- Telecom Design Engineering and Supervisory solutions to Upstream Capital Project Team:
- Develop / Review tender documents for different projects, and agree assessment criteria at initial stages of the process.
- Co-ordination with relevant stakeholders or perform site survey if required in order to have better understanding on existing infrastructure that will eventually provide a better design input for new project.
- Perform quality check on purchased equipment; perform inspection together with Project QA/QC Team to ensure the purchased equipment is in compliance to the project specification.
- Ensure that the solutions as implemented are fully in line with the agreed/approved designs
- Develop and maintain good knowledge of current standards, methodologies, tools and technology services as applicable to project management.
- Telecoms infrastructure review and proactive identification of capacity issues and solution design.
- Deliver and document a compliant solution for programs and projects:
- Assists in gathering and assessing telecom requirements, both functional and nonfunctional.
- Design a solution that is fully compliant with relevant standards and that leverages reference architectures.
- Drive for solution simplicity and agility.
- Review / Audit designs developed by third parties for projects in line with company standards
- Actively work to identify, communicate, mitigate and resolve design issues and risks.
- In case solutions cannot be 100% compliant with standards proactively seek input from the relevant function in order to obtain step-out approval.
- Maintain good working relationships with relevant Delivery Vertical and competence center teams as relevant.
- Ensure early and ongoing engagement with the Projects function to identify relevant standards, best practices, reference architectures and technology services, taking into account current standards and strategies.
- Specify requirements for managing telecom requirements (design and operational) for local site facilities like towers/power/cooling/buried and aerial cable installation.
- Ensure the solution design is documented in line with current standards.
- Ensure compliance with architecture and IRM governance processes.
Skills and Experience
- Have excellent understanding and knowledge of telecommunications equipment used within Company Digital Microwave Radio, VHF FM, VHF AM, PABX, Beacons, Digital UHF System (TETRA), PAGA System etc. and other offshore telecom systems.
- Deep understanding of DCAF and Capital projects controls, Safety Critical Systems, Telecom Design and Engineering Standards and Practices in Oil and Gas, understanding of IP & Networking.
- Substantial experience in leading and executing Telecoms project delivery, Telecoms operations, or IT consultancy assignments to design, develop and deliver viable solutions to meet business needs.
- Deliverable-oriented with a focus on results.
- Knowledge and practical application of radio propagation craft tools, design tools e.g Pathloss.
- Previous experience working in offshore environment, and knowledge of offshore related telecommunications an advantage.
- Knowledge and practice of Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Risk management as applicable to telecommunication systems development.
- Project Delivery methodology for managing Capital Projects in Oil and Gas (eg. Opportunity Realization Process (ORP), DCAF process and Project Standards).
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the Upstream business.
- Knowledge about specific Upstream IT infrastructure and telecom solutions (eg. Process Control/SCADA)
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills, both oral and written. Good storytelling capabilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Team player with experience in working in a multi-disciplined IT environment with ability to work in virtual teams, across time, geographical, and cultural boundaries.
- Design assignments frequently involve working on virtual (and cross-border) projects so good team-working skills and a willingness to travel are important.
- Relevant Professional Certifications.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications or equivalent work experience (moderate years relative work experience (Technical Field Telecoms projects or design work).
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 901392.
Orion Group currently supplies over 4,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 40 offices worldwide, Orion Group operates internationally and in October 2013, were named the UK’s number one for Oil & Gas recruitment.
- Consultant name: Neil Grant
- Email: Neil.Grant@orioneng.com
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Politics16 hours ago
BREAKING: Senator Abbo Dumps PDP; Joins APC
- News Feed16 hours ago
Lai Mohammed reacts to second report on Lekki tollgate shooting
- National News20 hours ago
Family Of Slain Vendor Demands N500m Compensation From Gbajabiamila, Threatens Legal Action
- Entertainment17 hours ago
Socialite Pretty Mike And His 6 Pregnant Babymamas Make It To The Wendy Williams Show
- News Feed16 hours ago
Water tank driver accuses Duncan Mighty of assaulting him in Rivers
- News Feed16 hours ago
Offa Polytechnic Student Union Government Gives Merit Award To Cultist Groups
- Entertainment18 hours ago
“Know Who You’re Coming For” – BBNaija’s Cee-C Debunks Rumor That She Didn’t Pass Her Bar Exams
- National News16 hours ago
BREAKING: Court Fixes Date For Ndume’s Bail Application