RS Technologies is a software development company envisioned to provide diverse software solutions and services to industries in Africa and beyond. It is a Nigerian based company Specialized in custom software development; our charge is to work closely with clients to meet their defined objectives.
The vast and diverse experiences of the team give us comfort in transforming business ideas into brilliant results. We plough in adequate resources on any software project we handle within a set time and standard of the company to produce a most reliable application or service needs. We give the best of satisfaction in any project we handle, both standard and custom projects. When handling custom project(s), we focus our understanding on the unique business objective and operations as early approach to meeting the business needs. We then take it up from there to deliver solutions that are robust, economical and satisfactorily on target to the organization that contracted with us.
Our proven records in the areas of Custom Software Development, E-commerce Solutions Development, Web Development, Legacy Applications Reconstruction, Project Recovery, Consulting and Quality Assurance, speak volume
SENIOR ASP.NET DEVELOPER JOB DESCRIPTION (RS00150001)
We are seeking a highly skilled Senior ASP.NET developer with a strong background in building scalable, predictable, high-quality and high-performance web applications on the Microsoft technology stack. You will be responsible for building and maintaining Web Applications portals from the ground up in addition to supporting existing products, adding functionality and reacting to Client needs as they arise. This person will work with a team of experienced analysts, developers and business resources to build highly-performing enterprise systems.
· Full stack development – Build new systems with Microsoft technologies such as asp.net mvc, boostrap, Entity framework, SQL Server and everything in between – MVC, Web API, WCF, Entity Framework, etc
· Work alongside dedicated Scrum Master, QA and other developers in a cross-skill team to develop and deliver high quality code in lightning fast time
· Using XP practices such as pair programming TDD and its variants to develop high quality maintainable code
· Refactor and iteratively upgrade older parts of the platform to use the latest tech and design patterns while still delivering business value
· All other responsibilities as assigned
Skills / Attributes Required
· A strong knowledge of Unit Testing / Inversion of Control / Factory Patterns / Revealing Module Patterns / Inheritance
· 2(+) years experience as a developer
· 2(+) years experience with ASP.NET/VB.NET.
· 2(+) years working with SQL Server (2005/2008 preferred) + Oracle Database.
· Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and computer science foundations, such as memory management and low-level algorithm performance.
· Strong experience designing and working with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer) along with some experience with service-oriented architectures (SOA).
· Must be able to develop solution based on functional specification
· Ability to integrate third party products
· Experience deploying and configuring .Net applications on servers a must
· Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary.
· Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills.
· Experience using reporting systems like Crystal report or DevExpress
· Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
· REST-based Web services experience using ASP.NET, Web-API
Mobile: Xamarin, PhoneGap / Cordova, Native application development
Desktop: WPF; Windows 8 applications
Tools: Visual Studio, TFS, Team City
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, natural sciences or a related area is preferred.
- Microsoft certifications are a plus.
Sales Executive (RS00150002)
The Sales Executive is expected to prospect and develop new customer leads, introduce the suite of products on our Catalog – Human Resource Management, Payroll Management, Educational Information management System, Medical Laboratory Management Software, etc., and close deals. This is a direct sales position with a regional geographic territory.
· Achieve/exceed annual sales quota
· Qualify leads and sales opportunities
· Direct company resources in pursuit of a winning account strategy
· Prospect and open up new accounts, excellent phone selling skills
· Use analytical and selling skills to understand the customer, their business and technology issues and needs
· Candidates should have 5 years of successful business-to-business software sales experience…direct and new business focused (not channel or partner based).
· Proven track record of success in creating and managing a robust pipeline of potential new customer base and territory.
· Highly motivated and professional with excellent communication skills, highly confident and goal-oriented.
· Knowledge of software application testing, Cloud technologies, Internet architecture, and/or IT infrastructure.
· Must have high ethics, integrity, and humility and have a desire to be part of a rapidly growing sale and support organization.
· Experience in software start-up and competitive software sales environments.
· Fast learner and at ease with technology.
Database Administrator / Developer (RS00150003)
RS Technologies is seeking an experienced Database Administrator/Developer who can bring industry best practices and methodologies to the company’s expanding information technology environment. This position will support database operations on Microsoft SQL Server databases and Oracle 10g Databases. The database environment includes a number of relational and dimensional models. The database administrator will also be responsible for ensuring business continuity through daily backup of all databases and administering data across multiple global locations. The successful candidate will also participate in the analysis, design, implementation, testing, installation, and documentation of new database related development.
- Scheduling and monitoring all SQL Jobs
- Participating in off-hours on-call rotation
- Daily communication of server status
- Timely resolution of all problems
- Performing SQL Server installations, updates, and upgrades
- Designing & develop processes to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data between disparate systems using SQL Server Integration Services, stored procedures, and functions
- Database performance tuning
- Manage data backup and recovery activities and planning
- Act as a team member providing project and technical leadership
- Provide regular project and system updates to IT management
Skills / Attributes Required
- Experience with SQL 2012 and Oracle 11g is highly preferable
- 3-5 years’ experience and extensive, hands-on knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 database and Oracle 10g/11g development and administration
- 1 to 3 years’ experience with SQL Server 2005/2008 Reporting Services (SSRS), Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS), Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS), Microsoft Office Performance Point Server
- Experience with Oracle SQL Developer
- Experience with SQL Server in a clustered environment
- Working knowledge of network communications, Multi-tiered Architecture, .Net applications, SharePoint Services.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and analytical skills with detail oriented mind set
- BA/BS in computer Science/Business or related area
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a team-based development environment
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and to work within a structured consulting project methodology
- Ability to solve technical issues independently or with limited guidance
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical designs
- Self-guided and able to guide/mentor others
USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER (RS00150004)
We are looking for a user experience designer with strong interests and capabilities in the design and development of engaging user experiences. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. This individual will bring highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to a design engagement. A thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies is a must.
· Executing interaction design and visual design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
· Collaborating on user experience planning with a lead experience architect
· Consulting with clients and lead experience architect
· Researching interaction design trends
· Researching technology trends
Skills /Attributes Required
· Two or more years of user experience design experience for software, Web applications which leverage emergent technologies and mobile devices
· Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability and drawing skills
· Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail
· Ability to create wireframes as well as visual design comps
· Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks and associated design tools
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Understanding of common software project management practices
· Understanding of common software development practices
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Entertainment18 hours ago
Singer Davido Reveals Secret To Staying Rich (Photo)
- Entertainment20 hours ago
“Manipulative As Ever People” – Erica‘s Manager Drags Laycon Over Interview
- Entertainment20 hours ago
Mike Edwards’ Wife, Perri Shares Lovely Family Photo On Instagram
- Entertainment23 hours ago
VIDEO: Weird Controversies Trail Wedding Ceremony Of Nigerian Actor, Williams Uchemba
- News Feed18 hours ago
Smoking Weed Is The First Sign Of A Useless Boyfriend -Nigerian Lady Says
- Entertainment20 hours ago
“Start Saving Your Money Now”- Kiddwaya Advises Celebrity Friends
- Entertainment20 hours ago
‘Life Is A Journey, Not A Competition’ – Crossdresser Jay Boogie Throws Shade At Bobrisky
- Entertainment18 hours ago
Actress Linda Osifo Recounts How She Got Teased About Her Tribal Marks