Connect with us

News Feed

APC Blasts Jonathan Again On Economic Hardship

Published

on

Why You Should Buy YouTube Views Cheap

The main opposition party All Progressives Congress (APC) has again accused President Goodluck Jonathan of failing to plan for the bad patch.

jonathan-sad

The spokesman of South East APC Osita Okechukwu while addressing party supporters in Enugu, expressed agreement with the President about the diversity of challenges opposing Nigeria, and that they did not start today.

Jonathan speaking in Abuja on Sunday, had said, that Nigeria is facing a lot of challenges now as a nation and that the challenges did not start today, but somehow, instead of abating the problems started increasing for one reason or the other.

APC South East spokesman said that while he agreed that the challenges did not start today, they are growing instead because of the unclear and undeveloped economic policies of Jonathan’s Economic Team.

One is at a loss how else an economy can be down, except now that Nigeria is broke, the Naira devalued and we are back into the loop of foreign debt trap,” he announced.  “Our hardship and the challenges are inflicted by Jonathan regime.”

He lamented that the Economic Team had failed to plan for the rainy day, stating that the instability of the crude oil market was basic knowledge, and that no responsible and responsive government would panic form Day One as the Jonathan’s Team was doing.  In one breath they said that government has no business in business and in another breath they fuel corruption.

Okechukwu reminded that at the beginning of Jonathan’s government in May 2010, it inherited from late President Umaru Musa Yaradua over $10 billion in the Excess Crude Account and from thence till last month crude oil price was never sold below $90 per barrel.
He further stated that the Nigeria Customs Service, despite irresponsible waivers being decided to cronies by the Jonathan’s government, rakes in a minimum of N800 billion yearly.

Accordingly, when you add revenue from LNG and other sources you will agree with me that the hardship Nigerians are facing today is deliberately inflicted by the planlessness and squandermania of the Jonathan administration,” he said.

Ahead of 2015 presidential elections opposition and ruling parties used to exchange allegations as a part of campaigning.

President Jonathan recently has challenged presidential candidate that emerges from the APC to a public debate.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Feed

Lekki Shooting: ‘I took a lot of gunshot victims to the hospital’ – Ideh Chukwuma

Published

on

Lekki Shooting: 'I took a lot of gunshot victims to the hospital' – Ideh Chukwuma

 

Ideh Chukwuma has shared his experience at the Lekki tollgate protest ground. The Nigerian filmmaker revealed that he took, at least, 13 endSARS protesters cum victims to the hospital.

Chukwuma made this known in an exclusive interview with Premium Times, an online newspaper based in Abuja. He, however, noted that he never saw any dead body at the massacre scene.

 

Lekki Shooting: 'I took a lot of gunshot victims to the hospital' – Ideh Chukwuma

He said;

What I will say is, I have been hearing people say “Lekki massacre, Lekki massacre.” I have to be honest with you if you Google the term “massacre,” massacre is a situation where a group of people were being killed by rebels or the military and going by that particular point, I would have been able to tell you that I saw a lot of dead bodies, this is how they killed them, there were a lot of dead bodies and so it was a massacre.

“But from the time I came, I didn’t see any dead bodies but I can certainly tell you that there was a shooting, an unauthorised shooting. I will call it a raid, I will call it assault. I am going to term it assault and raid. That is what I would use. It was an assault and I and I may be wrong but because I didn’t see those bodies, and I have not seen a family member that has come to cry and say one two or three persons have died.

If DJ Switch had seen that, she’s in the best position to say that because she was there. I cannot say she’s wrong. I was out of that circle. I was a few meters away. They were at the toll gate and I was a few meters away from them. I wasn’t there, I was at Lekki Phase 1. I can’t tell you what the military’s approach on their arrival was. So, I wouldn’t be able to tell you that they shot one, two, three, four, or five people. But I can certainly tell you that I took a lot of gunshot victims to the hospital.

If I took about 13 people to the hospital myself, minus the ones that the governor confirmed that were injured, he said about thirty, that is forty-something, DJ Switch might not be wrong. I took 13 to the hospital. So, if DJ Switch said she saw 15 dead people, by her own records, because she was there so she can speak on that part. I can’t speak on that and none of the thirteen people that I took to the hospital has died. They are still alive and some of them have been discharged.

He also recounted how the soldiers tried stopping him from helping victims of the shooting. One Soul added;

For the record, I was not at the protest ground with the crowd protesting when the military came around so I cannot tell you what guns they were shooting. But I knew I heard gunshots and people were running. So, what could have happened when I was not there, while I was in my car, I don’t know. It was when I came back I realised everyone was running helter-skelter and I saw people falling down. I saw blood, people being shot and it was all looking bad so I decided to keep going (driving) and I could see clearly this time that the army had surrounded the protesters.

“They were gathered together into a circle and the army surrounded them with their guns and they were still singing the national pledge while they were surrounded. They saw my car coming and I was waving the flag and one of the military guys was shouting “ Go back, go back” and I wouldn’t go back and I was like I want to check up on my friends and they shouted that I should “ Go back now!” and then I saw a lady that was shot on the leg and another guy who was shot in the hand.

Yes, and they saw me carry wounded people in my car. I saw another guy who was shot in the hand but the bullet did not go into his arm but bruised him so I carried the three of them and drove to Ajah. They rejected them. I got to the government hospital and they said it was only for mother and child. Then Doren Hospital, Ajah, accepted them and I was happy. I told the Director that I was coming back and I then I drove back to tollgate and they were still shooting and I came down from the car raising my hand up and the guy kept shooting and I told them I wanted to help people that were wounded and he said No I should go back and I said, ‘‘Sir, I cannot go back I have to check the wounded people, and he refused then I took off my clothes and I said “ Sir, you have to shoot me” then he cocked a gun and aimed it at me and I was like I will not leave if you don’t allow me to rescue these people. While he aimed his gun at me, his colleague brushed me and hissed then I walked in there and rescued four other people and rushed them to the hospital.

When I was coming back the third time, I came with an ambulance to rescue more people. While I was there, one of the guys told me that the military was keeping the wounded or dead people in their trucks. So what I was told was that the military took some people and that they thought they were taking them to the military hospital. I don’t know if it is possible that it is true or I don’t know. When I came back again, I told the man (soldier) that I wanted to carry more people in the ambulance and I helped more people in the ambulance and they were taken to the hospital.

Continue Reading

News Feed

Hoodlums reportedly attack Actor Clem Ohameze in Uyo

Published

on

Hoodlums reportedly attack Actor Clem Ohameze in Uyo

Clem Ohameze, popular Nollywood actor was on Thursday reportedly attacked by hoodlums in Uyo, Akwa Ibom state capital.

 

This was made known by a Twitter user who revealed that the actor was robbed of his personal belongings during the attack.

 

@simply_kemkem tweeted:

Veteran Nollywood actor Clem Ohameze was attacked in Uyo on Thursday by hoodlums. They injured him, took his money and phones. Quick recovery sir.

Continue Reading

News Feed

Hoodlums storm Senator’s residence in Ibadan; cart away 300 motorcycles (Video)

Published

on

Hoodlums storm Senator's residence in Ibadan; cart away 300 motorcycles (Video)

Hoodlums have paid a visit to Nigerian senator Teslim Folarin at his Oluyole residence in Ibadan, Oyo state capital.

It was gathered that the hoodlums made away with 300 new motorcycles, deep freezers, and other household items.

Senator Folarin is not the only politician who has suffered attack in recent times.

Information Nigeria recalls hoodlums, on Saturday, raided houses of senators in Enugu and Calabar.

See pictures below:

 

 

Here are videos below;

Continue Reading

Trending