Nigerian Man Narates His Sad Encounter With Majek Fashek

majek

One of Nigeria’s many bloggers, Joseph Edgar, who is also an investment banker has posted his very sad encounter with Nigerian reggae legend, Majek Fashek.

Edgar met the ‘Send Down The Rain‘ singer on his way to work today, June 12, 2015.

The blogger said he was saddened with Majek’s appearance.

Majek Fashek who was once one of the leading artistes in this country has had a battle with drugs.

You can read his post on Majek Fashek below: –

Investment banker and Blogger ran into Nigerian music legend Majek Fashek this morning in Lagos on his way to work. The story he shares is quite sad. Read below…

On my way to work this morning, I spotted a loony figure. Pants sagged, dirty black underwear showing, a caftan perched precariously on his extra lean shoulders, shock of long unkempt dreadlocks cascading down his head and teeth yellowed by years of hard living and a face still surprisingly handsome despite the ravages of illicit living. This was Majek, my hero, the one who brought down the rain.

He it was who redefined Reggae and in that one album forced us to look deep into our consciousness, calling us prisoners of conscience. He it was who took that Bob Marley piece, Redemption Song into the sublime. He infused it with his pangolo rhythm and turned it into an anthem of social and spiritual awakening. Majek was a god, strong Adonis like looks, talent yet to me replicated in our clime and charisma of the gods.

This same Majek, I just saw like that in Fadeyi, begging for ogogoro because he did not have 100 Naira to pay for it. I stopped brought out 1,000 Naira and was immediately struck by confusion. Should I give him this money and contribute to his death or should I refuse him and watch him throw a tantrum like a disposed toddler. He saved me the dilemma as he grabbed the money from me and rushed to the ugly, black dirty merchant of death, who gleefully poured him a glass full.

Majek downed the drink and hugged me like I had just saved him from the hang mans noose. I looked deep into his eyes and saw a lost soul. He was actually begging for help, the demon inside of him peered at me from his once very beautiful eyes, daring me to do my worse. Assuring me that he had no intention of leaving this host until it finished it’s dreadful task of killing him ever so slowly.

He called me a fine boy and wished he was as good looking as I was, I laughed. A laugh that was more of pity, a laugh that was laced with internal cry of pain. A pain that cascaded through every pain in my body. If only I had one tenth of this talent, I would be far from fadeyi begging for N100 worth of ogogoro.

Did we fail him as Nigerians, did we put an umbrella over the Rainmaker, did the flood of his talent wash away his life, what can be done, do we continue watch him make a mockery of a Life once blessed?

Majek in his destitution represents Nigeria. Blessed with more than enough resources., rich in human capacity, more fertile land than the whole of Asia and filled with gifted and talented people, but yet beggerly and poor. Daily our leaders go to ‘jibowu’ to beg poorer countries for aid, for debt forgiveness. The contradiction never leaves me. Japan with no known Natural resources is so developed that we can only look in shame.

Majek with all the talents of a thousand people, begging the woman who can’t lift a finger beside him for N100, Majek being laughed at by miscreants and being mocked with so much joy by those who were not half as blessed by God.

What can I do, but to write this piece and just walk away, lest his guest demon attempt a move on my life. I saw it and felt it look into my soul and with one withered hand, offered me a shot of the Devils brew. A shot I knew would throw me into the darkest pits of Majeks torture, a shot that will take me spiraling down the tunnels of oblivion, destroying the innocent dependent lives of my children while giving Majek solace that he has finally found a room mate albeit a very reluctant and scared one.

I pray for you sir.  I pray God gives you peace. God bless you Majek.

1. FearGod

June 12, 2015 at 4:57 pm

I’m crying right now!

2. Ekundayo Obaba

June 12, 2015 at 6:24 pm

The devil’s apple is full of worms.

3. funky

June 12, 2015 at 6:25 pm

Quite sad, quite touching. So many things our leaders left undone. Talented lost souls condemned to their fates. People like him ought to be in rehabs, not left to d mercy of d public, majority of who are struggling to survive. May d almighty God revive his soul.

4. beaty

June 12, 2015 at 8:51 pm

I feel so sad may God restor n give him peace

5. maryam orogho

June 12, 2015 at 11:10 pm

Its a pity how a man will destroy himself with drug.i saw him on friday at ecobank sabo.d security pple Thére refuséd him entry into d bank.what a life.hé néed rehabilitatn.

6. Kelly

June 13, 2015 at 1:05 am

Damn it! The last time I heard about him, he was in the U.S… I think dis fellow is making dis up.

7. Ganiyu Ayanwale

June 13, 2015 at 1:28 am

Majeck is a wonderful musician he used to live in California then moved to Brooklyn NY now back to Nigeria ,we all go through difficulty in our lifetime and we all need help in different ways no matter what he still our brother whatever people can do for him and other people in that country that going through same problems I think we should help them they need to have drug rehabilitation center for people like that in our country many people needs it if our government can think of it and rendered that help it will become a big thing that many of us will never forget.

8. Iteh Sunday

June 13, 2015 at 5:18 pm

Our up coming musicians who are drug addicts should learn from this intake pls.

9. prince

June 13, 2015 at 8:15 pm

Life is unpredictable an misterious at Time.I pray that GOD interven in his case an restore back to him what the enemy hav stolen away from him.

10. Davis

June 13, 2015 at 8:39 pm

You see why everyone must be warned not to do business with the devil? What he needs is not rehabilitation as Maryam suggested,its deliverance, so that all the demos living in him will be evacuated. Anyone who can help him should take him to Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries.

11. peniel

June 14, 2015 at 2:21 pm

am listening to prisoner of conscience now after reading this post. So painful but i thought he was in USA. so sad because i learnt a lot from is song. i develop the interest in learn Guitar which am doing now.I pray God will heal him and also i will pray for him tonight.

12. peniel

June 14, 2015 at 2:24 pm

So sad by hearing this. I know he get to the his promise land, where he will see the sent rain when we have all emancipated from this Babylonia system.

13. Akinbusuyi Tom

June 16, 2015 at 10:46 am

i hate this write up….come , cant any Majek’s extended family do anything about his case? I knw where his family’s compound used to be at the popular Igun street, in Benin City

14. Victor

June 24, 2015 at 11:45 pm

I feel so sad for Majek,I pray for his quick recovery.

‘I Don’t Care About Who Talks About Me’ – Bobrisky

When I started making money, people were saying I sleep with politicians and I use charms – Bobrisky

Bobrisky

Controversial crossdresser, Bobrisky took to his Instagram page on Friday to share a photo of himself along with a message for those who talk behind his back.

In the photo, the self-proclaimed male barbie donned a dress with a face full of make up.

Bobrisky, whose real name is Idris Okuneye, said that he does not care about those who gossip or peddle rumors about him because they do not have the courage to say it to his face.

In his words;

“I don’t care who talks about me cus when I come around nothing is said to me.”

Read Also: ‘Most Students Are More Successful Than Their Teachers’ – Jay Bugatti Claps Back At Bobrisky

The crossdresser’s post

The crossdresser’s post

Singer Johnny Drille Releases New Song, ‘Mystery Girl’

Johnny Drille

Johnny Drille

Nigerian singer, Johnny Drille, has released a new song titled ‘Mystery Girl’. The Mavin Records artist took to Twitter on Friday to share a snippet of the music video.

The single is off his forthcoming debut studio album to be released in 2021.

He wrote as caption:

“Mystery Girl is the start of a whole new journey for me and my quest for great music. I’ve waited forever to share this with you. I need you to share this aggressively. #MysteryGirl unleashed worldwide.”

Read Also‘I’ve Been Having Goosebumps From My New Sounds’, Singer Johnny Drille Says

Information Nigeria recalls the ‘Romeo & Juliet’ crooner recently urged his fans to accept him for who he is.

See his Twitter post below:

‘How Can You Be Angry That Someone Is Happy’ – Singer Davido Blows Hot

Davido

Davido

Popular Nigerian singer, Davido has revived feud rumors after he posted a tweet targeted at an unknown person.

Information Nigeria recalls the DMW boss recently shared a viral secret to staying rich with his social media followers.

Davido took to his Twitter account on Friday to post a cryptic message in which he asked a puzzling question.

The singer’s post simply suggests that it is be directed at someone, who seems to be bothered by another person’s happiness.

The ‘FEM’ crooner tweeted;

“How can u be angry that someone is happy ….. oloriburuku”

Read Also: Singer Davido Reveals Secret To Staying Rich (Photo)

See his tweet below: