Nigerdock’s fabrication yard is the standard by which excellence in the industry is measured. It has delivered on the country’s most important oil & gas construction projects including Total’s Usan and Akpo fields, ExxonMobil’s Erha and MIPS projects, Chevron’s Agbami and Escarvos Gas Projects as well as Shell’s Bonga project. The company’s capability includes construction of FPSO topside process modules, offshore platforms, flares, bridges and has built several of the world’s largest deepwater SPM buoys. The company is focused on becoming an FPSO topside integration centre for the industry.
Nigerdock is committed to the highest safety standards in the industry and has defined and maintained Health, Safety and Environmental Manuals, Policies and Procedures for all of its operations. The company’s workforce is consistently trained in the safe working practices of their individual fields.
PURPOSE / ROLE
KEY AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
Prime responsibilities and duties
- The primary responsibilities for this role will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Full responsibility for profit & loss for the Fabrication and Construction division.
- Providing clear business plans and strategies for growth.
- Manage the overall fabrication operations by offering technical and commercial leadership
- Responsible operationally to ensure the delivery of:
- Appropriate Quality Management processes and procedures, compliant with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Ensure Fabrication and Construction departments meet all HSSE and QA/QC regulations and are strictly followed to ensure all employees are working in a safe environment.
- Ensure all tools are available so that quality, cost and schedule targets can be met.
- Ensure effective resourcing planning is implemented and that resource skills match current and future resource requirements through training.
- Able to guide the team of workshop managers, production planning engineers, supervisors and technicians in process improvement techniques and continuous improvement programs
- Capable of identifying costs such as indirect, direct, fixed, variable, capital etc. in order to arrive at actual cost of production for all processes involved in the fabrication operations in consultation with Accounts Department so that preparation of estimates for both internal and external clients can be facilitated.
- Capable of guiding the team in the preparation of tenders.
- Familiar with all aspects of fabrication factory management including manpower & material planning, process optimization and adoption of industry best practices etc.
- Review documents relating to production processes, procedures and policies and amend them as necessary to enhance the overall efficiency and profitability of the business.
- Acquire, motivate and develop the team including recruitment of additional personnel and organizing mentoring and job-specific training in consultation with HR department, ensuring that the Company’s commitment to National Content Development are met.
- Ensure that the Fabrication division develops maintains and constantly improves its relationship with key third party sub-contractors and JV partners as required to deliver the service.
- Defines and elaborates the scope of work for external contracting and in-house execution for all phases of the work.
- Senior management team of Nigerdock
- Supporting disciplines, e.g. facilities and procurement
- Key Vendors and Service Providers
The ideal candidate will have at least 20 years’ experience of oil and gas multi-discipline fabrication and construction projects execution. In addition, you must have:
- A minimum of at least 5 years in the position of the full operation of a large fabrication yard.
- Must have significant experience at a senior level within a medium sized company having delivered to Blue Chip clients or a blue chip organization with specific accountabilities in integrated fabrication yard operations and the associated financial and commercial management of the yard.
- Experience of International based assignments with demonstrable evidence of being able to mentor other nationals effectively and be committed to mentoring locals.
- Be able to demonstrate highest delivery standards in management of Quality Assurance and HSE.
- University degree in a related field is essential.
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Entertainment22 hours ago
BBNaija’s Kiddwaya, Erica Arrive In Sierra Leone; Susan Waya Asks Fans To Pray For Them
- National News22 hours ago
Shehu Sani Reacts To Hisbah’s Call For Scrapping Of Black Friday
- News Feed20 hours ago
Residents troop out after huge crocodile was killed in Anambra
- Entertainment6 hours ago
Alleged Abortion: ‘I Am Not A Murderer’ – Ultimate Love Star, Rosie Says In Touching Video
- News Feed20 hours ago
Cleric Warns Bobrisky, Reveals When He Will Die (Video)
- Entertainment6 hours ago
Tiwa Savage’s ‘Celia’ Makes Time’s 10 Best Albums Of 2020
- News Feed20 hours ago
Dead Man Made To Sit On A Chair At His Own Funeral (Photos + Video)
- News Feed20 hours ago
”Somebody Somewhere Is Depending On You To Do What God Has Called You To Do”-Naira Marley