With our best-in-class drillships and highly experienced team, Pacific Drilling is a fast-growing company committed to becoming the industry’s preferred ultra-deepwater drilling contractor. Since initiating construction of our first four rigs in 2008, Pacific Drilling has grown into a successful, premium drilling contractor with more than 1,500 employees and contracts with the highest-quality clients in the industry. To date we have delivered six ships; two more vessels under construction will be completed within the year. Our fleet of eight ultra-deepwater drillships will represent one of the youngest and most technologically advanced fleets in the world. Throughout our development, we have remained committed to customer service and operating with the utmost integrity and focus on safety.
The Subsea Technician is a ‘fast track’ trainee of the Subsea Department. He or she is responsible for learning as much as possible about the subsea equipment to gain deep insight as to the various tasks and methods of the drilling vessel subsea environment. The technician will also be responsible for interacting with as many Subsea Supervisors as possible in the first year of the program.
Department / Location
The Subsea Technician program is intended to produce competent Subsea Supervisors from technically trained personnel in one year and on to Senior Subsea Supervisors in two years. The first year of the program is effectively full time while the second year will be (almost) equal time on and off and assigned to a drill-ship.
The first year will be broken into four stages, the first of which will have the Technicians assigned to the Subsea Superintendents, the second stage will have the Technician assigned to one of our drill-ships.
The third stage will be assigned to a different drill-ship (probably in a different country) and the fourth stage will have the Technician assigned to shadow the Subsea Superintendents again.
During this first year there will be many training courses to attend and during both years there will be many assignments to complete and reports to write.
The technicians will be evaluated and tested after each stage. A failure of any evaluation, an assignment or of the written test will prevent graduation. We will, however allow one opportunity only to correct such a failure.
Direct Manager/Supervisor – The Subsea Technician will report to his (her) mentor on a daily basis.
Functional Manager/Supervisor – The Subsea Technician will ultimately report to the Director of Operational Excellence.
Qualifications and Experience
- A sound knowledge of hydraulic systems, with either mechanical or electrical related experience.
- A technical education with a degree, a diploma or equivalent.
- At least one year of supervisory experience (even if there was only one subordinate).
- Worked a rotating schedule, with long periods away from home, preferably on foreign assignments.
- The ability and willingness to perform self-study.
- A sound knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- The ability to read drawings and schematics.
- Be able to collect and process information required for the assignments.
- The capability to write detailed, though concise, technical reports.
Rig, office, classroom and factory.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
Vacancy for an Editor at Information Nigeria
nformation Nigeria a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers is looking to employ an experienced editor.
– Supervise and be responsible for all content created and published on the Information Nigeria website.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or a related field.
Pay package includes industry standard salary and bonuses when certain milestones are met.
* Please send a cover letter, CV and 3 samples of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for Editor Position’
* Application Deadline is: 23rd June 2019
- Entertainment10 hours ago
“Those Inmates In Benin Were Illegally Released By Authorities” – BBNaija’s Tacha Claims
- News Feed13 hours ago
Thugs set prisoners free after hijacking #EndSARS protest in Edo
- National News13 hours ago
BREAKING: Edo Government Declares 24-Hour Curfew
- Entertainment14 hours ago
‘Arrest Us Too’ – Genevieve Nnaji Reacts To Arrest Of Protesters In Kano
- Education17 hours ago
NECO Shifts Exam Over #EndSARS Protest
- Travel13 hours ago
Exotic Resorts May Be the Best Bet for a Holiday
- Entertainment10 hours ago
#EndSARS: ‘We Want To Change Established Systems’ – Singer Bez
- News Feed17 hours ago
Cardi B deactivates Twitter account