Here are twenty-one of my best lessons:
1. People don’t “fight” for things in the same way, and breakups often require some “fighting through” to achieve clarity.
2. Just because they are not blowing up your phone, showing up with flowers, sending long emails or otherwise begging to get back with you doesn’t mean they don’t care or that it all meant “nothing.”
3. You should probably sit on any emails/texts for 24 hours before sending. Sit on them forever if they have not responded to several already.
4. What is meant to be will find its way back to you. It may not be now, or in a month or even a year; the only thing we can do is trust our journey.
5. Have faith in the fact that you are right where you need to be with — and without — whom you need to be with.
6. It’s not fair to suddenly break the promises you made in the relationship. Secrets need to stay secrets. Breaking trust says more about your character than theirs.
7. Trying to piece the full story through social media posts is like trying to navigate through the ocean on a cardboard box. In fact, block them. I know it’s hard. You want to see what’s going on. Just remember they know you’re watching. Don’t give them that power.
8. Don’t get so caught on their sudden rejection of you that you miss the fact that you left them for a very good reason. Some people are really, really good at flipping the script, and before you know it, you’ve lost sight of reality and are chasing acceptance and acknowledgement.
9. Be weary of any information offered up by their friends.
10. There’s zero honor in texting and texting someone who can’t be decent enough to respond. Text your friends instead. Note: Please trust me on this one. I once texted an ex so much that his WhatsApp could be published as a trilogy if printed and bound. Guess what? It brought about nothing positive. No closure, no kindness, nada.
11. You don’t have to be perfect. You may say and do things you regret. Everyone else does this, too. Forgive yourself.
12. Do like Duchess Catherine: Don’t sit in and cry, go out and dance. You may not feel up to it, but your life cannot stop. In fact, it moves on faster when it doesn’t.
13. Your friends do not have any better an idea of what he or she is thinking or feeling than you do. Talk as much as you’d like about it with them and learn from their wisdom—just understand it is not the gospel.
14. It doesn’t feel like it right now, but you will find love again (and there are plenty of people to find it with). In fact, you will be so, so, so happy this didn’t work out. I know, you want to kick me right now, but trust me, it’s true.
15. Go to the gym. Go for a run. Release endorphins. Lay off the ice cream. Work off the wine.
16. That being said, there is zero shame in drinking wine and singing Otis Redding and Patsy Cline. In fact, making a dramatic scene like this usually makes you feel utterly ridiculous and you giggle a little at yourself.
17. What’s Love Got To Do With It? is always better than The Notebook in times such as these.
18. Now would be a good time to invest in you: your job, your career, your home, your health, your wardrobe … Do. Not. Cut. Or. Dye. Your. Hair.
19. Sleeping with your hot model friend is not going to fix this. OK, it might be super fun and take your mind off of it for a little while, but it’s still not good idea.
20. You’re still going to do it anyway. Sigh.
21. Do what you feel is right and grieve on your own timeline. Nobody has to understand. Repeat after me: Feelings are not facts.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment11 hours ago
‘You Are A Disgrace’ – Actress Adesua Etomi Knocks Lauretta Onochie Over Her Tweet
- Metro News14 hours ago
Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter
- National News12 hours ago
‘Your Report On Lekki Capable Of Setting Nigeria On Fire’ — Lai Writes CNN
- National News11 hours ago
Petrol Subsidy Not Completely Gone, Says Minister
- National News14 hours ago
Amaechi Apologises For Abuja-Kaduna Train Breakdown
- Entertainment8 hours ago
‘Why I Don’t Promote My Old Songs’ – BBNaija’s Vee
- Politics14 hours ago
Fashola: If We Keep Our Promises, APC Will Retain Power In 2023
- Politics14 hours ago
Saraki Leads PDP’s Nati youonal Reconciliation Panel