News Feed

FINALLY!!! Checkout The Names Of Those Who Will Emerge As Buhari’s Ministers

All is finally set for President Muhammadu Buhari to release the names of his ministers. The immediate past governors of Lagos and Rivers, Babatunde Fashola and Rotimi Amaechi; a former governor of Ekiti, Segun Oni and Education minister in the Obasanjo government, Oby Ezekwesili, are among those you will be seeing in the government of Buhari in the days to come.

Also believed to be on the list expected to be forwarded to the Senate this week are a former Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen. Abdurahman Danbazzau; Economic Adviser to late President Yar’Adua, Dr. Tanimu Yakubu Kirfi and respected economist, Professor Pat Utomi.

b5fb4486a0280bedc7c656bb507e830b_L

Ex-Ekiti Governor Kayode Fayemi or ex-Osun Governor Olagunsoye Oyinlola may also be picked.

Presidency sources said that while Buhari is keen on having a lean cabinet, the Constitution is an impediment as it stipulates that every state must be represented in the Federal Executive Council.

Buhari and his think-tank are said to have realised that the size of the incoming cabinet cannot be less than 36.

Although the President is keeping the list to his chest, it was learnt that he is disposed to accepting nomination of capable, tested and what one source called “ethical” candidates from ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo, ex-Chief of Army Staff, Gen. T.Y. Danjuma, APC national leader Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, ex-Vice President Atiku Abubakar, etc.

Ex-Minister Bolaji Abdullahi and ex-PDP Chairman Kawu Baraje may slug it out for Kwara State slot.

Buhari is also said to favour consulting Tinubu on some slots, regardless of pressure from some elements in the Presidency.

A source said: “The President has been consulting widely on the list of his ministers. All things being equal, some candidates from ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo, ex-Chief of Army Staff, Gen. T.Y. Danjuma, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, ex-Vice President Atiku Abubakar, and the newly-elected Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki may make the list.

“Some of these heavyweights have submitted advisory names but it is left for the President to reject or accept them.

“Governors will have less input into the cabinet. The President is actually fine-tuning the list of ministers which he will soon send to the National Assembly.

“As I am talking to you, the President is keeping the list to his chest. I am aware that some ex-governors may make the team on merit.”

1. Emmanuel

June 14, 2015 at 5:24 pm

New wine in an old wine skin. O

2. domjay

June 15, 2015 at 6:49 am

i thought buhari will bring new persons to complement his so call change, i didn’t know he will recycle them, look at corrupt people like ameachi,oby,oni,I pity this country, anyway l’m very sure buhari will fail Nigerians.

• Zak

June 15, 2015 at 4:33 pm

Just like the way u ve been a failure to ur entire generation

3. honourable

June 22, 2015 at 9:55 pm

@ Domjay or whatever u call urself… instead of buhari… U are the one who will fail

4. ronald Gilliland

June 24, 2015 at 8:44 am

No change here then. Names that are currently being probed for looting government funds are promoted to minister. Well done Buhari.You are rewarding the people who helped you to power.God help us.

5. zed

June 26, 2015 at 5:03 pm

Doomjay or whatever you are called. You are born stupid and failure is your beginning and will certainly be your end, idiotic thinker who is too stupid to realize he is foolish… dan shegiya

6. horlar

June 26, 2015 at 9:31 pm

a change can not happened in a day ,change is by process,change can’t work overnight.not a name of political paty or calibres of people there bad but the policies,it is the policies that will force the polital holder to work.so some polical holders in party PDP not all bad,APC still need them because of their experienced.

7. Okun P&F

July 12, 2015 at 3:33 pm

Bearly 2month people were already judging what kind of judger are they …! Bais ? Buhari has started and if we must be sincere then we must wait for at least 1 year before conclution…! In the University in as much ur GP is above 1 point then ur depertment must not withdral u till 4 yrs graduating period, so pls let us be praying for colective success…!

8. Dass

July 26, 2015 at 3:08 pm

my reading is that it’s still at the level of newspaper speculation. Why insult one another on the basis of speculation?

9. bashir

July 27, 2015 at 10:15 pm

i dont no why people are complaining pdp have rule for good 16 yrs not to show it especially during badluck administration. pls im not insulting anybody but i want you to think abt our days, months, years wit badluck. wat was our achievement ? pls lets give him time to get this country together. stop insultin each other, lets pray for d sucess of this country so that our children will not go tru wat have been going tru .pls n pls.

• Egbuodike

August 30, 2015 at 1:22 am

Was it in six years of GEJ regime that Nigeria was plundered or bad administration was experienced? Nigeria is 54 years old. In the last 49 years when other rulers were in power, what happened? What did they achieve? All our problems are caused by GEJ. U pple stop all these talks and provoking pple. Jonathan has just killed Nigeria in 6 years. What did those who were there for 49 years achieve with all the intimidating resources God gave to this country? Enough of this non sense pls.

• Livingstone

September 29, 2015 at 11:54 am

Egbuodike, thanks for ur contributions sir…may d gud LORD bless u…don’t mind d idiots who are just noise makers.

10. Abdullahi Danladi

August 9, 2015 at 9:08 pm

lam happy for this change most especially on the issue of national revenue on one treasure account money should be remited by ministries.
    and the issue of minister pls Roti mi should also be considered and other eminent Nigerian that are sincere.

11. Song E Offiok

September 17, 2015 at 4:19 pm

plz my ppl let us have one understanding that this country is our own let join with present govt to move this country fowr .Buhari just a hundred days above in office we hav to gave him our support .

12. abubaka

September 21, 2015 at 4:34 pm

those insulting our dear president GMB are not Nigerian but we the real citizens of the country cannot insults a administration at this period especially if we remember what happened for the past 7 months

News Feed

Lekki Shooting: ‘I took a lot of gunshot victims to the hospital’ – Ideh Chukwuma

Lekki Shooting: 'I took a lot of gunshot victims to the hospital' – Ideh Chukwuma

Ideh Chukwuma has shared his experience at the Lekki tollgate protest ground. The Nigerian filmmaker revealed that he took, at least, 13 endSARS protesters cum victims to the hospital.

Chukwuma made this known in an exclusive interview with Premium Times, an online newspaper based in Abuja. He, however, noted that he never saw any dead body at the massacre scene.

He said;

What I will say is, I have been hearing people say “Lekki massacre, Lekki massacre.” I have to be honest with you if you Google the term “massacre,” massacre is a situation where a group of people were being killed by rebels or the military and going by that particular point, I would have been able to tell you that I saw a lot of dead bodies, this is how they killed them, there were a lot of dead bodies and so it was a massacre.

“But from the time I came, I didn’t see any dead bodies but I can certainly tell you that there was a shooting, an unauthorised shooting. I will call it a raid, I will call it assault. I am going to term it assault and raid. That is what I would use. It was an assault and I and I may be wrong but because I didn’t see those bodies, and I have not seen a family member that has come to cry and say one two or three persons have died.

If DJ Switch had seen that, she’s in the best position to say that because she was there. I cannot say she’s wrong. I was out of that circle. I was a few meters away. They were at the toll gate and I was a few meters away from them. I wasn’t there, I was at Lekki Phase 1. I can’t tell you what the military’s approach on their arrival was. So, I wouldn’t be able to tell you that they shot one, two, three, four, or five people. But I can certainly tell you that I took a lot of gunshot victims to the hospital.

If I took about 13 people to the hospital myself, minus the ones that the governor confirmed that were injured, he said about thirty, that is forty-something, DJ Switch might not be wrong. I took 13 to the hospital. So, if DJ Switch said she saw 15 dead people, by her own records, because she was there so she can speak on that part. I can’t speak on that and none of the thirteen people that I took to the hospital has died. They are still alive and some of them have been discharged.

He also recounted how the soldiers tried stopping him from helping victims of the shooting. One Soul added;

For the record, I was not at the protest ground with the crowd protesting when the military came around so I cannot tell you what guns they were shooting. But I knew I heard gunshots and people were running. So, what could have happened when I was not there, while I was in my car, I don’t know. It was when I came back I realised everyone was running helter-skelter and I saw people falling down. I saw blood, people being shot and it was all looking bad so I decided to keep going (driving) and I could see clearly this time that the army had surrounded the protesters.

“They were gathered together into a circle and the army surrounded them with their guns and they were still singing the national pledge while they were surrounded. They saw my car coming and I was waving the flag and one of the military guys was shouting “ Go back, go back” and I wouldn’t go back and I was like I want to check up on my friends and they shouted that I should “ Go back now!” and then I saw a lady that was shot on the leg and another guy who was shot in the hand.

Yes, and they saw me carry wounded people in my car. I saw another guy who was shot in the hand but the bullet did not go into his arm but bruised him so I carried the three of them and drove to Ajah. They rejected them. I got to the government hospital and they said it was only for mother and child. Then Doren Hospital, Ajah, accepted them and I was happy. I told the Director that I was coming back and I then I drove back to tollgate and they were still shooting and I came down from the car raising my hand up and the guy kept shooting and I told them I wanted to help people that were wounded and he said No I should go back and I said, ‘‘Sir, I cannot go back I have to check the wounded people, and he refused then I took off my clothes and I said “ Sir, you have to shoot me” then he cocked a gun and aimed it at me and I was like I will not leave if you don’t allow me to rescue these people. While he aimed his gun at me, his colleague brushed me and hissed then I walked in there and rescued four other people and rushed them to the hospital.

When I was coming back the third time, I came with an ambulance to rescue more people. While I was there, one of the guys told me that the military was keeping the wounded or dead people in their trucks. So what I was told was that the military took some people and that they thought they were taking them to the military hospital. I don’t know if it is possible that it is true or I don’t know. When I came back again, I told the man (soldier) that I wanted to carry more people in the ambulance and I helped more people in the ambulance and they were taken to the hospital.

News Feed

Hoodlums reportedly attack Actor Clem Ohameze in Uyo

Hoodlums reportedly attack Actor Clem Ohameze in Uyo

Clem Ohameze, popular Nollywood actor was on Thursday reportedly attacked by hoodlums in Uyo, Akwa Ibom state capital.

This was made known by a Twitter user who revealed that the actor was robbed of his personal belongings during the attack.

@simply_kemkem tweeted:

Veteran Nollywood actor Clem Ohameze was attacked in Uyo on Thursday by hoodlums. They injured him, took his money and phones. Quick recovery sir.

News Feed

Hoodlums storm Senator’s residence in Ibadan; cart away 300 motorcycles (Video)

Hoodlums storm Senator's residence in Ibadan; cart away 300 motorcycles (Video)

Hoodlums have paid a visit to Nigerian senator Teslim Folarin at his Oluyole residence in Ibadan, Oyo state capital.

It was gathered that the hoodlums made away with 300 new motorcycles, deep freezers, and other household items.

Senator Folarin is not the only politician who has suffered attack in recent times.

Information Nigeria recalls hoodlums, on Saturday, raided houses of senators in Enugu and Calabar.

See pictures below: