FMDQ OTC PLC (“FMDQ”) is a Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) registered OTC securities exchange and self-regulatory organisation with the strategic intent of bringing about revolutionary changes and fostering the development of the Nigerian fixed income and currency markets. The company promotes market development in the Nigerian financial markets, with a primary focus on the OTC markets – fixed income (money, treasury bills, commercial papers, bonds and repos), currencies and derivatives, thereby bringing Nigeria’s fixed income and currency operations under a single market governance structure.
With a vision of becoming No. 1 in Africa in the Fixed Income and Currency markets and a mission to empower the financial markets to be innovative and credible, in support of the Nigerian economy, FMDQ is positioned to drive global competitiveness by deepening its markets through product innovation and institutionalising robust market governance. In furtherance of our product and market development mandate, it has become imperative for FMDQ to institute and drive a fully sponsored education program for the Nigerian financial market stakeholders – governments, regulators, operators, investing public, media and students in support of its sustainability strategy and corporate vision.
FMDQ therefore seeks to hire an individual with a strategic perspective on leveraging education to drive market development.
Job Title: Head, FMDQ Academy
Reports to: Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer (MD/CEO)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Key purpose: To drive sustainability by rallying financial market participants in alignment with FMDQ’s product innovation and market development agenda through developing, planning and managing FMDQ Academy’s strategic, financial, technical and administrative functions to a high standard, ensuring that these functions support the management of the Academy in an efficient and effective manner. The role will be responsible for driving the Academy’s work in relation to curriculum development and faculty engagement for a forward-looking approach to the development of financial market stakeholders and the active engagement and involvement of stakeholders.
- Embody the vision, aims, and core values of the Academy and provide strategic advice to MD/CEO
- Provide overall leadership to ensure that stakeholder access to learning resources is in alignment with FMDQ’s educational imperatives
- Conduct Learning Needs Analysis by identifying core competencies of stakeholders and subsequently leveraging competency mapping/gap analyses to enhance training programme development
- Conduct periodic assessments of the training curriculum in alignment with FMDQ’s prevailing corporate objectives, thereby ensuring the deployment of appropriate learning programmes that promote a knowledge-sharing and quality-conscious culture among all market participants
- Ensure the deployment of a strategy-aligned, robust, cost-effective and integrated Learning Management System (LMS) for efficient and end-to-end training administration
- Establish and maintain a training assessment system for training providers to evaluate the quality and effectiveness of learning outcomes; and implement enhancements as required
- Forge and maintain strong long-term relationships with external partners for training design and delivery, as well as other stakeholder groups
- Identify and obtain alternative funding sources for the Academy
- Implement the Education Program endorsed by the Governing Council (GC) of the Academy
- Report periodically to the GC on progress recorded and challenges faced by the Academy
- Implement an effective Communication Plan to promote the strategic value and benefits of the Academy
- Maintain the security of all information assets entrusted to the Academy, and comply with organisational and industry security policies
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences/Humanities, Human Resources, Education, Organisational Development or any related field
- Post graduate degree and relevant professional certification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of eight (8) years in a learning and development role in a corporate university or a field relevant to the duties of the position such as the fields of human resources, training, education, or organisational development role
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience leading the training/development initiatives of an organisation
- Human resources senior management experience in the financial services industry, learning and development (including training function implementation) and consulting exposure. Familiarity with training needs analysis, adult learning concepts, and knowledge of processes, tools and techniques for delivering e-learning and classroom-based learning solutions will be highly desirable
- Experience in stakeholder management and operation of financial, personnel, facilities and administrative/organisational/ procedures
- Experience in business development and change management
- Experience in manpower development, curriculum planning and training administration with proven ability to lead by example and foster collaborative partnerships
COMPETENCY AND SKILL REQUIREMENT
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including leadership, influencing, and relationship-building across functions
- Strong planning and project management skills and the ability to apply these skills in effective working partnerships across stakeholder groups
- Ability to perform and interpret needs analyses, and translate the findings into actionable next steps
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, including group facilitation and presentation skills
- Must be highly resourceful, personable, creative and very energetic, and should possess superior intelligence and passion
- Have strong IT appreciation and the ability to manage a technology-driven learning program (e- learning rather than classroom-based)
The right candidate for this job position will have oversight responsibility for the implementation of learning strategies, programmes and initiatives to promote FMDQ’s sustainability, current and future product and market development agenda, and will ensure stakeholders acquire the requisite knowledge, technical skills and competencies.
Relative to the organisational goals and policies, as well as specific performance targets set by the Governing Council, periodically the candidate will measure and report on the success, progress and challenges of the Academy’s services.
All applications must be submitted on or before Wednesday, July 15, 2015 and sent by email email@example.com with the job title stated in the subject line of the email. Each Application must include:
- A cover letter with applicant’s contact information
- Applicant’s updated curriculum vitae
- Copies of relevant credentials and certificates
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Entertainment23 hours ago
“You Are Looking At The Champion” – Burna Boy Reacts To His Grammy Nomination
- Entertainment23 hours ago
Williams Uchemba Reacts After He Was Accused Of Being Gay
- Entertainment23 hours ago
Burna Boy Snags 2021 Grammy Nomination
- Entertainment23 hours ago
Brymo Congratulates Adekunle Gold ON MOBO Nomination
- Entertainment23 hours ago
I Am Not Religious, But I Know ‘There Is God’ – Singer, Omah Lay
- Entertainment23 hours ago
BBNaija’s Tolani Baj Visits Ikorodu Monarch; Gifts Him A Large Portrait
- Entertainment22 hours ago
‘Strangers Are More Inclined To Help You Succeed Rather Than Friends’ – Actor, Bryan Okwara
- National News16 hours ago
Pretty Lady Who Recently Got Married Dies During Child Birth