By nature, most women are more emotional than men. That’s not a bad thing when those emotions lead to empathy and care. But let’s talk about those “over-the-top” emotional responses to what life dishes out. How you deal with life’s events has everything to do with how happy your marriage is.
Read: Your husband has 5 basic needs. Are you meeting them?
Here are a few signs that you’re being a little too emotional for your hubby to handle.
1. He stops telling you the truth
Some women can’t handle the truth. They fall apart. As a result, their husbands end up hiding the truth to avoid the tirade of emotions poured out upon them. A man can handle just so much of that, and then, like a trip to the dentist, he’ll avoid it — even if it means lying to his wife.
2. He isn’t as romantic as he used to be
Too much negative emotion from you will diminish your husband’s romantic feelings. It’s hard to feel tender, loving thoughts of intimacy with a person who is emotionally volatile. If this side of your relationship is suffering, look to what your emotional outbursts (or “silent treatments” — another form of emotional response) are doing to discourage your husband from being more loving and vulnerable.
Counselor, Shannon Ethridge, said, “Women share part of the blame when their husbands pull away from them emotionally. Sometimes, it is the women’s attitudes or behaviors that have caused the men to become frigid. It is not that love has died between them; it is just that the husband has shut down emotionally because of how his wife treats him.”
3. He zones out when you talk
It’s as if he has turned off his hearing aids and his mind is far away from anything you are saying. He doesn’t hear you. He doesn’t want to hear you. He’s tired of hearing you because you so often erupt into emotional overdose. Guys can do that. They just “turn you off” after awhile. It’s their survival mode. If you want hubby to hear you, tone it down a little, and be rational.
4. He avoids talking to you about things that upset you
This is different from lying to you. This is your husband’s decision to keep things to himself rather than talk to you about them. That way, he doesn’t have to lie to you. He doesn’t want to upset you, so he keeps quiet. But life comes with challenges, and both you and hubby must be able to talk about and effectively deal with whatever happens. You both need that kind of emotional maturity from each other.
5. He stays away from home longer
No man wants to come home to a barrage of emotional outbursts — crying, sulking, making demands … That’s too great a burden to bear. He’ll find somewhere else to go where he doesn’t have to endure it. Staying late at work becomes more appealing. The local bar becomes a place to drown out miseries — only to cause more later. Don’t let your emotional reactions drive your man to unhealthy outlets.
6. He loses his temper
Sometimes, a guy’s automatic response to an out-of-control wife is to holler at her. He simply doesn’t know how to deal with her and resorts to yelling at her to stop. He may blast her with a volley of insults that have been building up inside him. If this happens, calm down. It will do wonders to help your husband be calm. While you aren’t responsible for his temper, you should evaluate your part in it.
7. He seeks companionship with someone else
It may be his buddies. Hanging out with them is much less stressful than hanging out with a sobbing, complaining wife. A little time with buddies can be a good thing, but when this becomes hubby’s escape, that’s evidence he’s not wanting to be where his wife’s emotions are in full swing. Worst of all, don’t nudge your husband into the arms of a calm, understanding “other woman.” You be the understanding woman in his life.
Learn how to take control of your emotions. In essence, take care of yourself by eating properly. Get enough sleep. Take breaks now and then — even just a walk in the sunshine can help keep your emotions in check. Make the effort, and not only will your man love you for it but your life will be much happier.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment20 hours ago
Singer Davido Reveals Secret To Staying Rich (Photo)
- Entertainment23 hours ago
“Manipulative As Ever People” – Erica‘s Manager Drags Laycon Over Interview
- Entertainment23 hours ago
Mike Edwards’ Wife, Perri Shares Lovely Family Photo On Instagram
- Entertainment23 hours ago
“Start Saving Your Money Now”- Kiddwaya Advises Celebrity Friends
- Entertainment23 hours ago
‘Life Is A Journey, Not A Competition’ – Crossdresser Jay Boogie Throws Shade At Bobrisky
- News Feed21 hours ago
Smoking Weed Is The First Sign Of A Useless Boyfriend -Nigerian Lady Says
- Politics23 hours ago
NDDC Is A Cash Cow For Politicians – Nyesom Wike
- News Feed21 hours ago
Nigeria Army Officials Allegedly Beat Lady For Refusing To Greet Them (Video)