The immediate past Governor of Ekiti State, Dr Kayode Fayemi, has said the All Progressives Congress has strong evidence against President Goodluck Jonathan over his alleged plot to foist an Interim Government on Nigeria.
Fayemi’s assertion came on the heels of an allegation by the national leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu that he was offered the position of Vice President in an interim government being planned by Jonathan.
The APC leader also claimed that following his rejection of the offer, which he said was aimed at breaking the ranks of the opposition, the Peoples Democratic Party-led federal government was planning to assassinate him.
Fayemi, who said spoke in Aramoko Ekiti on Saturday during the 40-day Fidau for the late Pa Jejelola Akingbolu and Mrs Raliat Akingbolu, also lambasted his successor, Governor Ayodele Fayose, for allegedly lying against the APC Presidential Candidate, Gen. Muhamadu Buhari (retd.), over his health status.
“We have heard somebody whose own definition of politics is about lying, saying Gen Buhari was taken to a hospital in London. Buhari never went to hospital throughout the 10 days he was in London because I was with him throughout.
“Fayose even used his mother as an example of how people who are old used to behave just because he wanted to drive home a point that Gen Buhari was sick. This is like disgracing his own mother in the public and it is against the value Ekiti is known for”.
The ex-governor said President Jonathan could not deny that he invited Tinubu to be part of the planned Interim Government, saying the APC leader made the allegation in good faith and not to spite the president or heat up the polity.
“President Jonathan is becoming desperate by the day and he would stop at nothing to return to government. You know what they did in Ekiti. So, there was nothing Tinubu said that was not verifiable.
“I have evidence that he was invited to be part of Interim Government as a way of dividing us as a prominent member of our party. There is absolutely nothing they cannot do to distract us because they could see that Presidency is gradually slipping off their hands.
“It was good that these alarms were being raised and put in the front burner that there was a sinister intention to subvert the will of the people.
“What Nigerians are looking for now is for the elections to be held on March 28 as scheduled by INEC and for the victor who was overwhelmingly elected by the popular votes to be announced.
“We as party leaders and members of opposition are ready to congratulate the winner, but if they go ahead and subvert the will of the people, they will surely go to jail”, he declared.
Fayemi assured that Buhari will keep to his promise not to dig into the financial corruption perpetrated in the past under Jonathan if that was what members of the ruling party were afraid of.
“Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) said he won’t look into the past. He said he will draw the line on the very day he took over and I don’t know why President Jonathan, who has the paraphernalia of office is afraid of election.
“There was nothing the PDP, even as a ruling party, has not done to ensure that these elections are not held. We have heard about the sewing of fake Army uniform, we have heard about how they want to use the Army to rig the election, we have seen attempt to sack Prof. Attahiru Jega, we have heard about how they have been preaching about religion, talking about the health of Gen. Buhari and the way they had been canvassing for postponement of elections and non-usage of card readers. The big question still remains, why are they afraid of election?”
The ex-governor declared that the government of Jonathan would be held responsible, if anything untoward should happen to Tinubu.
“If Jonathan loses this election, he can still get whatever he wants. It is a matter of negotiation with Buhari, who had promised not to probe the past governments.
“But I want to say that we will hold Jonathan’s government responsible, if even the minutest thing happens to Tinubu”, he concluded.
National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over ‘Disappointing, Empty’ Speech – PDP
Recall that Buhari in his speech called for an end to the protest, adding that his government had already accepted and started implementing demands of the protesters.
He, however, failed to acknowledge the shooting of protesters by soldiers of the Nigerian Army at the Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.
Reacting in a statement on Thursday night by its spokesperson, Kola Ologbodinyan, the PDP said Buhari’s address was depressing and failed empathy test.
The party appealed to Nigerians, particularly the youth, to remain calm and allow a return to normal life in the collective quest for peaceful co-existence in the overall interest of the nation.
PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Killing Of #EndSARS Protesters Across Nigeria
This was contained in a statement titled “EndSARS- Lekki Massacre,” signed by the PDP National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, late on Tuesday.
Ologbodiyan said, “The Peoples Democratic Party, condemns in very strong terms, the killing of peaceful protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos as well as other parts of our country.
“It is shocking that security agents and, in some cases, thugs, were reportedly deployed to end the lives of promising Nigerians. This, to say the least, is saddening.
“Those responsible for the heinous murder of the innocent and harmless Nigerians must account for their nefarious acts.
“The PDP calls on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately direct an end to these wanton killings across our nation.
#EndSARS: Gov Bello Warns Protesters Against Overthrowing Buhari
He stated this during an interview with Africa Independent Television AIT on Monday night.
Bello called on his fellow state governors to tack charge in their respective states so as to prevent loss of lives and properties due to attacks by hoodlums.
He, however, warned Nigerian youths to resist the temptation of using the current situation in the country to seek an undemocratic change in leadership.
The Governor warned that those interested in the presidency must wait till 2023 and go through democratic processes.
He urged the protesting youths to leave the streets and embrace dialogue.
- Entertainment23 hours ago
‘It’s Really Sad That Fashola Is Part Of The Pantomime’ – OAP Toolz Reacts To Camera Found At Tollgate
- Entertainment45 mins ago
“I Don’t Think You’d Ever Lose Me, My Feelings For You Won’t Change” – Neo Promises Vee (Video)
- National News7 hours ago
‘You Cannot Gag The Press’ -Fani-Kayode Reacts To NBC Fine On Media Houses
- News Feed14 hours ago
Nigerian Lawyer, Adegboruwa reacts to Fashola’s ‘discovery’ of camera at Lekki tollgate
- News Feed23 hours ago
A woman that is focused about her future won’t be buying a hair worth of 100k: Twitter User
- News Feed23 hours ago
Excited groom shares photos of his wedding ceremony
- News Feed14 hours ago
25 out of 1900 escaped prisoners return to Correctional Centre in Edo
- National News8 hours ago
Biafra: IPOB Can’t Use Rivers To Launch Attacks – Wike