We live in a world that seeks to marginalize faith. Each day, we’re sent the message that faith is for the weak, the uneducated, the gullible and the easily deceived. According to cynics, faith is for those too unsophisticated to deal with life on their own.
It’s utter and complete nonsense. Faith is for the strong — for those who choose to see the meaning and purpose in life. Faith has the power to make life incredibly happy. Too many people feel jaded and miserable. Choosing faith is choosing hope. If you want to lead a happier life, here are eight reasons why remaining faithful is a smart move.
Faith leads us to examine our lives
The faithful believe they have inherent strengths and weaknesses given to them by a divine Creator who knows what they need. When you believe that you have ways to become better, you’re always evaluating your life and making course corrections. This introspection leads to personal growth, a necessary element for fulfillment.
Faith means family
The faithful are more likely than nonbelievers to have lasting families — which directly contributes to life satisfaction. Sharing faith as a family creates stronger bonds between parents and children, and these interactions make for happier households.
Faith also means community
Those who choose to express their faith through organized religion enjoy the social network associated with church attendance. Religion is one way to ward off the loneliness and isolation that rob us of our happiness. Having a church and having a friend go hand in hand.
Faith brings hope
As humans, we wonder from time to time about the big questions. Where did I come from? Why am I here? Where will I go when I die? Our faith gives us hope in greater things than this world. We know that God created us for a purpose, and we know that we will feel peace after death. Our faith reminds us that our legacy does not die with us and that we will continue to exist long after we’ve left this earth.
Faith results in service
If you want to live a happier life, forget about your troubles and start meeting the needs of those around you. While it’s possible to offer service separate from faith, religious observance keeps the poor and needy at the forefront of your thoughts. Having a constant reminder to succor the poor will likely result in action, and many churches provide organized opportunities for community service.
Faith helps us endure suffering
Many unbelievers ask the faithful, “Why would God allow for suffering?” However, the faithful understand that trials are a natural part of human existence and that, as we rely on faith, we grow as a direct result of our suffering. We see how many of the world’s problems stem from man’s disregard of God’s laws. As faithful people, we understand the reason for obstacles and how to avoid creating our own drama.
Faith encourages tradition
Our faith gives rhyme and reason to our daily lives as well as our major milestones. Daily devotionals, prayer and scripture study help us keep the big picture throughout each day. Weekly service attendance allows us to renew our bond with God. Our faith influences the way we celebrate births, marriages and deaths. Our faith provides us a rich cultural heritage that we can share with our families for generations.
Faith keeps us humble
Those who claim that the religious are deluded often don’t have a clear sense of their own blind spots and shortcomings. As we contemplate our relationships with an all-powerful God, we’re reminded of how much more we need to learn. This humility and reliance on something other than our own intellect makes us both happy and humble.
In a time that celebrates apathy, show pride in your decision to remain faithful. While the world grows more cynical and dissatisfied, your faith has the power to make you sincerely happy.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment21 hours ago
‘The People Who Don’t Know You Are The Ones Who Help You Succeed’ – Wathoni Ayansi
- Entertainment6 hours ago
Faithia Williams Condoles Iyabo Ojo Over Mother’s Death
- Entertainment21 hours ago
BBNaija’s Kaisha Signs Two New Endorsement Deals
- News Feed21 hours ago
Kidnapped APC Chairman Found Dead
- News Feed21 hours ago
Vee Reacts After She Was Mocked For Signing Endorsement Deal With Brand That Allegedly Sells Bleaching Cream
- Entertainment22 hours ago
‘Focus On Physical Attraction, Then Character, When Choosing Life Partner’: Reno Omokri
- News Feed21 hours ago
I am not really happy in life — DJ Cuppy
- National News10 hours ago
NLC, TUC Stage Walk Out From Meeting With FG