Wood Group Kenny – We provide a fully integrated system engineering approach that incorporates subsea trees, manifolds, controls and umbilicals, subsea structures, pipelines, risers and vessel interface structures. We have thirty years of experience working on subsea developments across the world, continually stretching our capability for long subsea tieback distances and in the deepest waters. Design of new developments is typically led by the three Kenny named constituent businesses, that is, J P Kenny, MCS Kenny and MSi Kenny.
Brief Posting Description
We are currently recruiting for The Manager of Subsea Projects to join the Wood Group Kenny team on a rotational basis in Lagos, Nigeria.
Role: To provide a comprehensive and effective leadership and direction to the engineering and technical execution team in delivery of all projects in the office in Lagos.
Job role is independently accountable for support delivery of all Lagos, Nigeria based execution for the multiple clients.
Principal Project Responsibilities :
With Local autonomy, establishes and maintains the technical and project standards for the all international and local client’s workscopes. Sets strategic and tactical direction with regard to policy/procedures, work force staffing, and budgeting. Participates in decisions regarding the acquisition and execution of engineering and/or Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) contracts, and supporting business acquisitions & preparation of technical proposals. Experience in growth of engineering businesses will be considered and advantage. Responsible for the deployment of WGPSN Management Systems throughout the business.
Input to local content plan and resourcing graduates and input to composite structured training plan for the project.
· Ensure Technical/Engineering function adopts the company core values in delivery of all workscopes.
· Demonstrate clear leadership and proactive engagement in HSE programmes and objectives. Participate/lead audits, ERP exercises and management reviews.
· Ensure design and safety reviews and audits are carried out in accordance with the approved PSN, client and project procedures and plans. Ensure that they are closed-out in a timely manner.
· Actively support the delivery of HSE and Business improvement programmes.
· Provide support to Operations Director in visible leadership as the in-country engineering champion.
· ontribute to the ongoing development of project plans, schedules and estimates.
· Develop, recruit and manage local Engineering execution capability, fully aligned with the WG network functional system, processes and standards.
· Manage the overall provision of Project, Engineering and Technical Services strategies, policies, processes and programs.
· Supervise direct reports and provide support to those in developing their areas of responsibility and the supervision of all team personnel.
· Responsible for ensuring effective project close-out / as-building and lessons learned processes are completed for all engineering projects.
· Review of all job progress, and delivery of a consolidated engineering monthly progress report.
· Review and agree CTR’s and estimates produced by lead discipline engineers for design changes and additional work-scopes. Challenge the necessity of changes and implementing more cost effective solutions if possible.
· Promote effective communication and challenge within the engineering disciplines in order to foster the production of safe, cost effective, fit for purpose and constructible designs.
· Contribute to the Management of the engineering resource and ensure that all engineering discipline sections are adequately staffed with appropriately qualified personnel.
· Support the development, implementation and successful delivery of the business plan.
· Establish and manage the projects, engineering department budget for all Projects.
· Ensure that all project, project support and engineering work is managed and executed in accordance with the agreed budget and plan.
· Where appropriate, spearhead initiatives aimed at developing an innovative and cost saving approach.
· Ensure that all design changes are captured by the change control process.
· Identify, establish and maintain relationships with external services providers for sub-contract support services.
· Contribute to the Management of the project, project support and engineering resource and ensure that all engineering discipline sections are adequately staffed with appropriately qualified personnel.
· To ensure that the management system has updated Engineering policies and processes and employees are aware & understand these policies and procedures.
· 15 years’ experience in project execution (onshore and offshore projects)
· Performing a similar role in the past an advantage and involved in developing of engineering offices from inception.
· Good Knowledge of WGPSN/WG Management Systems
· Good English spoken & written and clear communicator
· Excellent presentation skills
· Good Interviewing Techniques and Skills
· Team Player
· Excellent Coaching and Mentoring
· Sharing Lessons Learned between Regional Projects
· Local Negotiation and problem Solving
· Focused Drive
· Emotional Intelligence (Culturally Adept)
· Trusted Influence
· Systems Thinking
· Willing to Travel (Africa)
· No Visa Restrictions
Why is Wood Group ‘where you want to be’?
- We are the largest brownfield oil and gas service company in the world so there are always opportunities for the best people to fast track their careers through understanding and living the company’s core values
- We have operations globally so your career has the ability to bring you to some of the most interesting places in the world
- Our training and competence teams will provide you with the tools and ability to progress your career
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC in all correspondence relating to this position.
Internal applicants must discuss their application with their line manager prior to applying.
Online applications only – no email applications
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
Vacancy for an Editor at Information Nigeria
nformation Nigeria a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers is looking to employ an experienced editor.
– Supervise and be responsible for all content created and published on the Information Nigeria website.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or a related field.
Pay package includes industry standard salary and bonuses when certain milestones are met.
* Please send a cover letter, CV and 3 samples of your work to: email@example.com
* The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for Editor Position’
* Application Deadline is: 23rd June 2019
- Entertainment24 hours ago
‘I’m Proud Of You Honey’, Adesua Etomi Tells Banky W
- News Feed23 hours ago
Social media spreads what you feed it – Ruggedman tells Lai Mohammed
- News Feed23 hours ago
Protest against police brutality: Protesters loot shopping mall in Philadelphia (Video)
- Politics5 hours ago
Ganduje Reinstates Suspended Aide Who Attacked President Buhari
- News Feed23 hours ago
Social media influencers, Omohtee and Aunty Risi fight on Twitter over surgery, school fees, sex, others
- Entertainment24 hours ago
Actress Mary Njoku, Husband Test Positive For COVID-19
- Sports4 hours ago
The potential for iGaming in Nigeria uncovered
- Education5 hours ago
BREAKING: Public, Private Schools Can Reopen Monday – Lagos Govt