The Mitchell Group, Inc. (TMG) partners with its clients – developing countries, donor agencies, and private corporations – and assists them in implementing an array of management solutions to ensure that valuable, finite resources are used in the most efficient ways possible. Our international development consulting services are tailored to meet the needs of U.S. Government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and private firms working in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Caribbean, Eastern Europe and the Newly Independent States.
Job Title: Team Leader
Job ID: #979881
Job type: Consultancy
• The Mitchell Group in seeking a team leader (TL), who will be responsible for overall management of an evaluation in Nigeria relating to monitoring and evaluation, statistical data analysis, understanding of MNCH/RH/FP service delivery, health systems strengthening with expertise in human resources and logistics management.
• This includes coordinating and packaging the deliverables in consultation with the other team members.
• The TL will develop tools for the evaluation and share them with USAID/Nigeria.
• TL will develop the outline for the draft report, present the report after incorporating USAID Nigeria staff comments if necessary, submit the final report to USAID/Nigeria within the prescribed timeline.
The TL will have the following responsibilities:
• Finalize and negotiate with USAID for the team work plan for the assignment
• Establish roles, responsibilities, and tasks for each member
• Ensure the logistic arrangements in the field are complete
• Facilitate and set the agenda for Team Planning Meeting (TPM)
• Take the lead on preparing , coordinating team member input, submitting, revising and finalizing the assignment report
• Mange the process of report writing
• Manage team coordination meetings in the field
• Coordinate the workflow and tasks and ensure that the team members are working to schedule
• Ensure the field logistics are arranged (e.g. administrative and clerical support are provided, ensure payment is made for services such as car/driver hire or other travel and transport arranged, etc)
• Handle conflict within the team
• Serve as the primary contact with USAID/Nigeria and serve as spokesperson for the group, as required
• Debrief USAID/Nigeria as the evaluation progresses, and organize a final debriefing
• Serve as primary interface with USAID/Nigeria in submission of draft and final reports/deliverables to USAID/Nigeria.
• Make decisions in conjunction with USAID/Nigeria about the safety and security of the team in consultation with the USAID/Nigeria.
• Assume technical direction lead in order to ensure quality and appropriateness of assignment and report content.
The TL should have the following qualifications:
• Advanced Degree in Health, Political Science, International Relations, Social Sciences or related field;
• At least 7-10 years working experience in the field of health, HR, MNCH/RH/FP
• A good understanding of USAID project administration;
• Program planning. Implementation, evaluation and design experience and;
• Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
Application Deadline: 29th May, 2015
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents as MS Word files via e-mail to: email@example.com. In the subject line, please indicate “Team Leader – Nigeria”. CV’s/resumes will be reviewed as they are received. Early application is encouraged. No phone calls please.
Documents to be submitted
• Completed and signed USAID form No. AID 1420-17
• Brief cover letter that includes a one paragraph summary of your key qualifications
• Current CV/resume with references.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Entertainment19 hours ago
South African Rapper, Cassper Nyovest Lauds Wizkid’s ‘Made In Lagos’ Album
- Entertainment13 hours ago
‘How Can You Be Angry That Someone Is Happy’ – Singer Davido Blows Hot
- Entertainment15 hours ago
Wizkid Calls Out British Rapper, Tinie Tempah And His Manager Over Unpaid Debts
- Entertainment19 hours ago
Singer Jennifer Lopez Goes Nude On New Cover Art
- Entertainment19 hours ago
Davido’s ‘The Best’ Featuring Mayorkun Hits 10M Streams In Its First Week
- National News17 hours ago
We Deliberately Shut Down Refineries – NNPC GMD
- Entertainment19 hours ago
‘I’m Rooting For Burna Boy To Win The Grammys’, Says Tiwa Savage
- Entertainment18 hours ago
Laycon Becomes Most Followed BBNaija Winner On Instagram; Hits 2.5M Followers