Connect with us

News Feed

203 soldiers dismissed for allegedly asking for weapons to fight Boko haram

Published

on

image

203 Nigerian soldiers have allegedly been dismissed by the Nigerian military over allegations of disobeying a direct order from their commanding officer to engage Boko Haram members and demanding for support equipment. The soldiers and their families are said to have been evicted from the barracks after a court martial that sat on December 24th night found them guilty of disobeying superior authority.

Premium Times reports that one of the dismissed soldier attached to the 7th division in Maiduguri Borno state, who spoke on the condition of anonymity said  that after the sect members dislodged their unit in Damboa, Borno state sometime last year,  they (the soldiers) were reconvened in Maiduguri in August to further engage in the fight against boko haram and upon their arrival, they were they were given two weeks pass and that at the expiration of their pass, they were issued new uniforms, boots and handed 30 rounds of bullets each as against the 60 rounds meant to be given to them. He said their commanding chief ordered that they move in a tipper to continue the fight to dislodge the sect members in Damboa but that some of the soldiers argued that serious weapons would be needed in the fierce battle they are expected to embark on as they have being fighting with the sect members and known the type of weapons they use. 
“So we asked for support weapons. No support weapon was provided. Our CO (Commanding Officer) said he would discuss with the GOC (General Officer Commanding) of the 7 Division at the headquarters. When he came back, he said we should stand down. We thought all was well,” our source said.
He said the next day their new CO, Mohammed A, a lieutenant colonel from 195 battalion, Agenebode, ordered them to submit their weapons and uniforms or be charged with mutiny.
“On the morning of 16 of August, after the GOC briefing, our commander started calling our names and he said anyone whose name is called should submit their uniform and weapon. He added that anyone who failed to do that would be charged for mutiny. We were surprised at what was happening. He started from the most senior soldier among us, a warrant officer who had served for almost 30 years. They asked us to go back to the barrack. It is a war zone and our weapons had been taken from us. Staying around was of no use so we left Maiduguri back home.”
The next order from the army hierarchy was for the soldiers to report to the 4th Brigade headquarters in Benin where they were detained for three months.
“They kept us in the fenced field at the officers’ mess in 4th battalion headquarters. When we first arrived at Benin they took statements from us and took it to Maiduguri. The original charge against us was for deserting but after our statements were taken they changed the charge to disobedient to particular order. They said we disobeyed the CO’s order. They seized our phones, we couldn’t communicate with our families for the 90 days we were kept in detention,” our source said.
After they were released on December 24, they were conveyed to their various units. The soldier said on getting to their units, a court martial was set up at about 11.30 p.m. where they were tried and dismissed. He said the next morning, they were evicted from the barrack with their families.
“It was dismissal without benefits. After 17 years in service. Even people that served for 30 years were dismissed without benefits. We had no legal representation.” the source said
The Nigerian military has not reacted to the report.

Continue Reading
2 Comments

2 Comments

  1. sali (SAN)

    January 2, 2015 at 5:13 pm

    How many ware Nigerian army at the war front that 203 is been dismissed, why is it that everything in Nigerian are not always traight even the Government are not sincere with the citizenry,well the world suffers a lot. Not because the violence of the bad people but because of the silence of the good people…!

  2. Glowbabe

    January 4, 2015 at 6:05 am

    President Jonathan! See what is happening even to soldiers in your time. Pls be a man and not a puppet president. Defend your citizens

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Feed

Cleric Warns Bobrisky, Reveals When He Will Die (Video)

Published

on

Popular Nigerian male barbie, Bobrisky has been told to change his ways as he has just few years to live before he dies.

Islamic cleric, Hammed Ademola who claimed that Bobrisky’s money is from the devil said the crossdresser has about 3 years before he dies.

He further added that Bobrisky’s friends would soon have problems in their lives, which is a consequence of befriending an evil.

Ademola also said that Bobrisky would soon have regrets for going under a knife to be transformed from a man to a woman.

Recall that she recently issued a warning to all crossdressers to not think of taking her throne because she is the queen of crossdressers.

Watch the video below:

Continue Reading

News Feed

Dead Man Made To Sit On A Chair At His Own Funeral (Photos + Video)

Published

on

In what will come across as a really startling development, a dead man has been made to sit at his own funeral.

According to Trinidad Express, the dead man was embalmed into a sitting position, placed in the tray of a hearse and given an open-air last ride past the Office of the Prime Minister on the way to his funeral.

Dressed in a suit and in a chair, murdered Che Lewis was placed in the back of a pick-up van by Dennie’s Funeral Home and driven around Port of Spain on Wednesday.

Witnesses and social media users were stunned.

TTPS Road Safety Co-ordinator Brent Batson told Express via a What’s App message that the funeral home’s manner of transporting the deceased will be investigated.

The dead man was made to sit on a chair at his funeral

Batson said, “The TTPS is disappointed in the reckless behavior engaged in by a funeral home being circulated on social media whereby persons were seen seated in the vehicle tray seemingly as part of a funeral procession. Carrying persons in a dangerous manner is an offence Regulation 38 Rule 17 of the Motor Vehicle Road Traffic Act (MVRTA) with a $1,000 penalty and the TTPS will be continuing investigation into funeral company’s conduct on the road.”

Several videos of the ‘last ride’ were posted on social media, with many commenting that this was “proof that Trinidad is not a real place”, while others said they idea was only novel in Trinidad but was done in other countries.

Lewis, 29, and his father Adlay Lewis, 49, were shot and killed on November 15 at their home at First Trace, Bagatelle Road, Diego Martin.

His funeral was streamed live on social media, but not all the viewers were aware that the man sitting at the entrance to the church was the deceased.

There was also a question as to why he was not wearing a mask.

The funeral home informed that because of the “unique funeral, the church was astonished and refused the entrance of Che”.

Following the funeral service at the St John The Evangelist R.C Church at Church Street, Diego Martin the bodies of father and son were interred the St John The Evangelist Cemetery.

The funeral home also intends introducing a new form of body disposal to Trinidad and Tobago.

It is know as alkaline hydrolysis, a process for the disposal of human and pet remains using lye and heat.

Continue Reading

News Feed

Shebi You Have Your Own Life, Why Can’t You Mind Your Own Business – Bobrisky Slams Critics

Published

on

Nigerian crossdresser Bobrisky has slammed those trying to advise her on how she’s living her life asking them to mind their business.

According to her, in this era of the new world, no one tells anyone how to live their lives not to talk of a 29yrs old like hers who is living her life as she wants.

Adding that those trying to advise her all have their own lives to live therefore they should mind their own business and stop trying to advise her.

At this rate, it’s obvious Bobrisky is not ready to listen to any advice from anyone on how to live her own life as he’s now a big boy at 29.

screenshot below;

Continue Reading

Trending