CardinalStone is a full service investment banking firm operating out of Lagos Nigeria. The firm began operations in June 2008 and is currently registered by the Nigerian Securities & Exchange Commission to operate as an Issuing House, Fund Manager and Broker/Dealer. CardinalStone Securities Limited is the licensed Stockbroking subsidiary of CardinalStone Partners.
At CardinalStone, we believe that the quality of our people is a major determinant of our ability to consistently deliver on our clients’ expectations. Consequently, we seek to serve our clients with a diverse team of professionals who have demonstrated a strong commitment to intellectual vigour and professional excellence, in their respective areas of focus, through the course of their academic and professional experiences.
Job Title: Internal Control
- Formulate, direct and co-ordinate the delivery of excellent internal audit services in alignment with the Firm’s strategy and key objectives
- Review the accuracy of financial records, promote operational efficiency and ensure adherence to policies and procedures
- Develop an internal control testing methodology
- Examine procedures in existence to ensure that resources and assets of the Firm are safeguarded
- Evaluate information security and associated risk exposures
- Coordinate the review of accounting records to ensure proper records are maintained
- Review of financial statements as appropriate and liaise on regular basis with external auditors
- Ensure contract price and prices of purchased items are reasonable.
- Minimum Second Class Upper Degree from a reputable University in Finance/Accounting, Economics/Business Administration or any related field.
- Must hold a professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, or ACMA).
- Minimum of 3 years post-NYSC relevant professional experience in accounting or audit related functions with a Capital Markets Operator or Financial Institution.
The candidate must demonstrate the following skills:
- Superior analytical reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills – able to succinctly express complex ideas (verbally and in writing).
- Strong interpersonal skills, maturity and ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and highly organized.
- Efficient and goal oriented.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Application Deadline: 15th May, 2015.