ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics is home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture. ICRISAT, established in 1972, and is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- a) Develop and coordinate market development strategy and interventions in the Sorghum sector
- Support the design of Sorghum sectors market development strategy within the context of ATASP-1 executed in Nigeria
- Plan and implement Sorghum market development interventions in Sorghum seed systems development, Sorghum inputs and output market sub-sectors
- Organize capacity building for stakeholders (NARIs staff, extension agents, producers’ groups, seed companies, etc) on Sorghum sector market/ value chain development
- b) Support the establishment and strengthen market linkages in Sorghum value chain
- Support marketing activities for Sorghum value chain actors in Sorghum sectors development hubs in Nigeria
- Support establishment of contracts with potential partners (e.g. market actors), develop concrete offers for partnership and negotiate agreements between key actors
- Initiate contract farming arrangement between seed companies and seed out growers and for farmers groups and paddy off-takers based on best practices and trust
- Organize and implement market exposure visits for Sorghum farmers and processors for learning and awareness creation purposes
Actively participate in monitoring and evaluation of project implementation
Desired Skills and Experience
- A Nigerian National with Degree in Business Administration, Agricultural Economics or related fields, and/or additional training in Agricultural Market Development/ Entrepreneurship Development or a related field
- Should have a minimum of 5 years working experience with relevance in agriculture and agribusiness;
- Previous experience with private sector and hands on market linkages will be an added advantage
- Must be energetic, creative, and willing to learn
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have previous experience in agribusiness and be willing to spend long periods travelling and staying in rural areas
- Computer literacy with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications
- Proficiency in English language with excellent communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of Sorghum market development and information systems particularly within Nigeria
This is a nationally recruited staff position with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package payable in US dollars. The position is initially for two years, and extendable depending on performance of the incumbent and funding availability. An attractive compensation will be offered for the right candidate.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 25th May 2015, with a letter of motivation, latest Curriculum Vitae, and names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
Vacancy for an Editor at Information Nigeria
nformation Nigeria a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers is looking to employ an experienced editor.
– Supervise and be responsible for all content created and published on the Information Nigeria website.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or a related field.
Pay package includes industry standard salary and bonuses when certain milestones are met.
* Please send a cover letter, CV and 3 samples of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for Editor Position’
* Application Deadline is: 23rd June 2019
- Entertainment19 hours ago
Nse Ikpe-Etim Reacts To Desmond Elliot’s Call For Social Media Regulation
- National News17 hours ago
Lagos Govt Relaxes Curfew From 10pm To 6am
- News Feed17 hours ago
#EndSARS: People take time out to curse me in their prayers– Aisha Yesufu Reveals
- News Feed17 hours ago
Fans ‘kabash’, pray for Erica as she complains of Malaria, Typhoid
- National News23 hours ago
BREAKING: Lagos Panel Of Enquiry Visits Lekki Toll Gate
- News Feed9 hours ago
Burna Boy, Stefflon Don Unfollow Each Other On Instagram
- National News20 hours ago
Wike Ordered Police, Army To Kill IPOB Members, Nnamdi Kanu Alleges
- Entertainment23 hours ago
BBNaija’s Khloe Shares Raunchy Photos On Instagram