Connect with us

Metro News

Fulani Herdsmen Capturing Towns In Southern Kaduna

Published

on

fulani_violence

Insecurity in Nigeria is heightening daily and it is not only Boko Haram that threatens peace in the country. Fulani herdsmen are also reported to be capturing villages, throwing residents of southern Kaduna into apprehension.

The Atakad Community Development Association (ACDA) had last week said that gunmen have captured 16 Atakad villages and killed at least 180 people with 10,000 forced to become refugees since the violence started in 2013.

Most of Atakad land is located on the lush-green hills and valleys of the lengthy Kagoro range of highland in Kaura LGA of Kaduna State. It is about 250km south of Kaduna metropolis.

The National President, ACDA, Ishaya Kunden, told newsmen after the burial ceremony of the district head allegedly killed by Fulani herdsmen, that the world seem not to be interested in their plight, despite the fact that they formed part of the most traumatized of human society.

“Since these invasions and killings of our people started on the 24th March, 2013, we have lost 16 villages to Fulani invaders. At the last count, 180 people have been killed. Right now, Fulani men are fully settled with their cattle and families, in Mayit, Agwom, Zakai Gira, Tunga Magwot, Telak, Zakum and Kirim. Go there and see them. Their cattle are grazing on everything we left be behind.

“The world has forgotten about us, as if we are not human beings. As if are we not part of the most injured in human society. 10,000 Atakad natives are now homeless and are wondering from relations to churches and anywhere they can get assistance. The state government has done very little to help. Only the Churches and some NGOs are coming in with relieve materials to victims still hanging around. All our children are out of Schools. Men cannot go back to their farms. It is horrible. All we are asking is more soldiers and a few things to defend ourselves. We can return if we get that assistance,” he said.

Also speaking at the burial service, which held at the Baptist Church Manchok, the overall chief of Atakad chiefdom, Chief Tobias Nkom Wada, said: “The people of southern Kaduna must be united to fight this dangerous trend.

“They want to take over our hills and use it as a launch pad to invade the entire southern Kaduna. That is why they are killing our people in Sanga and chasing them from the hills. Southern Kaduna people and those governing us cannot afford to see these series of murder of innocent people keep on. I call on our brothers in Ganawuri, who are accommodating the Fulani in their lands to see reasons to negotiate both with us and the Fulani,” the chief said.

Continue Reading
2 Comments

2 Comments

  1. sulaiman isah

    June 15, 2015 at 5:45 pm

    fulani is not a terorism only atakar marwa brom kagoro they are teroris tribe in nigeria

  2. Abubakar Usman

    October 17, 2017 at 6:20 pm

    Fulani Are Trustworthies,where Are Our Houses In Manchok They All Burned Them,all Tribes Are Terrors.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Femi Otedola Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting

Published

on

Femi Otedola Finally Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting
Femi Otedola

Femi Otedola

Nigerian businessman, Femi Otedola has finally reacted to the shooting that took place at Lekki Tollgate, Lagos on Tuesday.

Information Nigeria recalls men dressed in military wears opened fire on unarmed #EndSARS protesters, who convened at the area.

Otedola took to his Instagram page on Sunday to commiserate with the families of those who lost their lives in the unfortunate incident.

Sharing a photo of the Nigerian flag, he wrote;

“The horrors that have been unfolding in our country have left me filled with sadness. I deeply commiserate with those who have lost their loved ones and as a father, I share the sentiment of my three daughters who protested in Lagos and London. As a young boy of 16, I participated in the ‘Ali Must Go Protest’ of 1978, so I understand the determination of our youths who rightly want our country to be better. We must all do our part to make Nigeria great! I will continue to do my own quota in providing for those who are most in need of support in our country in these tough times .…F.Ote💲”

Read Also: Femi Otedola Spotted Dancing With His Children (Video)

See his post below:

Otedola’s post

Otedola’s post

Continue Reading

Metro News

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” – Brother Claims

Published

on

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” - Brother Claims
Oke

Oke

Information Nigeria recalls a graphics designer identified as Oke, was killed hours after tweeting “Nigeria will not kill me” on Wednesday.

It was reported that the young man had passed away after he was hit by a stray bullet.

The deceased’s younger brother, Daniel has come out to clear the air regarding the circumstances leading to his death.

Daniel revealed his brother was stabbed on the neck by thugs who infiltrated and ransacked their home.

In his words;

Good day, My name is Obi-Enadhuze Daniel younger brother of the now deceased Okechukwu Obi-Enadhuze @O_Okee . I, my brother and mother lived at makinde police barracks, mafoluku, Oshodi, Lagos State.

Today at about 11 o’clock in the morning the police station at makinde was attacked by thugs who wanted to destroy the station, I my mom and brother were holed up in our house.

 The attack went on for hours before the thugs eventually breached the police and proceeded to set the station on fire, after accomplishing this they set their sights to the barracks and began the assault, they proceeded to destroy every car in the barracks, my mom’s 2 cars where destroyed and set on fire and then they infiltrated our house by breaking the door they then proceeded to ransack the house and carted away with everything we own. 

 my brother on trying to get them to take everything but spare us was pushed to my mom’s room and stabbed on the neck, the attacker then proceeded to attack me but missed my neck but got my chin instead, after this my mom and I carried my brothers body to the entrance of the station soliciting for help from the thugs still ravaging the barracks, we were finally able to put him in a wheelbarrow and took him to a hospital where he was rejected because “he was already dead” unfazed we moved him to another hospital where he met the same treatment this was where he bled his last drops of blood and died, his body has now been moved to a morgue

we have lost every single thing we own, as our house was completely ransacked and set on fire the only thing left is my brothers phone and at about 8 o’clock this evening the barracks was still on fire but Okechukwu has paid with the ultimate price

I and my mother are homeless with nothing now but we’re safe for now, we thank everyone that has been able to reach out to us, and were able to share consoling words with us in these trying times, God bless you

While we were holed up in the house the three of us said these words together and we say it again ” THREE OF US ARE HERE, THREE OF US ARE TOGETHER, THREE OF US ARE SAFE”

Let it be known that my brother @O_Okee  was NOT killed by a police bullet but died a hero protecting my mother and I.

If you see this please retweet, let the world know how Okechukwu died. He was NOT killed by a police bullet but thugs in his home!”

Read Also: RIP Oke: Barely 3hours After Tweeting “Nigeria Will Not End Me” #EndSARS Protester Dies From Gunshot

See his post below:

Continue Reading

Metro News

Youths Burn Down Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Published

on

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)Lagos youths have set the family house of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on fire.

This was after the Governor said that no nobody was killed during the shooting by soldiers at Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Sanwo-Olu had debunked claims that the soldiers opened fire and killed some peaceful protesters.

Recall that men of the Nigerian Army reportedly opened fire on protesters following the declaration of 24 hours curfew by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwolu.

Bullets fired by security operatives hit some persons and at least two persons have been confirmed killed by the police and many injured

Voices in viral footage blamed the shootings on soldiers.

However, the angry youth attacked several important places such as Nigeria Port Authority, TVC News, and the family house of the Governor where his mother resides.

Continue Reading

Trending