Bristow Group Inc., based in Houston, Texas, is the leading provider of helicopter services to the worldwide offshore energy industry based on the number of aircraft operated, and one of two helicopter service providers to the offshore energy industry with global operations. Bristow has proudly served the offshore oil transport industry in major exploration and production arenas for more than 50 years and has been responsible for many industry-leading technological innovations.
Job Title: Planning & Performance Manager – Africa Region
- To be responsible for the provision of world class analysis and information to drive performance improvement and decision making processes within the Africa Region.
- To take responsibility for providing Financial, Resource & Operational Planning within the Africa region.
- To be a key stakeholder in the drive to achieve Operational Excellence for the Africa region.
- To be fully responsible and accountable with the whole Africa team for achievement of Safety, Client Promise, Operational and Financial Targets and in doing so deliver on our commitments to our clients and shareholders.
- To be responsible with other Planning & Performance team members for developing standardized reporting globally.
- Formulation of Africa Short Term Plan (STP – One Year Commercial / Finance / Operational / Manpower / Capital Asset Plan) to include all local cost center planning.
- Forecasting – formulation and preparation of all Africa forecasts / updates to forecasts (Commercial / Financial)
- Long Term Planning (5 Year Plan – Formulation and preparation of 5 year Commercial / Financial / Operational / Manpower / Capital Asset Plan with full interaction/consultation with all Africa functional areas in business unit)
- Root Cause/Deep Dive Analysis of Key Financial Variances on monthly actual results – to include causes/determinants/control and performance enhancement recommendations for Africa area.
- Contributor to the achievement of Target Zero objectives for the Region Unit and to play a full part in the safety performance of the Business Unit.
- Preparation of all Africa AFE’s and Capital Projects for sign off by senior Business Unit management
- Preparation and evaluation of Business Cases for all major capital expenditure in the Africa region
- In conjunction with Marketing and Sales function, maintain CRM application with up to date Americas market and client specific data and assist in maintaining a current Africa client contracts register
- Africa region Headcount Reporting & Analysis and development of Iconnect to enhance analytics/reporting – to include full automation of reporting and on system reporting of total cost to company analysis
- Key Costings and Performance & Utilization Analysis for all Africa resources.
- Responsibility for Operating Capital Management for the region.
- Managing the business performance at a cost center level.
- Life Cycle Aircraft Cost Analysis
- Local BVA/Financial Training Champion
- Maintain Africa region demand schedules in conjunction with all functional workgroups
- Professional Business or Accounting Qualification desirable (CPA,MBA, CA Or equivalent business qualifications)
- Degree level minimum
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of business experience reflecting progressive growth in financial/operational team positions.
- Experience in coordinating planning and forecasting processes
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills combined with the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strategic Agility – Demonstrates ability to see ahead clearly while anticipating future consequences and trends accurately.
- Mental Agility – Must have strong analytical capabilities.
- Organizational Agility – Capable of accumulating knowledge about the organization/industry quickly with a clear understanding of how to get things done both internally and externally.
- Collaboration Agility – Must have a history of working successfully with other personnel and communicating on all levels of the organization. Must have the ability to relate and work alongside employees at all levels of the organization.
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Politics7 hours ago
BREAKING: Senator Abbo Dumps PDP; Joins APC
- News Feed23 hours ago
BBC Names Aisha Yesufu As One Of 100 Most Influential Women In The World
- News Feed7 hours ago
Lai Mohammed reacts to second report on Lekki tollgate shooting
- News Feed23 hours ago
COVID-19 vaccine: US embassy celebrates Nigerian doctor Ogbuagu
- National News10 hours ago
Family Of Slain Vendor Demands N500m Compensation From Gbajabiamila, Threatens Legal Action
- Entertainment8 hours ago
Socialite Pretty Mike And His 6 Pregnant Babymamas Make It To The Wendy Williams Show
- News Feed7 hours ago
Offa Polytechnic Student Union Government Gives Merit Award To Cultist Groups
- National News7 hours ago
BREAKING: Court Fixes Date For Ndume’s Bail Application