IITA is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of the tropics. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Ref No: IITA-HR-NRS2015/026
Background and Responsibilities
- Monitor project implementation activities; act as a point of contact for the Nigerian program and reporting matters in the absence of the M&E Special and project leader;
- Conduct and manage field trials; regular contacts with DVMs (Decentralized Vine Multipliers);
- Assist in handling all day-to-day monitoring, evaluation and administrative matters;
- Collection and analyses of data from field experiments;
- Assist in the design and implementation of survey;
- Enter monthly recorded data to update database and organize monthly summary of the activities;
- Work closely with key partners in tracking key outcome indicators;
- Offer administrative support to scientists and collaborators on projects, including visitors and students;
- Assist in organizing meetings, taking minutes of meetings and maintaining a database of contacts;
- Perform any other function as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
- University degree in Agronomy, General Agriculture or equivalent.
- Professional certification awarded by a relevant professional institute be an added advantage
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Deadline: 6th July, 2015
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply
Click here for more information
Note: Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.