May & Baker Nigeria Plc was founded on September 4, 1944 as Nigeria’s first pharmaceutical company.
It has its origin in England, the United Kingdom in 1834 where three chemists founded Grimwade, May & Pickett, a firm for manufacturing chemicals for pharmaceutical products.
May & Baker UK Limited later transformed into a mega European conglomerate through a web of mergers and acquisitions over years. Consequently the name of the company has changed at different times and today, only the Nigerian offshoot is known by the original name.
May & Baker Nigeria Limited became a publicly quoted company following its listing by introduction in the Nigeria Stock Exchange on November 10, 1994 and became May & Baker Nigeria Plc.
New Job Listing:
Sales Manager – East
- Reporting to the Head, Business Operations, the preferred candidate will be expected to coordinate, drive and provide leadership for the sales force to achieve the sales objective of the team.
- Applicants must have hands-on experience in the sales of FMCG / Pharmaceutical products and be driven by a strong desire to achieve results.
- Applicants must possess a B.Pharm with at least four (4) years relevant experience and proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Specialist Business Executive
- Reporting to the Specialist Business Manager, the incumbent will be involved in the promotion of the company’s assigned products to medical and allied professionals in teaching, general and specialist practice through various levels of marketing interviews/medical meetings sufficient to achieve the agreed prescription and sales target.
- Candidates must possess a B.Pharm / B.Sc in Pharmacology with at least one (1) year medical field sales experience with a reputable company.
- Applicants must be result oriented, self-motivated with good oral and written communication skills and must possess strong persuasion and presentation skills with proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Reporting to the Head, Foods Division, the incumbent will be expected to coordinate, drive and provide creative Marketing strategies for the brand.
- Applicants must have hands-on experience in FMCG marketing with emphasis on food and have a good sense of creativity to achieve results.
- Applicants must possess an HND/BSc in Marketing or related disciple with a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience in brand management.
- Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel is a pre-requisite.