Connect with us

Politics

Allegation Of Compromise Against NEDG Vindicates Us, Jonathan Got ‘Expo’ – APC Campaign

Published

on

NEDGThe All Progressives Congress Presidential Campaign Organisation (APCPCO) said on Sunday it had been vindicated on its stance not to participate in the presidential campaign debates owing to the outbreak of rumpus among the organizers, the Nigeria Election Debate Group (NEDG), has been compromised.

The Director, Media and Publicity of the APCPCO, Mallam Garba Shehu, in a press statement on Sunday, noted that sordid details coming out of organizations of the debate would have tainted the APC presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), had he presented himself to the group.

It would be recalled that a civil society group with knowledge of the workings of the NEDG, Value and Integrity Group, alleged at a press conference on Friday that a First Bank account opened for the NEDG had the Founder of a private television network, who is also a known supporter of the PDP and President Goodluck Jonathan, as sole signatory, even though he is not listed as one of the directors of the NEDG.

The group also alleged that the leading private television’s network address was used for the documentation of the First Bank account instead of the NEDG’s office address.

According to leaders of the Value and Integrity Group, Sina Odugbemi and Popoola Ajayi, co-ordinator and secretary respectively, “an initial deposit of N1 million was paid into the said First Bank account, and on March 28, 2011, another N20 million belonging to the NEDG was paid into the personal account of the said Founder of the leading private television network”.

“We at the APC Presidential Campaign got the eye-opening news of the press conference by the Value and Integrity Group accusing the Nigeria Election Debate Group, the crux of the allegation being that some members of the NEDG have been monetarily influenced.

“Although the group failed to mention from what source the monies came from, we had taken a position, based on intelligence made available to us that the PDP has compromised the integrity of an unnamed few in the NEDG with huge and ridiculous sums of money.

“And watching President Goodluck Jonathan reading from a prepared script gleefully as he answered questions in the debate confirmed our suspicion that there will be ‘expo’ – a Nigerian word for leaked question ahead of an examination.

“Without a fore-knowledge of the question to be asked, how did the president come with prepared answers?

“These two scenarios: The allegation of corrupt inducements in the NEDG and the president reading from a prepared script during the debate validates our reasons for abstaining from the debate”.

Continue Reading
2 Comments

2 Comments

  1. Bestman

    March 23, 2015 at 8:23 am

    Fabricated words

  2. t2m

    March 23, 2015 at 8:25 pm

    Ok, the platform was comprised. I wonder if APC think the audience are too dumb to figure out for themselves or they are just scared their candidate wont do well in the debate. Whether the debate was compromised or not the APC would have seized the opportunity of selling its idea of CHANGE which is the slogan of the party for even its coucillorship candidate. The reason for boycotting the debate is not good enough in my opinion.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Killing Of #EndSARS Protesters Across Nigeria

Published

on

PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Killing Of #EndSARS Protesters Across Nigeria

PDP

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has condemned the killing of peaceful #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos.

This was contained in a statement titled “EndSARS- Lekki Massacre,” signed by the PDP National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, late on Tuesday.

Ologbodiyan said, “The Peoples Democratic Party, condemns in very strong terms, the killing of peaceful protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos as well as other parts of our country.

Also Read: Shehu Sani Condemns Shooting Of #EndSARS Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate

“It is shocking that security agents and, in some cases, thugs, were reportedly deployed to end the lives of promising Nigerians. This, to say the least, is saddening.

“Those responsible for the heinous murder of the innocent and harmless Nigerians must account for their nefarious acts.

“The PDP calls on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately direct an end to these wanton killings across our nation.

 

Continue Reading

Politics

#EndSARS: Gov Bello Warns Protesters Against Overthrowing Buhari

Published

on

Gov Yahaya Bello
#EndSARS: Gov Bello Warns Protesters Against Overthrowing Buhari

Governor Bello

The Governor of Kogi State, Yahaya Bello has declared his intention to lead the #EndSARS protest against police brutality ongoing nationwide.

He stated this during an interview with Africa Independent Television AIT on Monday night.

Bello called on his fellow state governors to tack charge in their respective states so as to prevent loss of lives and properties due to attacks by hoodlums.

Also Read: Fayemi Names Members Of Judicial Panel On Human Rights Violations By Police

He, however, warned Nigerian youths to resist the temptation of using the current situation in the country to seek an undemocratic change in leadership.

The Governor warned that those interested in the presidency must wait till 2023 and go through democratic processes.

He urged the protesting youths to leave the streets and embrace dialogue.

https://twitter.com/jeffreyetuss/status/1318273749565739011?s=19

Continue Reading

Politics

#EndSARS: Protesters Rain Curses On Me: Femi Adesina

Published

on

Why Buhari has travelled to the UK again - Femi Adesina
#EndSARS: Protesters Rain Curses On Me – Buhari’s Aide, Adesina

Femi Adesina

Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina has revealed that he has been receiving curses from Nigerians through phone calls and text messages over a false report that he advised his principal to shun protesters.

Adesina stated in an article he wrote titled: “An Enemy of the People’ published on Thursday evening.

Also Read: #EndSARS: Nigerians Recount Their Horrible Ordeals In The Hands Of Thugs In Police Uniform

Adesina denied that he advised President Buhari for whatever reasons on the End SARS protesters, but said an online platform falsely accused him that he told Buhari to “ignore the protests and not give in to the demands of ‘Twitter warriors’.

He explained that his telephone numbers were posted on social media, thereby, making people reach out to him with curses.

Continue Reading

Trending