Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
The Solution Architect is responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solution for the customers based on their specifications and business needs. Those solutions are based on the complete Ericsson portfolio and 3PP in the TV and Media Domain as well as the respective system integration Services. Close to the customer and partner with the KAM/AM in driving customer engagements by providing thought leadership, identifying and capturing opportunities, understanding customer pain points and challenges and translate them into technical solutions based also on viable business cases. In conjunction with the KAMs the role proactively drives customer dialogue to establish trust, build partnership, and generate sustainable business. The SA should be competent in handling constant change of scope and displaying leadership with respect to Ericsson resources as well as third party suppliers and subcontractors. As an SA you will be placed at the center of activities, entailing a high level of interaction with customers and internal organizations (Product Units, Marketing and Business Development teams). The role will require high performance in key dimensions like leadership, culture, ways of working, and top line growth.
The Solution Architect reports directly to the Line Manager.
The main responsibilities are:
- Develop and promote customer-centric E2E solutions in the TV and Media practice area and for cross practice engagements
- Analyze complex customer requirements and propose, dimension technical solution based on consultative approach securing technical solution fitting customer requirements and budget
- Responsible for short and long-term profitable business for Ericsson by being part of or work closely with the Core3 team to translate the customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals.
- Select or propose 3rd party suppliers/products for the Customer Solution
- Working with and managing customized solutions and products, including 3rd party products.
- Drive changes in the methods, processes and guidelines within the customer organization or internally. Also acts as a leader/mentor in day to day operations to provide insights for less experienced colleagues.
- Drive Add on sales and business opportunities during the entire process in order to contribute to increased sales volumes.
- Follow up the delivered products and solutions on an agreed regular basis with the customer to keep informed about the life cycle evolvement of the implemented customer solution.
- Contribute to build a culture & way of working characterized by proactive attitude, teamwork focus, strong performance ethics, high professionalism and high energy. Lead by example
- Increase share of customer pocket, Grow faster than the market
- Contributing to global best practice and reuse.
- Support the BU strategic decisions and product roadmaps to support the market and customer needs
- Be aware of competitors marketing and sales activities and price strategies.
- Establish strong relationship with the local, regional and global groups associated with the various solutions offerings.
- Participate and contribute in customer negotiations
- Qualified to degree standard or equivalent professional qualification (M.Sc. or MBA)
- Proven track record in driving and winning complex business in the TVM Domain
- Demonstrate industry specific experience covering no less than 10 years working for leading IT, or consulting companies.
- Strong and proven track record related to sales, business development and delivery of TV and Media related CSI services.
- Firm with all engagement models
- Strong CSI experience and skills
- Business management (incl. financials)
- Solution architect background in the TV and Media Domain (Multiscreen, MDN, MSDP, Backend, STB, STB Client, OTT Client, A/V Pipe, …)
- Strong technical experience and appreciation of market trends and issues related to Multimedia and CSI
- Substantial experience of leading and delivering Products, Systems Integration and IT related projects with telecoms operators
- In depth understanding of network operators IT & VAS organization, challenges and processes
- High Networking skills and ability to interact with diverse types of people
- The ability to work effectively, within a complex organization, through influence, exceptional self-motivation, leadership and team working skills
- Team player and a ‘supporting, persuading and coaching’ leadership style which brings people together to form effective teams
- Open to change, change Agent / Leader, Creative, with an innovative mind-set to spot new opportunities
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Excellent internal and external communication skills
- Good written and spoken English skills
- Financial awareness
- Results oriented and highly motivated
Other relevant competences/skills
- Existing relevant network
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Entertainment22 hours ago
‘The People Who Don’t Know You Are The Ones Who Help You Succeed’ – Wathoni Ayansi
- Entertainment8 hours ago
Faithia Williams Condoles Iyabo Ojo Over Mother’s Death
- Entertainment23 hours ago
BBNaija’s Kaisha Signs Two New Endorsement Deals
- News Feed22 hours ago
Kidnapped APC Chairman Found Dead
- Entertainment23 hours ago
‘Focus On Physical Attraction, Then Character, When Choosing Life Partner’: Reno Omokri
- News Feed22 hours ago
I am not really happy in life — DJ Cuppy
- News Feed22 hours ago
Vee Reacts After She Was Mocked For Signing Endorsement Deal With Brand That Allegedly Sells Bleaching Cream
- News Feed22 hours ago
I’ll choose you to be my husband over and over – Patience Jonathan tells her hubby, Goodluck