Connect with us

Metro News

Outcome Of 2015 Polls Would Be Cheering To All – Mark

Published

on

David Mark-Ambassador of the United state of America to Nigeria James EntwistleSenate President, David Mark, on Friday assured that in spite of the apprehension surrounding the conduct of the February general elections, the exercise would be peaceful and the outcome ‘cheering’ to all Nigerians.

A statement issued by the Chief Press Secretary to the Senate President, Paul Mumeh, said that Mark stated this while receiving the United States Ambassador to Nigeria, Mr. James Entwistle, who was on a courtesy visit to his office in Abuja.

Mark also told his guests that the Independent National Electoral Commission had been well equipped with necessary tools and personnel for the polls and that Nigerians are also ready.

He said, “Nigerians are ready for the elections. Our citizens are now more conscious of their rights and indeed the values of their votes. What we expect from our friends and the international community is support and cooperation.

“Security challenge is there but we have intensified efforts and our security operatives now equipped to contain the situation.

“So far, Nigerians are desirous of a peaceful conduct of the elections. I’m sure the outcome would be cheering to all”.

The senate president also expressed the hope that the exercise would be interesting even as he commended the government and people of the US for the support to Nigeria especially towards the election.

In his remarks, the ambassador noted that Nigeria was heading towards a great democratic exercise in 2015, which the global community was looking forward to with keen interest.

Mr. Entwistle also stressed the need for a violent-free election and expressed satisfaction that all the leading presidential candidates for the polls had signed an agreement for a violent-free election next month.

Metro News

Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Published

on

Nigeria's Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Communications minister, Isa Pantami

Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has announced the loss of his 13-year-old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali.

The Minister took to his Twitter account on Monday night to announce this sad news.

Pantami stated that the funeral prayer for the deceased will be conducted in Abuja on Tuesday at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2.

Also Read: Gunmen Evict NIDCOM Staff From Office On Minister’s Order

The post by the minister announcing the incident reads; “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun! My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.

“Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer In sha Allah. May Allah forgive and be merciful to her.”

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Published

on

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Governor Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.

The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.

The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.

Also Read: Umahi Unhappy With PDP Because Atiku Picked Peter Obi – Wike

Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.

He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Published

on

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Bello Matawalle

Governor of Zamafara, Bello Matawalle has announced the release of 11 kidnapped victims.

According to reports, ten of the victims were male and a female from Bukkuyum Local Government Area.

Matawalle received the rescued kidnapped victims on Saturday night at the Government House in Gusau, the state capital.

The Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Muhammed Dauran revealed that the victims were released without paying a ransom.

Also Read: Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

He stated they were released as a result of the peace initiative and stakeholders meeting summoned by Governor Matawalle with all critical stakeholders from Bukkuyum Local Government Area on Thursday.

Governor Matawalle assured that his administration will not rest on its oars until total peace is achieved in all parts of the state.

 

Continue Reading

Trending