the trip evokes the same response as the vacation.
“In his study ‘Vacationers Happier, But Most Not Happier after a Vacation,’ published in the Journal Applied Research in Quality of Life, Jeroen Nawijn, Ph.D., found that vacation length does not affect post-vacation happiness, and confirmed previous findings that a vacation’s positive effects are short-lived.
However, we can prolong our getaways’ positive effects by looking at photos, telling friends about the trip, and otherwise keeping vacation memories alive,” says Heisz.
4. Breaking from everyday routine resets your body and mind.
For the team at WorldNomads.com, travel is about making a healthy break from the routine. Programs marketing manager, Alicia Crosariol, says travel gives her a break from her work to breathe, think, and decompress.
She says, “You’re walking around all day in a new place and not sitting at a desk. Plus, it opens you up to a variety of new foods, many of which can be healthy. Think of all the tropical fruit in South-East Asia and the amazing fresh sushi in Japan.”
5. Trying new things keeps your brain healthy.
Ruth Curran, MS is a brain injury survivor and author of Being Brain Healthy. She discusses neuroplasticity (the idea your brain can bend and change), and how forcing your brain to experience new things through travel is one of the best ways to get neurons to fire.
Curran says, “Enhanced sensory stimulation when you travel — like new tastes, smells and textures, along with doing things outside your normal routine — are vital to keeping your brain healthy, a key part of overall health.”
6. People who camp have higher levels of happiness.
Children who camp in the great outdoors at least once a year go on to do better at school, as well as being healthier and happier, according to their parents.
Mark Koep, founder of CampgroundViews.com, says, “Camping is one of the last true bastions of freedom left to modern people. I would argue that the simple act of traveling and adventure may be the link that leads to the findings in these studies.”
7. Traveling overseas boosts your creativity.
There’s a hypothesis that traveling overseas makes you more creative. Hajar Ali is the founder of Urbane Nomads, a travel company specializing in luxury travel to remote places.
Ali says, “In a month’s time I’m moving to Midhurst, UK, for 3 months to learn polo … Aside from the challenge, I believe getting myself out of the comfort zone of being somewhere familiar would be something that I could do right now, presenting me with new/creative ways of looking at things as well as a greater confidence in myself.”
This study examines the correlation between foreign experience and designer creativity. Those who lived and worked in too many different countries tended to be superficial in their engagements, thus, not allowing for the maximum creative benefits from foreign experience.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- National News23 hours ago
Gowon Describes UK MP’s Fraud Allegations As False
- National News23 hours ago
Gowon: AfDB President Adesina Warns Against Misinformation
- Entertainment7 hours ago
Singer Jennifer Lopez Goes Nude On New Cover Art
- Politics19 hours ago
Injustice Made Me To Dump PDP For APC – Senator Abbo
- National News22 hours ago
Former Lawmaker, Shehu Sani Accuses FG Of Using Huge Loans To Buy Substandard Chinese Railway Locomotives
- National News20 hours ago
Buhari Will Set Nigeria On Fire If He Doesn’t Implement People’s Demands —Wike
- Metro News22 hours ago
Nigeria Ranks Third On Global Terrorism Index Despite Drop In Deaths – Report
- Entertainment6 hours ago
South African Rapper, Cassper Nyovest Lauds Wizkid’s ‘Made In Lagos’ Album