Guiness Nigeria Plc – We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world’s leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective & flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building activity. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do, and through this, will deliver sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories, customers and partners. Will you partner with us on this journey?
Job Title: National Commercial Effectiveness Director
Type of Job: Full Time – Exempt
Reports to: Commercial Director
• The Nigerian business is one of the largest single markets in Diageo Plc. The beer market in Nigeria has grown steadily over the last 20 years – however the market can be volatile year on year.
• The key players in the brewing industry now have spare production capacity so it’s a very exciting period for the beer market as all players fight for share and the consumer has a level of choice and value that makes them the real winners.
• Guinness Nigeria Plc has the right to win in the market, and is dependent upon strong consumer marketing partnered by a brilliant and progressive Route to Consumer (RtC) that truly unlocks the commercial opportunity. The RtC needs to be embedded with radical rigor in order to ensure brilliant execution in bar and for GNPlc to win at the moment of purchase and consumption.
• The Sales Effectiveness Director is a key contributor to the success of GNPLC and is instrumental in ensuring the business has a competitive route to Consumer as defined by: “Getting to more of the right places, doing the right job, with the right skill set and in the most efficient way”.
Purpose of Role
• To guarantee that GNPlc has the most effective and sustainable Route to Consumer.
• This will incorporate both primary distribution as well as route to consumer. Output will be an optimized Route to Consumer that supports delivery of the 2017 strategic plan. Director
Top 3 Accountabilities
1.) Route to Consumer
• Define optimal Route to Consumer solutions in existing and new territories
• Embed a defined route to consumer process that will ensure long term competitive advantage
2.) Project Management
• Produce and manage detailed project plans for the change work-streams including resource requirements
• Actively co-ordinate the resolution of major change management issues. Provide timely escalation of potential blocks to the project sponsor
3.) Change Management
• Fully understand, articulate and drive awareness, understanding, ownership and commitment of the change at all levels – strategic, tactical and operational
• Develop cost-effective change solutions (communication, training and organisation restructure).
• Population of change management impact assessment (resulting from the project) on external and internal parties.
• Actively manage stakeholder engagement from a programme perspective.
Qualifications and Experience Required
• Graduate with 10 years commercial expertise gained across trade channels, Customer Management and Consumer/Customer Marketing.
• Master’s degree or equivalent
• High knowledge of Retailing and Wholesaling, strong commercial judgement, strategic customer management, negotiation skills.
• Financially literate, understands and interprets financial data effectively.
• Must be an influencer of people, able to rally people behind a cause, co-ordinate multi-cultural and multi-functional groups and create positive energy within the region.
• Determination to make things happen in a complex environment, change management experience and proven ability to create consistency and efficiency across multiple businesses are key, as well as strong results and solutions orientation.
• Working experience with Distributors, Wholesalers, Retail Customers; ideally in different markets or Route to Market models
• Project Management experience, with a successful track record of delivery against project KPI’s and timelines
Flexible Working options
• Based in HQ but expected to spend a minimum of 30-50% of the time in Field