Metro News

Pastors Were Given N7bn, Not N6bn To Vote For Jonathan – Cleric

GEJThere seems to be no end to the controversy surrounding the allegation by Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, that President Goodluck Jonathan gave pastors across the country N6bn to vote against the Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), in the presidential election.

A Borno-based Pastor, Kallamu Musa-Dikwa, who weighed in on the controversy Thursday, said that the money that was disbursed to pastors by the president was actually N7bn and not N6bn as widely reported by Amaechi, who is also the Director-General of the APC Presidential Campaign Organisation.

The Rivers governor had raised not a few eyebrows recently when he alleged that unnamed leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party paid N6bn to some pastors to campaign against Buhari and the APC.

The governor’s allegation caused a stir among Christian clerics, with the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria and the Northern State Christian Elders Forum asking Amaechi to mention names rather than make a sweeping allegation.

But Musa-Dikwa, who is the Executive Director of the Voice of Northern Christian Movement, shed more light yesterday on the controversy in Kaduna, when he said the money was channelled through the Christian Association of Nigeria.

He said the CAN got the said money (N7bn) on January 26, 2015 and disbursed N3m to each State chapter of the CAN across the country.

Musa-Dikwa, who was an Associate Pastor with the E. Y. N. Church, Farm Centre, Dikwa Road, Maiduguri, Borno State, under Rev. Emmanuel Kwajihe between 2002 and 2004, said claimed that CAN had started threatening Christians in the state (Borno) that they must re-elect Jonathan in the rescheduled election.

He said, “It was N7bn that was given to the CAN leadership by President Goodluck Jonathan. They (CAN) later disbursed N3m to the State Chairmen of the CAN.

“The money was handed over to the CAN Leadership on 26th January, 2015.

“Actually, President Jonathan is using CAN President, and it was the CAN President who collected the monies and shared N3m to the CAN executives in each state.

“And some Pentecostal Bishops also collected their share. Actually, the money is not N6bn, it is N7bn. This is what I know. One of the CAN officials from Abuja told me that they have collected the money. The corruption in CAN is terrible. They are corrupting the body of Christ because of money.

“They are now threatening Christians in Borno State that they will deal with anybody, who refuses to vote for Jonathan. And the CAN officials are now campaigning that if Buhari emerges President, he will Islamise Nigeria; and that Osinbajo collected monies from Islamic world; and that the same Osinbajo will resign soon after Buhari wins to give way for Tinubu to emerge Vice President”.

In a counter-reaction, CAN’s Director of National Issues, Elder Sunday Oibe, said it was a mere allegation.

“In law, they say, he who alleges must prove, it is left for those who alleged to prove their allegations and name the Pastors that were given money”, he said.

Similarly, the Secretary of CAN in Kaduna, Reverend Sunday Ibrahim said, “This is state CAN and I don’t know whether money was given to anybody, but whoever can prove this should come out and do so. I don’t know anything about this issue”.

1. victor

February 20, 2015 at 6:38 pm

shame on all of them! Parading as the body of christ; yet at night they move about commiting atrocities dividing nigeria on the basis of religion. CAN my foot!

2. makei talk

February 20, 2015 at 8:29 pm

How much Sir, have you collected to spread unfounded rumors against your fellow pastors. You are already partisan in your politics. The pastors can vote for who ever they so desire, just as you are free to dine & dance with Amaechi, Tinubu, and Buhari.

3. ota tade

February 20, 2015 at 9:32 pm

Politics is capable of disunitying families, friends, units and groups. Christians must be very careful. All I know is that Amaechi is a very ambitious and desperate politician and a liar, who claims to be a lawyer. Ask Dr Peter Odili.

4. christy west Ebili

February 20, 2015 at 9:45 pm

No right thinking christian will sell his birth right by voting an infidel!

5. ogbeni Soji

February 21, 2015 at 12:11 am

Let any pastor who is bold enough come out to preach that one should vote for a particular candidate.

6. emeka

February 21, 2015 at 7:31 am

God go punish all dis pastors
    ..nd goodluck our chibok girls….poor pple dies everyday.

7. abbey

February 21, 2015 at 9:07 am

can,,, can,,,,, can,,,,, again

8. BIGGER IS BETTER

February 21, 2015 at 10:05 am

Why does CAN keep getting into trouble?

9. Yinka

February 21, 2015 at 5:39 pm

If 3 million naira each was given to state CAN, what happens to the rest???

10. FL

February 21, 2015 at 6:45 pm

I hate it wen pastors lie, this pastor shud be sure of wat he is saying ooo cos there is Heaven and Hell, he should remember that God is watching him and lying is a sin.

11. tyolum agber

February 21, 2015 at 7:02 pm

Wait let sit down first before I finish with CAN so this he goat jonathan with his corrupt body went there corrupt the house of god. And for that pastor the case you where give will be o pound you the the members of the church full

Metro News

Femi Otedola Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting

Femi Otedola Finally Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting
Femi Otedola

Femi Otedola

Nigerian businessman, Femi Otedola has finally reacted to the shooting that took place at Lekki Tollgate, Lagos on Tuesday.

Information Nigeria recalls men dressed in military wears opened fire on unarmed #EndSARS protesters, who convened at the area.

Otedola took to his Instagram page on Sunday to commiserate with the families of those who lost their lives in the unfortunate incident.

Sharing a photo of the Nigerian flag, he wrote;

“The horrors that have been unfolding in our country have left me filled with sadness. I deeply commiserate with those who have lost their loved ones and as a father, I share the sentiment of my three daughters who protested in Lagos and London. As a young boy of 16, I participated in the ‘Ali Must Go Protest’ of 1978, so I understand the determination of our youths who rightly want our country to be better. We must all do our part to make Nigeria great! I will continue to do my own quota in providing for those who are most in need of support in our country in these tough times .…F.Ote💲”

Read Also: Femi Otedola Spotted Dancing With His Children (Video)

Otedola’s post

Otedola’s post

Metro News

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” – Brother Claims

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” - Brother Claims
Oke

Oke

Information Nigeria recalls a graphics designer identified as Oke, was killed hours after tweeting “Nigeria will not kill me” on Wednesday.

It was reported that the young man had passed away after he was hit by a stray bullet.

The deceased’s younger brother, Daniel has come out to clear the air regarding the circumstances leading to his death.

Daniel revealed his brother was stabbed on the neck by thugs who infiltrated and ransacked their home.

In his words;

Good day, My name is Obi-Enadhuze Daniel younger brother of the now deceased Okechukwu Obi-Enadhuze @O_Okee . I, my brother and mother lived at makinde police barracks, mafoluku, Oshodi, Lagos State.

Today at about 11 o’clock in the morning the police station at makinde was attacked by thugs who wanted to destroy the station, I my mom and brother were holed up in our house.

The attack went on for hours before the thugs eventually breached the police and proceeded to set the station on fire, after accomplishing this they set their sights to the barracks and began the assault, they proceeded to destroy every car in the barracks, my mom’s 2 cars where destroyed and set on fire and then they infiltrated our house by breaking the door they then proceeded to ransack the house and carted away with everything we own.

my brother on trying to get them to take everything but spare us was pushed to my mom’s room and stabbed on the neck, the attacker then proceeded to attack me but missed my neck but got my chin instead, after this my mom and I carried my brothers body to the entrance of the station soliciting for help from the thugs still ravaging the barracks, we were finally able to put him in a wheelbarrow and took him to a hospital where he was rejected because “he was already dead” unfazed we moved him to another hospital where he met the same treatment this was where he bled his last drops of blood and died, his body has now been moved to a morgue

we have lost every single thing we own, as our house was completely ransacked and set on fire the only thing left is my brothers phone and at about 8 o’clock this evening the barracks was still on fire but Okechukwu has paid with the ultimate price

I and my mother are homeless with nothing now but we’re safe for now, we thank everyone that has been able to reach out to us, and were able to share consoling words with us in these trying times, God bless you

While we were holed up in the house the three of us said these words together and we say it again ” THREE OF US ARE HERE, THREE OF US ARE TOGETHER, THREE OF US ARE SAFE”

Let it be known that my brother @O_Okee  was NOT killed by a police bullet but died a hero protecting my mother and I.

If you see this please retweet, let the world know how Okechukwu died. He was NOT killed by a police bullet but thugs in his home!”

Read Also: RIP Oke: Barely 3hours After Tweeting “Nigeria Will Not End Me” #EndSARS Protester Dies From Gunshot

Metro News

Youths Burn Down Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)Lagos youths have set the family house of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on fire.

This was after the Governor said that no nobody was killed during the shooting by soldiers at Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Sanwo-Olu had debunked claims that the soldiers opened fire and killed some peaceful protesters.

Recall that men of the Nigerian Army reportedly opened fire on protesters following the declaration of 24 hours curfew by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwolu.

Bullets fired by security operatives hit some persons and at least two persons have been confirmed killed by the police and many injured

Voices in viral footage blamed the shootings on soldiers.

However, the angry youth attacked several important places such as Nigeria Port Authority, TVC News, and the family house of the Governor where his mother resides.